Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Athanasios said:
And now we need one less!
Okay.  My suggestion is to strike up a conversation that is (a) substantive, and (b) easy to respond to rapidly yet fully.  No more one-word bonanzas.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
We deserved to lose, but it doesn't make it any easier.  What is amazing is that they had an outside chance to win the game despite their mistakes.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Who do you follow (if you do at all)?  I know Youngstown is in-between territory.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
I had to endure one of my grandfather's rants the other day about how it is a crime that Y-town cable doesn't carry all the Steelers sames when they all know that the town's demographics would support it.
 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
1,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
^

Better than the Texas Did.

Hey, Didn't the brown become the Baltimore Ravens a while back?
 

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Diocese of Youngstown
I myself am a Pittsburgh fan (I duck as you throw cosmic rays my way :p). Half of my family are Browns fans. And I am really interested right now to make sure that Pittsburgh beats them out of the top spot in the division.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Ian Lazarus said:
^

Better than the Texas Did.

Hey, Didn't the brown become the Baltimore Ravens a while back?
That's a quick way to get in a fight in Cleveland... Don't bring that up.  Art Modell is still enemy #1.
 

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Diocese of Youngstown
cleveland said:
I had to endure one of my grandfather's rants the other day about how it is a crime that Y-town cable doesn't carry all the Steelers sames when they all know that the town's demographics would support it.
Yeah, I don't like that either! They should carry those games.

But, I was really irked when I couldn't watch the YSU/OSU game!
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Athanasios said:
I myself am a Pittsburgh fan (I duck as you throw cosmic rays my way :p). Half of my family are Browns fans. And I am really interested right now to make sure that Pittsburgh beats them out of the top spot in the division. 
Done deal - Pit won and Cle lost.  So even if Pit loses next week and Cle wins, we finished tied in W/L record, but you hold the tiebreaker.
 

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Diocese of Youngstown
So they lost! Great, that means that at worst, Pittsburgh and Cleveland will tie in the division - and most likely Pittsburgh will win the division.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Athanasios said:
But, I was really irked when I couldn't watch the YSU/OSU game!
That really steams me.  But I think that was all about the Big Ten network thing - the league wants the network to be on the "Basic" cable package, and the Cable company wants to charge extra.
 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
1,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Okay, Who is Art Model?  I'm a Texan, and Have issues with Les Alexander (Rocket's owner) because he can't put together a stable team.  Is it the same thing?
 

Athanasios

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
1,800
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Diocese of Youngstown
cleveland said:
That really steams me.  But I think that was all about the Big Ten network thing - the league wants the network to be on the "Basic" cable package, and the Cable company wants to charge extra.
Yeah, it was all about the money. The cable company I am on (Youngstown is about half-and-half on the two big cable companies - the north is on one system (Time-Warner), the south (me) is on another (Armstrong)). Armstrong refuses to pay the fees, which requires paying and carrying every game (a substantial chunk of change).
 
Top