Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
I did hear earlier this year of a player returning a missed (unblocked) field goal attempt 109 yards for a TD.
It is perfectly legal to return an un-converted kick that falls in play (i.e. not out of bounds).  There are a few cases of 100+ yard returns of missed kicks for touchdowns.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

cleveland said:
It is perfectly legal to return an un-converted kick that falls in play (i.e. not out of bounds).  There are a few cases of 100+ yard returns of missed kicks for touchdowns.
What would have happened if a Raven had caught that ball and then returned it for a touchdown? Who both teams receive points for that?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Hello,
What would have happened if a Raven had caught that ball and then returned it for a touchdown? Who both teams receive points for that?
Nope.  The ball had hit an object that is out-of-bounds (the goal post's supporting arm), which made it a "dead ball" and not able to be played.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Hello,
It's a computer scripting language. 
I figured.  I try (on purpose) to stay ignorant of that kind of stuff - I was a Camp E my first 2 years of undergrad, and hated it (and who would have known - I got a degree in Psych, which is the opposite end of the spectrum IMO, and one in Ministry, again an opposite).  Staying away from all things programming has been a real blessing so far.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

This will create 10000 random rolls of the die and compute how many of each number occurred.

Code:
#! /bin/ksh

let count=1
let ones=0
let twos=0
let threes=0
let fours=0
let fives=0
let sixes=0

while [ $count -le 10000 ]
do

let Roll=RANDOM%6+1

if [ $Roll = 1 ]
          then

let ones=ones+1

elif [ $Roll = 2 ]
          then

let twos=twos+1

elif [ $Roll = 3 ]
          then

let threes=threes+1

elif [ $Roll = 4 ]
          then

let fours=fours+1

elif [ $Roll = 5 ]
          then

let fives=fives+1

elif [ $Roll = 6 ]
          then

let sixes=sixes+1

fi

let count=count+1

done

echo
echo The number of 1\'s is $ones
echo The number of 2\'s is $twos
echo The number of 3\'s is $threes
echo The number of 4\'s is $fours
echo The number of 5\'s is $fives
echo The number of 6\'s is $sixes

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

cleveland said:
I figured.  I try (on purpose) to stay ignorant of that kind of stuff - I was a Camp E my first 2 years of undergrad, and hated it (and who would have known - I got a degree in Psych, which is the opposite end of the spectrum IMO, and one in Ministry, again an opposite).  Staying away from all things programming has been a real blessing so far.
Ah! A deserter! Call the guards! Call the guards!  ;D

I plan on using my computer skills in the ministry and service of God. I can detail my plans if you are at all interested. :)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Hello,
Ah! A deserter! Call the guards! Call the guards!  ;D

I plan on using my computer skills in the ministry and service of God. I can detail my plans if you are at all interested. :)
While I may be out of the programming world, I am always up for hearing about how someone is planning on serving our Lord!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jakub said:
I'm searching for the perfect brew, chili, salsa and barbecue... 
Mmmmm.  Game food.

Jakub said:
Will the Steelers cover -16 spread ?
Probably not.  I don't see them losing to the fins, but covering the spread?  Eh, we'll see.  I think there are too many key players out (losing Polamalou on defense hurts them a bunch, plus he's the only Orthodox one).

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

cleveland said:
While I may be out of the programming world, I am always up for hearing about how someone is planning on serving our Lord!
My major is Computer Information Systems. My minor is in Music Theory. I am going to go into the business of Hymnal and Prayerbook creation and publication - I am planning on starting my own business after the first of the year.

My goal is to create a high quality musical typesetting engine (I am thinking of just splitting off from Lilypond) and maybe even a musical sequencer/synthesizer program.

I want to create the highest quality products of Gregorian Chant, Polyphony, and Sacred Hymns - classic, orthodox, traditional Catholic Sacred Music. Hey, if time permits, I may start trying to create quality musical products for Byzantine Chant - if there is a market or need for it.

But definitely there is a desperate need for it in the Latin Church. I hope to aid in the restoration of the beauty of the Church and the Liturgy.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

cleveland said:
Probably not.  I don't see them losing to the fins, but covering the spread?  Eh, we'll see.  I think there are too many key players out (losing Polamalou on defense hurts them a bunch, plus he's the only Orthodox one).
I've never understood the concept of spreads or covering them!  ???