Random Postings

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
The purple frog of black light swap was in the field one day. When the black fly of purple cove came buzzing around purple frog stuck his black tongue out and swallowed black fly, purple wings and all.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Had some kosher Coca-Cola the other day. It was o.k. as far as pop goes (it was the first soft drink I had had in over a year - I'm not a pop drinker). It was a little sweeter than regular Coke - it used sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. That was the only difference in ingredients I noticed. And it made me wonder:

What's not kosher about high fructose corn syrup?

James

Archon
Reaction score
Flash backs, black lights, purple haze & chevolet, the strip and hollywood blvd, met john & edgar winters, they only come out at night...

I am the Lizard King, I can do anything...

Whoa...excuse me, relaxing + a little too much B & B tonite

Good night and God bless

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Had some kosher Coca-Cola the other day. It was o.k. as far as pop goes (it was the first soft drink I had had in over a year - I'm not a pop drinker). It was a little sweeter than regular Coke - it used sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. That was the only difference in ingredients I noticed. And it made me wonder:

What's not kosher about high fructose corn syrup?
I think that it's the *Kosher for Passover* which is on a different level then everyday Kosher.  The syrup is from corn, a grain and grains can have levening.  During the days of Passover, from what I understand, there can be absolutely NO levening or levened products in the house.  Only things like Matzo for a bread/cracker and matzo meal/potato starch/almonds etc for baking/cooking. 

I'm dating myself, but I remember when sugar sweetened Coca-Cola was what there was.  Then they had "New Coke" and it tasted different.  And the sugar only/K for Passover is the taste of the drink in my youth in the West.

Ebor

EofK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
The sugar-sweetened soda tastes waaaaay better than the corn syrup-sweetened.  Ever had a Jones soda?  Yum.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Soda is the disgusting carbonated water that you get from an alternate switch on the fountain Pop machine.

Pop.

EofK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Soda vs. Pop is almost a county by county dialect in Missouri.  My hometown is on the south central part of the state where it's soda.  Here in southwestern part, it's pop and it better be pop or no one knows what you're talking about.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
9,870 people who forgot about this song,
9,870 people,
But since you're reading this post right now, there are
9,869 people who forgot about this song.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
9,869 people who wonder when will this song be over,
9,869 people,
But since I can see what number we are on,
9,868 people who wonder when will this song be over.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
This would be the place for an *ICK* or EWWWWW  emoticon if we had one....

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
I don't drink pop that much (maybe one per year, maybe) - but I don't find it disgusting.

Not the drink.. the acne

;D

Good one, Ian