Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, me hopes that your celebration is one that truly lives up to the spirit of what we're trying to accomplish in the Synod of Spirits.

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
This handmaiden of the Great Distiller will work up her tolerance level so she can hang with the Synod of Spirits.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Be it as He wills!  The Synod of Spirits would be glad to have members of the great and holy OC.net community come and hang!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm in Cleveland only for another 3 or 4 days... then back to Boston (but I will be in Y'town this coming Sunday - at St. John's - before departing for the great chasm and pit that is Massachussets).

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
I always wanted to live in Massachussets, too, haha.  I always get lost going to St. John's, but no matter - give me a call and we'll get some food or something :)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, the custom title needs to reflect not only our lofty status as Metropolitan of Metaxa, but also needs to reach out to the Greek-speakers in our midst who would be under the direct jurisdiction of the Metropolis of Metaxa (it being a Greek liquor).

And I'll get a hold of you probably while I'm in C-bus visiting sis for her birthday...

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
Of course.  Can't neglect the original imbibers!  What would that say?

Sounds good; tell her I said happy birthday (I probably will anyway).

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Protocol 217660.03
Indiction 21
Encyclical Letter 2104: On the semi-monthly remembrance of the semi-annual remembrance of the annual memorial of one of the Earliest Imbibing Communities, and Thronal Feastday.

From the Bazaar,
to the Plentitude of the Faithful over the age of 21 in the US of A, and to all the faithful in the world abroad,
To the reverened Distillery Metropolitans, Distribution Despotas, Pricing Presbyters, Imbibing Deacons,
Instructors and students at the Bartending Universities,

The Great Distiller is revealed to us!

It is with great joy and in the blessings of the Great Distiller that we greet you on this wonderful remembrance.  It is always our pleasure to write to you, the plentitude, on the great semi-monthly (10th and 25th of each month) remembrance of the semi-annual (25th of March, 25th of September) remembrance of the Feastday of one of the Earliest Imbibing Communities, the Ancient Greeks (March 25th), our patronal and Thronal Feastday.  And it has been one of the great challenges that we have relished, to bring you a fresh, inspiring, and edifying message on the 24 days per year that we remember our Thronal Feast.

[bible]Genesis 44:3-5[/bible]

In one of the great events in Biblical history, Joseph uses his drinking cup, the cup used for imbibing at his dinner table, as the tool and means for reuniting himself with his brothers who sold him into slavery.  In the sliding of his cup into the sack of his brother, he forced the brothers to return to him, and at that meeting he revealed himself to them, completing their joy with the promise of shelter and food to be found under his power in the land of Egypt.

This is the hope we have on this day, the semi-monthly commemoration of the semi-annual remembrance of the Thronal Feast, that we use our cups for the restoration of brotherhood, and the furthering of our Love in the Great Distiller.  These are our cups of imbibing, our cups of celebration, our cups of partaking of the precious aged-wine that is the wonderful Metaxa, holiest of the drinks of our Throne.  These cups are given to us to hold within our hands as symbols of the communion and fellowship that the cup, and the drink, can provide.  Through a cup, the Apprentices partook of the wine changed-into blood of our Great Distiller.  Through a cup, the Apprentices shared their community with their apprentices throughout the ages.  And it is through this cup, and through the sacred nectar which we drink from it, that we can further our union with one another in the One Who changed water into wine.

May He Who was born of The Virgin, and who performed His first miracle with the creation of Alchohol from the ultimate of sobriety, be with us in our celebration!  In His service we remain faithfully yours,

+ GEORGE
Metropolitan of Metaxa and all Brandy,
Cheif Secretariat of the Holy Synod of Spirits

MGB/gsc

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
If someone stumbles upon this and takes it seriously, then goes and starts a drinking cult - I blame you.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If someone stumbles upon this and takes it seriously, then they need to get a reality check, or an IQ test, or a life...

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
Hahaha...then what does that say about the people who MADE IT UP?

Besides, you never know what people think about Orthodoxy.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Protocol 217660.06
Indiction 21

From the Bazaar,
to the Plentitude of the Faithful over the age of 21 in the US of A, and to all the faithful in the world abroad,
To the reverened Distillery Metropolitans, Distribution Despotas, Pricing Presbyters, Imbibing Deacons,
Instructors and students at the Bartending Universities,

The Great Distiller is revealed to us!

It has come to our venerable attention that there is the possibility that one may take the various encyclicals, protocols, and correspondences from the members of the Holy Synod of Spirits (and the former Archbishop of Stolichnaya) and misconstrue them, twist them, and/or form a cult from them.  While we understand the possibility of taking any statement made by reasonable human beings and twisting it out of context, we feel that it is necessary to make sure that our words are not taken so.

The correspondences, encyclicals, protocols, and decisions of the members of the Holy Synod of Spirits are only to be taken, disseminated, and understood within the context of the Holy Church which we represent.  Any attempts to take our teachings, guidance, or declarations and use them to form an ecclesiastical body outside of the canonical Church will be met with Anathema for causing schism.  For there is one communion of the Alchohol, which is represented and signified in the communion of her hierarchs.  May all those who wish to form competing or parallel ecclesiastical bodies be banished to the pits of sobriety.

May He Who was born of The Virgin, and who performed His first miracle with the creation of Alchohol from the ultimate of sobriety, be with us in our celebration!  In His service we remain faithfully yours,

+ GEORGE
Metropolitan of Metaxa and all Brandy,
Cheif Secretariat of the Holy Synod of Spirits

MGB/gsc

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ahhh - the initials at the bottom of letters such as those represent the one who authorized/signed the letter (i.e the person that it's from) and the person who typed/wrote the letter (secretary/assistant)...

So in this case, MGB = Metropolitan + GEORGE of Brandy, and gsc = my initials.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For example, in the Metropolis of Pittsburgh, often times letters will have MMP/drg at the bottom, for Metropolitan + MAXIMOS of Pittsburgh and Deacon Ryan Gzikowski.

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
Actually, nor did I know the significance of the two sets of initials.  Thanks! :D