Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
I like big candles and I can not lie; you other brothas can't deny, that when a girl walks in with a Sunday dress and a beeswax in her hand you get pious...
 

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 5, 2002
Messages
7,253
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
^^I think I have that on my old seminary computer. I may just have to fire that baby up to see that old file!
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
FrChris said:
^^I think I have that on my old seminary computer. I may just have to fire that baby up to see that old file!
What you've got is the "Baby got Book" (the Bible one).

And I know that you really want to fire it back up just to play more Civ.
 

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
8,785
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Springfield, MO
SolEX01 said:
Another fact of the day:

Eva Peron never ruled Argentina.  Her husband Juan Peron's later wife, Isabel, ruled for 2 years after Juan died in 1974.
Quite true. However, the ruling couple idea lives on with Presidenta Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, the wife of former Presidente Nestor Kirchner.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
SolEX01 said:
I'm an Archon of OC.Net which is more relevant than being an Archon of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.

Yay!   ;D
Be pleased by your achievement.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,279
Reaction score
116
Points
63
Age
41
<-- This is my 4,000th post. Which means I spend wayyyy too much time on the internets!
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,791
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
serb1389 said:
Did anyone watch the Colts Packers v. Saints game last night?  I felt like it was a little bit of a lack-luster ending.  I wanted the game to keep going personally, but I guess one could say it was well fought. 
Saints blew the game out of the water.  Colts played Sunday night.  ;)
 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
1,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I've retuned from the fair, and all seems a tad ecentric hither.

I hath been Bobmotized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcoq1FMz5tw&feature=related

 

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
9,123
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
SolEX01 said:
serb1389 said:
Did anyone watch the Colts Packers v. Saints game last night?  I felt like it was a little bit of a lack-luster ending.  I wanted the game to keep going personally, but I guess one could say it was well fought. 
Saints blew the game out of the water.  Colts played Sunday night.   ;)
way top pay attention serbski...lol.  thanks o sole mio. 

Did anyone watch the new 24? 
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,791
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
I think Ravens beat Pittsburgh; Too bad John Madden couldn't keep the bus parked in Baltimore for another week, traveling to Dallas for the Giants/Cowboys matchup.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Asteriktos said:
<-- This is my 4,000th post. Which means I spend wayyyy too much time on the internets!
Congrats!  And a couple of weeks later, you have another 130+ posts to your name - well on pace for 6,000+ by next year, this time.
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,791
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
What would "Didaskalous tou Genous" be in Latin?

In fact, can anyone translate all the titles available to the Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate into Latin?
 

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
9,123
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
SolEX01 said:
What would "Didaskalous tou Genous" be in Latin?

In fact, can anyone translate all the titles available to the Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate into Latin?
Well, since the titles are from the "byzantine empire" and the "byzantine empire" was technically the Roman empire....fill in the blank. 
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
SolEX01 said:
Can Cleveland beat ozgeorge to 10,000 posts?
I was "in the lead" for quite a many month, but have fallen behind my esteemed fellow Global Mod.  I would have to go back to my energetic, post in every thread ways, which I have been out of for quite a while.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
username! said:
they will have invented a new kind of computer and internet by the time I reach 10,000 posts.  
Have faith in your own abilities.
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,791
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
serb1389 said:
Well, since the titles are from the "byzantine empire" and the "byzantine empire" was technically the Roman empire....fill in the blank. 
Greek became the official language of the Byzantine Empire over Latin.  I could have asked for Serbian translations in phoenetic English.  ;)
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
SolEX01 said:
Greek became the official language of the Byzantine Empire over Latin.  I could have asked for Serbian translations in phoenetic English.   ;)
Well, if you are feeling industrious, you could go to one of the Latin-language websites (i.e. for teaching Latin) and look up in their dictionary sections the words... and then get help from one of our users on Declension/Conjugation/etc.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,884
Reaction score
56
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
SolEX01 said:
Can Cleveland beat ozgeorge to 10,000 posts?
Now that I've thought about it - I don't think I can.  The two of us are both involved in many threads, so it would be hard for me to go ahead of him in volume by 200 posts or so in addition to our already-high posting rate.
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,791
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
cleveland said:
Well, if you are feeling industrious, you could go to one of the Latin-language websites (i.e. for teaching Latin) and look up in their dictionary sections the words... and then get help from one of our users on Declension/Conjugation/etc.
I think I'll have another Pepsi and alternate between watching CSI: Miami and the water main being repaired - 15' x 15' x 10' sinkhole.  No one was hurt nor did anyone's car wind up at the bottom.  8)
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,791
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
cleveland said:
Now that I've thought about it - I don't think I can.  The two of us are both involved in many threads, so it would be hard for me to go ahead of him in volume by 200 posts or so in addition to our already-high posting rate.
We can pick an arbitrary argument

Cleveland: No you can't
SolEX01: Yes I can.

Repeat about 300 times.  ;)
 

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
9,123
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
SolEX01 said:
serb1389 said:
Well, since the titles are from the "byzantine empire" and the "byzantine empire" was technically the Roman empire....fill in the blank. 
Greek became the official language of the Byzantine Empire over Latin.  I could have asked for Serbian translations in phoenetic English.   ;)
Little known fact:  Tito was the one who standardized the phoenetics, and it was a "communist" reasoning b/c he wanted everyone to have the SAME standard way to write all letters.  So, actually the phoenetics, became "latinica" or a standard way of writing serbian with latin characters. 

Good ole' Tito...lol.

SolEX01 said:
I've always felt that Britney Spears will make a comeback.
Dude!!!  me too!!!  I always liked her style/music
 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
1,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I believe Brittany Spears is Janis Joplin's untalented sister's grandbaby.

Elvis is alive!



He is Barney the Purple Dinosaur!



He is the Pied Piper that leads our children...



Into the wages of sin....



And eternal damnation!

 
Top