Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
How do you know that that 6677 is the genuine article? This one is also a 6677...

http://www.flexfit.com/adm_files/products/6677_big.jpg

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
serb1389 said:
LizaSymonenko said:
In honor of Post #6677...

That's the actual stock number for the hat.

http://www.blankapparel.com/Yupoong_6677.htm
Have you been waiting all this time to post that...please say yes...
Just for you...I'll say it.

YES

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
LizaSymonenko said:
serb1389 said:
LizaSymonenko said:
In honor of Post #6677...

That's the actual stock number for the hat.

http://www.blankapparel.com/Yupoong_6677.htm
Have you been waiting all this time to post that...please say yes...
Just for you...I'll say it.

YES
oooh man.  that just made my day.  lol.  thanks! 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I tried those "wing street wings" (BBQ) that Pizza Hut is advertising all over the television. Thought they were blah. Best wings in this area are from a place called Pizza Siena.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
scamandrius said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
My God, man, don't you have classes to teach?
They're probably e-classes nowadays. ;)
Oh, don't get me started. I've had to take several of those horrid things, and the amount of learning that takes place there is minimal. Usually the students are rather lazy, and the assignments are mostly busywork, since it's next to impossible to have a good discussion online (I had one class that did achieve it once, but never again). I don't want to teach one, ever.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I tried those "wing street wings" (BBQ) that Pizza Hut is advertising all over the television. Thought they were blah. Best wings in this area are from a place called Pizza Siena.
Good wings from a pizza place? Is anathema!

But I hear the best Buffalo wings (and yes, it should be capitalised) come from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Its unfortunate that we can't insert a random number generator on this thread and that the post didn't get numbers based on order but rather based on the generator.

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Ukiemeister said:

Try saying that ten times fast...
What on earth requires a name that long?
"Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu is the Māori name for a hill, 305 metres (1,000 ft) high, close to Porangahau, south of Waipukurau in southern Hawke's Bay, New Zealand. The name is often shortened to Taumata by the locals for ease of conversation. The New Zealand Geographic Placenames Database, maintained by Land Information New Zealand, records the name as "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu", a hill at 40.3480 S, 176.5321 E.[1] It has gained a measure of fame as it is the longest place-names in all English - speaking countries. It is featured in a Mountain Dew jingle and it is also in the 1979 single "Lone Ranger" by British band Quantum Jump. It is the subject of a 1960 song by the New Zealand balladeer Peter Cape[2], as well as Hardcore DJ's Darkraver and DJ Vince in the song 'Thunderground'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
Ukiemeister said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Ukiemeister said:

Try saying that ten times fast...
What on earth requires a name that long?
"Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu is the Māori name for a hill, 305 metres (1,000 ft) high, close to Porangahau, south of Waipukurau in southern Hawke's Bay, New Zealand. The name is often shortened to Taumata by the locals for ease of conversation. The New Zealand Geographic Placenames Database, maintained by Land Information New Zealand, records the name as "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu", a hill at 40.3480 S, 176.5321 E.[1] It has gained a measure of fame as it is the longest place-names in all English - speaking countries. It is featured in a Mountain Dew jingle and it is also in the 1979 single "Lone Ranger" by British band Quantum Jump. It is the subject of a 1960 song by the New Zealand balladeer Peter Cape[2], as well as Hardcore DJ's Darkraver and DJ Vince in the song 'Thunderground'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu
I was close. 

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
The Welsh are also known for their preposterously long place names.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Sometimes I sit here and ponder
How quickly I may slyly absconder
While my money I do launder
Booya

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
150 pages.  wow.  That's so impressive at 45/page.  Good job, all!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Well, the first two tags I see at the bottom are "waste of time" and "idle pleasures"...  ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
"There's nothing you can make that can't be made" ::)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm eating a no-bake/oatmeal cookie right now... mmmmmm...

Yes, I'm bored.

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I just can't seem to settle on an avatar!  It's annoying me as well, but I'm holding out for that "just right one."  ;D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Alveus Lacuna said:
I just can't seem to settle on an avatar!  It's annoying me as well, but I'm holding out for that "just right one."  ;D
Your current one is good.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
You're just now discovering a forty-year-old song?
Actually I only know about it now because they've been playing it on a commercial.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
You're just now discovering a forty-year-old song?
Actually I only know about it now because they've been playing it on a commercial.
I see. You really should pay more attention to the Beatles: they almost single-handedly lifted rock and roll from its roots in blues and teenage rebellion into an art form. However, "All You Need Is Love" is definitely not their best song.

I find it odd that this song would be used in a commercial, as it seems counterproductive to the BUY THIS NOW! message of most advertisements. Do you know what the advertisers were trying to sell?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
My Father gave me a Beatles CD when I was about 15. At the time I was listening to much heavier stuff and probably didn't give it much of a chance. Regarding the commercial, I don't recall the product, but I've seen the commercial a few times now and will probably see it again.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
In 1964, the Beatles were the heavier stuff. Really, you should give them a chance; three more tremendously talented people never played with John Lennon. ;D

As for the commercial, if you have seen it several times and still don't know what they're selling, the advertisers have failed. It seems too many of them focus on getting people to pay attention--but that's only the first step. An effective advertisement will also get people to remember the product and go buy it.

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
In 1964, the Beatles were the heavier stuff. Really, you should give them a chance; three more tremendously talented people never played with John Lennon. ;D

As for the commercial, if you have seen it several times and still don't know what they're selling, the advertisers have failed. It seems too many of them focus on getting people to pay attention--but that's only the first step. An effective advertisement will also get people to remember the product and go buy it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twu3pLVI9D8">Blackberry Commercial</a>