Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From the Bazaar,
to the Plentitude of the Faithful over the age of 21 in the US of A, and to all the faithful in the world abroad,
To the Holy Synod of Spirits, and its President, His Inebriatedness the Bishop of Bourbon and Supreme Pontiff,
To the reverened Distillery Metropolitans, Distribution Despotas, Pricing Presbyters, Imbibing Deacons,
Instructors and students at the Bartending Universities of the Holy Ecumenoi and the Patriarchate of All Fruit-Based Alchohols,

The Great Distiller is presented into the Tavern for our salvation!

I am pleased to announce, by universal assent of the voting members of the Holy Synod of Spirits, that the voting rights of membership in the Synod have been extended to +PEDRO and +FRjBJ.  From this time forward, they will be included in all deliberations of the Holy Synod, and their input and assent will be accepted for all Synodal Decisions.

In addition, the Synod will now commence deliberations to elect a locum tenens for the vacant see of Gin, as well as consider whether or not to elect a currently non-voting bishop to be the locum tenens of the see of Rum.

In the Joy of the Great Distiller, We remain faithfully yours,

+GEORGE
Metropolitan of Metaxa and All Brandy, Patriarch of All Fruit-Based Alchohols, Ecumenical Patriarch
Chief Secretariat

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, the Patriarchates of Rum and Gin are fully Autonomous; as two of the ancient 5 Patriarchates, they have full rights and priviledges equal to those of your own; but the locum tenens, while being able to administer their diocese and such as if they were the Archbishops in question, would not be the permanent choice for the see (at least not now), but rather hold the seat (locum tenens literally means "place holder") until a worthy candidate is elected to the see.

Pedro

Archon
Reaction score
Acepto humildemente, y les doy gracias, hermanos.
<passes around the Sauza in appreciation>

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats.  And thank you for the sharing in your bounty, +PEDRO.

Reaction score
It is with all humility that I accept this see of Stouts and all 40 oz Malt Liquors.  I pledge to uphold the Cannons, rules and regulations therein.  With the blessings of my beloved Patriarch and my fellow hierarchs of all spirits alcoholic in nature, I shall sally forth and evangelize with all due zeal my hierarchal beverages.

Sincerely,

your humble servant

+LTB

Bishop of Stouts and All 40 oz Malt Liquors, Rider of the 45 Colts, Bearer of the 10 Episcopal rings, and Keeper of the Ecumenical Bling!!

Pedro

Archon
Reaction score
SouthSerb99 said:
Now that is leadership.¦nbsp; ZIVELI!!
To His Intoxicatedness, +SOUTHSERB99, Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas,

Be it known, my brother within our beloved Metropolia of Metaxa, that your warm fraternal gesture was received with gratitude and great rejoicing, ending in, Your Eminence can be assured, much exaltation of the Holy Agave heart to the intoxication of all according to our most inebriated faith and, as a side result, mass quantities of salt and lime as well.

Given the blessed and shmammered spirit in which your exclamation was received, it is the hope of our Archdiocese that neither feelings nor relationships between our beloved archdioceses will be damaged through a reminder that that which was referred to as "leadership" by Your Eminence was, in reality, merely the Southern Hospitality with which our region of this great land--known 'round here as Dixie--has been blessed by the Great Distiller to enjoy and spread to the masses, mostly accompanied, as is our distinguished custom, with the traditional Tres Generaciones Añejo and sangrita chaser.

Seeking continued goodwill and co-imbibing I remain,

Yours in the Great Distiller,

His Intoxicatedness, +PEDRO, Archbishop of Tequila and All Agave-Based Beverages

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It warms my heart to see members of the local Synod of the Patriarchate of Brandy displying so well the spirit of the Great Distiller for all to see.  May we all find joy in His love.

+GEORGE
Metropolitan of Metaxa and All Brandy, Patriarch of All Fruit-Based Alchohols, Ecumenical Patriarch
Chief Secretariat

sdcheung

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lucifer the Black said:
It is with all humility that I accept this see of Stouts and all 40 oz Malt Liquors.  I pledge to uphold the Cannons, rules and regulations therein.  With the blessings of my beloved Patriarch and my fellow hierarchs of all spirits alcoholic in nature, I shall sally forth and evangelize with all due zeal my hierarchal beverages.

Sincerely,

your humble servant

+LTB

Bishop of Stouts and All 40 oz Malt Liquors, Rider of the 45 Colts, Bearer of the 10 Episcopal rings, and Keeper of the Ecumenical Bling!!

Imposter.
Vagante Bishop.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
sdcheung said:
Imposter.
Vagante Bishop.
These are serious charges!  What do you have to offer up as a reason for questioning the Bishop of Stouts' claims?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
These people with their proclamations of shame!  WHERE IS THE PROOF!  Lets bust out the shot glasses and DRINK to see who's right! 

(The preverbial Arian smackdown would be most appropriate at this juncture)
Let us be charitable in our inquiry, brother.  We will allow the accuser a fair opportunity to speak and present his charges, and if charges are presented we will allow him the chance to prove them.  Methinks they won't pan out, but let's see.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Like a batch of a fine vintage, like the Grand Fine, I will allow each barrel to sit for 15 years to age and gain character; if by that point the barrel has a quality batch, the batch will be kept and bottled for the Plentitude to consume.  If that batch is poor, though, then it and the barrel will be cast into the hottest of fires.

Such will be the fate of the charges against our brother bishop; if they have quality, then they will stand; if not, then they will be cast out like the chaff to be burned.

sdcheung

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
cleveland said:
These are serious charges!  What do you have to offer up as a reason for questioning the Bishop of Stouts' claims?
By His Post Count. which numbers "3". He is but a Baby

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, that is a serious charge indeed.  We will need to allow some debate amongst the Synod of Spirits to see what the other members think...

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you wanted to explain more your theory on subliminal drinking.... I would be interested in hearing it, and maybe reading some of the contemporary research on the subject.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ahhh... true brotherly love manifested in sharing the computer... there is no rush

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
As to the 3 post-count threads, what's the big deal.  So the person has only been on the site for a few days.  That doesn't mean they can't drink, or verify their drinking abilities. 

Subliminal drinking!  Hm...I wonder if any of the alcohol-ogists (psychologists of alcohol) would be able to explain this...

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
I wonder if the topic of subliminal drinking is like subliminal messaging.  You see a bunch of horses run accross the TV screen but you think "beer".  Or in our case, you see a sports game and you're automatically drinking...or something to that effect. 

I wonder how that would play out...

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I think Meekle was looking for the Alchohologists here to expound on the idea of subliminal drinking, and once we've decided on what it is, then to decide whether or not it's okay.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Subliminal drinking... Would it go something like this: man is sitting with beer in hand during game; he sees onscreen commercial that reminds him of being thirsty, and he realizes that his drink is in his belly...  of course, this would be more along the lines of "subliminal message to drink."

Subliminal drinking may be that someone else has the beer, and somehow gets the guy to drink it without noticing that he is... Along these lines, would it need to be embedded (as subliminal messages are) in an innocuous beverage?  Like a hidden layer in the bottom of a Coke cup, and at the top there is a thin layer of soda to mask the secret compartment?

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cleveland,

Subliminal drinking sounds warped and twisted to me, such as being influenced by the Evil One.

And, I can't help but notice that reply #666 in this thread was by you...discussing subliminal drinking, which trad folks like me suspect stems from the Evil One....

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey there, o brother of the Holy Synod - I am not advocating subliminal drinking, nor praising it; if you paid attention to my previous post (emphasis added):

cleveland said:
Well, I think Meekle was looking for the Alchohologists here to expound on the idea of subliminal drinking, and once we've decided on what it is, then to decide whether or not it's okay.
All I am doing is attempting to follow the first step of the process.  After coming up with a definition of what "subliminal drinking" is, then we should as a synod decide on its acceptability or un-acceptability.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
chris said:
And, I can't help but notice that reply #666 in this thread was by you...discussing subliminal drinking, which trad folks like me suspect stems from the Evil One.... 
See, when one looks at the thread with Metaxa goggles, that post was #999; thus, we do not have the same perspective on it, do we?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We will have a synodal discussion and decision on this in the next few days!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope that we shall - but I think some members of the synod have lost their fire, and others seem to be more content lobbing veiled attacks at other members rather than commenting on the subject matter...

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahem, o most sensitive one...here is my post:

chris said:
Cleveland,

Subliminal drinking sounds warped and twisted to me, such as being influenced by the Evil One.

I indicated you were discussing the topic, not advocating it. I did in fact pay attention to your previous post, and think the tone you adopted in your response shows a divisiveness that could perhaps have been fostered by the supernatural agent who may have (falsely) created something as twisted as 'subliminal drinking'.

Only something that fosters lies could come up with an activity that is like drinking, but is not actually drinking, very much like the repugnant beverage known as 'near beer'.

I suggest the synod meet to directly address this issue, as well as reaffirm our common position on alcohol-free or 'near' beer. This especially affects me, as it is a devastating falsehood against my thronal beverage.

+CHRIS
Still waiting for my phimi

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This actually gets to the crux of the question: is "subliminal drinking" actually drinking, or does it make one think that they're drinking, but really they aren't?  If it is the latter, then it obviously is evil and deserves anathema.  If it is the former, it calls into question whether or not we value the actual conscious act of imbibing, or whether the effect of imbibing is primary.  I am inclined to say the former.

We also need to dispense with all ideas of "near beer" - O'Douls and the like.  They are an affront to +CHRIS' thronal beverage, and to all true brewers.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
cleveland said:
This actually gets to the crux of the question: is "subliminal drinking" actually drinking, or does it make one think that they're drinking, but really they aren't? 
There is no substitute for ACTUAL drinking.  The hypostasis of inubrietness is only contrived through actual synkatabasis of the alcohol itself, which comes forth from the Great Distiller.  I say in accordance with this theological understanding, THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE and that "subliminal drinking" should be declared ANATHEMA!!

In humble service to the Great Distiller,
+SERB1389 Archbishop of Ouzo, Patriarch of All Similar Clear-Alcohols 

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I find the longevity of this thread amazing.  Little did I know when I started it....
;D ;) :D

Ebor

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebor said:
I find the longevity of this thread amazing.  Little did I know when I started it....
... that it would become the longest thread in OC.net history?  ... that it would continue to have no real point?  ... that it would speak so highly about the alchoholic beverages?  ... ad nauseam?

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
This actually gets to the crux of the question: is "subliminal drinking" actually drinking, or does it make one think that they're drinking, but really they aren't?  If it is the latter, then it obviously is evil and deserves anathema.  If it is the former, it calls into question whether or not we value the actual conscious act of imbibing, or whether the effect of imbibing is primary.  I am inclined to say the former.
Perhaps more to the point, can I get the same effects from this so-called 'subliminal drinking' as I can from real drinking? If so, how are the hangovers? If not, I declae with the synod, ANATHEMA!

We also need to dispense with all ideas of "near beer" - O'Douls and the like.  They are an affront to +CHRIS' thronal beverage, and to all true brewers.
There can be no doubt that fake beer is Anathema, and the consumers of which will be cast by the Great Distiller into the pit of everlasting sobriety along with the drinkers of water and other non-alcoholic drinks.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
greekischristian said:
Perhaps more to the point, can I get the same effects from this so-called 'subliminal drinking' as I can from real drinking? If so, how are the hangovers? If not, I declae with the synod, ANATHEMA!   
Here is what I was wondering; let's say, for a moment, that subliminal drinking is an act that somehow, unbeknownst to the recipient, puts alchohol into them.  If this is the case, then a) they will not be able to taste it initially, since that would break the whole "subliminal" part, and b) they would get all the effects - buzz, hangover - as normal, because by then the alchohol is in the system.  If this is what subliminal drinking truly is, then the problems lie in the fact that one does not taste what they are drinking, and one does not experience the "drinking act."

If, say, one were able to taste what is being fed to them by subliminal drinking, I would still make a point that the fact that they are not actively taking part in the drinking process - the camaraderie, the act of raising the glass, controlling the flow, etc - is problematic, and lends itself to making this an act that does not promote the core values which we hold so dear: "With liberty and fraternity for all.  Amen." as Animal House so well puts it.  It eliminates the fraternity of the drinking acts, which begins to destroy the very fibers of our way of life.