Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad you
(a) enjoy OrthodoxChristianity.net so much,
(b) like the "random postings" thread so much,
(c) gladly claim to be from Youngstown!

(I've got grandparents in Boardman, and I visit the area once or twice per week.)

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

cleveland said:
I'm glad you
(a) enjoy OrthodoxChristianity.net so much,
(b) like the "random postings" thread so much,
(c) gladly claim to be from Youngstown!

(I've got grandparents in Boardman, and I visit the area once or twice per week.)
Yup, I'm from Boardman. What Church do your grandparents attend (if any)?

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Right now, i'm dinking ice water, and about to kill a strange insect with a rubberband with a paper clip attatched to the end.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Athanasios said:
Hello,

Yup, I'm from Boardman. What Church do your grandparents attend (if any)?
They switch between St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Church in Boardman on Glenwood, and Archangel Michael in Cambell.  But they live close to the intersection of Shields and Glenwood.

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
cleveland said:
They switch between St. John the Forerunner Greek Orthodox Church in Boardman on Glenwood, and Archangel Michael in Cambell.  But they live close to the intersection of Shields and Glenwood.
What a small world it is! So do I! I'm about a block from Saint John's on Shields!!!

lubeltri

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
A warm shoutout to my parish! I was to meet a friend for dinner tonight at a Thai restaurant. While I was waiting outside, he texted me saying that he was going to be about 20 minutes late. My church happens to be across the street from the Thai place, so I thought I would drop in there for some quiet prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.

Well, lo and behold, I stumbled upon Compline and Benediction in progress---and chanted in Latin! I had forgotten that this goes on at 8:45pm every night at St. Clement's. They also do the Rosary and Vespers at 5pm every day, among much else.

St. Clement's is no SSPX parish or some traditionalist ghetto. It's an ordinary church in the middle of the city made up mostly of twenty- and thirty-somethings and college students. It is a joy to be simply and gloriously Catholic there!

So many thanks to God and to St. Clement's!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
DUDE!  That's messed up man...lol. 
No it's not... You're a bears fan, and it's the only way to roll in public (and you know it).

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I rather thoughit was more of the game from the point of view of what was going on in the stands. ;D