Random Postings

Alpo

Merarches
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
9,878
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I hate office hours. Why an Earth I should work on specific times even if I'm feeling sleepy instead of just sleeping and working during during the evening and/or on weekend.
 

Agabus

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Volnutt said:
For some reason my YouTube recommends are getting a lot of alt-right types complaining about the new Thundercats cartoon. One of which calls it a "cartoon for a cucked up generation" *insert laugh track here*
My YouTube recommendations include a bunch of anti-Illuminati stuff even though I have never watched a conspiracy video (excepting the one time way back some now-banned OC.netter made a video about how OC.net is worldly and full of Masons or somesuch.) Maybe it's because of that weird part of the Venn diagram where 'Dox converts sometimes converge with InfoWars fans?
 

Jackson02

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 5, 2017
Messages
1,014
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United States
This 1977 space recording is downright creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkycNvrpjCs

What makes it worse is that it was recorded in one of the deepest, and emptiest parts of space.
 

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
8,567
Reaction score
21
Points
38
Age
23
Location
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Iconodule said:
I came across a guy from India with the first name "Stalin." I thought maybe this was an Indian name that just happened to sound like the Soviet dictator but, nope, turns out there are some regions in India (full of Naxalites, maybe?) where Stalin is well-regarded and it is not uncommon for boys to be named after him.
I heard of a man from the German-Brazilian community who named his son Adolf Hitler. He was too simple to be a Nazi, so it was probably just "well, I should probably give a famous German name from a relevant person, so why not that incisive guy with a funny moustache everyone talks about?"
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Agabus said:
Volnutt said:
For some reason my YouTube recommends are getting a lot of alt-right types complaining about the new Thundercats cartoon. One of which calls it a "cartoon for a cucked up generation" *insert laugh track here*
My YouTube recommendations include a bunch of anti-Illuminati stuff even though I have never watched a conspiracy video (excepting the one time way back some now-banned OC.netter made a video about how OC.net is worldly and full of Masons or somesuch.) Maybe it's because of that weird part of the Venn diagram where 'Dox converts sometimes converge with InfoWars fans?
Oh I think I remember the guy you're talking about lol.

I think YouTube's algorithms make weird connections sometimes based on the invisible tags that the uploader adds.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Alpo said:
I hate office hours. Why an Earth I should work on specific times even if I'm feeling sleepy instead of just sleeping and working during during the evening and/or on weekend.
I think the reasoning is that you'd be less likely to actually do it. Sort of like the homeschooler who keeps promising to "double up" on their work later so that they can goof off in the here and now... and then it never actually happens.

Of course, that traditional analysis never takes into account people gold bricking during office hours, so you might have a point.
 

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
5,580
Reaction score
24
Points
38
Age
37
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

You're welcome.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Thanks to the Gulf Stream, you can actually grow Cabbage Palms in Ireland https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/palm-trees-in-ireland-36548780/
 

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
16,485
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
38
Location
PA, USA
Volnutt said:
Thanks to the Gulf Stream, you can actually grow Cabbage Palms in Ireland https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/palm-trees-in-ireland-36548780/
Yeah if you go to some parts on the western coast you’ll see some subtropical species growing. Most famously there are fuchsia everywhere (originating in South America).
 

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Moderator
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 22, 2012
Messages
12,003
Reaction score
13
Points
38
Age
48
Location
Camulodunum
Agabus said:
Volnutt said:
For some reason my YouTube recommends are getting a lot of alt-right types complaining about the new Thundercats cartoon. One of which calls it a "cartoon for a cucked up generation" *insert laugh track here*
My YouTube recommendations include a bunch of anti-Illuminati stuff even though I have never watched a conspiracy video (excepting the one time way back some now-banned OC.netter made a video about how OC.net is worldly and full of Masons or somesuch.) Maybe it's because of that weird part of the Venn diagram where 'Dox converts sometimes converge with InfoWars fans?
*checks recommendation lists on both accounts*

A: Seven cute and adorable pet videos and a (pretty awesome) time-lapse of Nebula's makeup.
B: Star Wars, more cats, writing ambience sounds, Hamilton, Eurovision, JT Music (that's my son's influence right there).

I'm good, I reckon.
 

Agabus

Taxiarches
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
6,324
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Volnutt said:
Agabus said:
Volnutt said:
For some reason my YouTube recommends are getting a lot of alt-right types complaining about the new Thundercats cartoon. One of which calls it a "cartoon for a cucked up generation" *insert laugh track here*
My YouTube recommendations include a bunch of anti-Illuminati stuff even though I have never watched a conspiracy video (excepting the one time way back some now-banned OC.netter made a video about how OC.net is worldly and full of Masons or somesuch.) Maybe it's because of that weird part of the Venn diagram where 'Dox converts sometimes converge with InfoWars fans?
Oh I think I remember the guy you're talking about lol.

I think YouTube's algorithms make weird connections sometimes based on the invisible tags that the uploader adds.
Maybe, because most of my YouTube viewing is minimalist and/or mid-century modernist composers and old agitator/organizer anthems with only very occasionally an Orthodox video.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Agabus said:
Volnutt said:
Agabus said:
Volnutt said:
For some reason my YouTube recommends are getting a lot of alt-right types complaining about the new Thundercats cartoon. One of which calls it a "cartoon for a cucked up generation" *insert laugh track here*
My YouTube recommendations include a bunch of anti-Illuminati stuff even though I have never watched a conspiracy video (excepting the one time way back some now-banned OC.netter made a video about how OC.net is worldly and full of Masons or somesuch.) Maybe it's because of that weird part of the Venn diagram where 'Dox converts sometimes converge with InfoWars fans?
Oh I think I remember the guy you're talking about lol.

I think YouTube's algorithms make weird connections sometimes based on the invisible tags that the uploader adds.
Maybe, because most of my YouTube viewing is minimalist and/or mid-century modernist composers and old agitator/organizer anthems with only very occasionally an Orthodox video.
If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say YouTube say "activist" and thought "conspiracy theory." Also, maybe less views on your part in general means that that one video from years ago is still having a noticeable effect? I think deleting your browser history will get rid of it.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Iconodule said:
Volnutt said:
Thanks to the Gulf Stream, you can actually grow Cabbage Palms in Ireland https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/palm-trees-in-ireland-36548780/
Yeah if you go to some parts on the western coast you’ll see some subtropical species growing. Most famously there are fuchsia everywhere (originating in South America).
Oh, nice (hopefully they're not turning into invasive weeds).
 
Top