Random Postings

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
I feel like there is a lack of respect for people in the world. Common courtesy and politeness have gone out the window.
I'd say that someone who brags about eating a burrito has no room to complain about lack of common courtesy. :p
You interpreted it as bragging. I was just making a random comment.
Bragging vs. random comment isn't the point.  Eating a burrito vs. common courtesy IS. ;)

Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
I feel like there is a lack of respect for people in the world. Common courtesy and politeness have gone out the window.
I'd say that someone who brags about eating a burrito has no room to complain about lack of common courtesy. :p
Bragging vs. random comment isn't the point.  Eating a burrito vs. common courtesy IS. ;)
How is stating that I ate a burrito in violation of common courtesy?  ???

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Papist said:
Hey, I ate a burrito once too... I was delicious.

What is everyone's favorite kind of Burrito?
Round.

Just kidding. I don't like burritos, so... anyway... mmm, tacos...

Reaction score
Papist said:
Hey, I ate a burrito once too... I was delicious.

What is everyone's favorite kind of Burrito?
You ate yourself? Interesting. ;)

I like Chipotlé, but Baja Fresh is a close second.

Reaction score
Vzldrb said:
Papist said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
Well, there is real danger in occult material, even if it's "just" phantasy. I agree that some of this seems over the top, but having myself been delivered from a very dark cloud that started as innocent enough "fun", I would say that we shouldn't all just laugh ourselves into oblivious over this tract. There are elements of truth present inside of it.
Hey I play D and D and trust me, I have no desire to become a wizard or level 12 paladin in real life. LOL
lol... seriously! and the ones that do end up looking like this:
Hey Thanks!
I know what I'm wearing to school tomorrow!

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Stating that you ate a burrito is not a violation of common courtesy.  Eating the burrito is a violation of common courtesy.

You know that little ditty:  "Beans, beans, the musical fruit..." ;)

Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
PeterTheAleut said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
Stating that you ate a burrito is not a violation of common courtesy.  Eating the burrito is a violation of common courtesy.

You know that little ditty:  "Beans, beans, the musical fruit..." ;)
Pshaw! I was raised on a diet of cabbage, cabbage, and um, more cabbage.

Beans ain't nuttin'! lol  :laugh:

Vzldrb

Elder
Reaction score
Lauren_Elisse said:
Vzldrb said:
Papist said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
Well, there is real danger in occult material, even if it's "just" phantasy. I agree that some of this seems over the top, but having myself been delivered from a very dark cloud that started as innocent enough "fun", I would say that we shouldn't all just laugh ourselves into oblivious over this tract. There are elements of truth present inside of it.
Hey I play D and D and trust me, I have no desire to become a wizard or level 12 paladin in real life. LOL
lol... seriously! and the ones that do end up looking like this:
Hey Thanks!
I know what I'm wearing to school tomorrow!
AWESOME... lol

Does it include the fake beard?
Pics or it didn't happen!

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I have survived my dyad class-on-steroids and the final exam.  Now it's just waiting for the grades to be posted and they have to be up by next Tuesday. 

A great class it was, very stimulating but I'm tired now that it's over.

Whew.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ebor said:
I have survived my dyad class-on-steroids and the final exam.  Now it's just waiting for the grades to be posted and they have to be up by next Tuesday. 

A great class it was, very stimulating but I'm tired now that it's over.

Whew.
Hope you did well! :) I managed to get all A's for the Spring semester, so I was happy. Summer classes start in 3 days though. Ugh.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Alveus Lacuna said:
Come on, Alveus, you live in Merkah. We don't spell words with ph's here. We use good ole Merkan letters like f to spell Merkan words like fantasy and filosofy.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Alveus Lacuna said:
Well, there is real danger in occult material, even if it's "just" phantasy.
Despite rumours that circulated in the news and among teachers and parents, there is no occult material in D&D. There is imaginary magic and sorcery, but it never goes anywhere beyond saying "I'm going to cast Magic Missile at those goblins" or "my wizard will cast a healing spell" and then maybe you roll a die. No rituals, no incantations. The notion that these games were teaching kids to actually cast spells, worship demons, etc., was just paranoia and hysteria- for some reason in the late 80's-early 90's all the adults around me seemed really worried about Satanism popping up everywhere. One teacher at my middle school even forbade students from reading The Hobbit due to alleged Satanism.

FormerReformer

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
Iconodule said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
Despite rumours that circulated in the news and among teachers and parents, there is no occult material in D&D. There is imaginary magic and sorcery, but it never goes anywhere beyond saying "I'm going to cast Magic Missile at those goblins" or "my wizard will cast a healing spell" and then maybe you roll a die. No rituals, no incantations. The notion that these games were teaching kids to actually cast spells, worship demons, etc., was just paranoia and hysteria- for some reason in the late 80's-early 90's all the adults around me seemed really worried about Satanism popping up everywhere. One teacher at my middle school even forbade students from reading The Hobbit due to alleged Satanism.
Wizards casting healing spells?  Is blasphemy!  Healing spells are cast by clerics (and to a lesser extent by paladins), which is the only reason for a player ever to play that particular class.

Unless this is some sort of 3rd edition thing, of which I know next to nothing.

Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
With the 20th anniversary of the Hubble Space Telescope come and gone, I thought some might enjoy this little video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJmADQkhUeo
I LOVE HUBBLE!!

Love the man, love the telescope!!

Yay for Hubble!!!!

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
FormerReformer said:
Iconodule said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
Wizards casting healing spells?  Is blasphemy!  Healing spells are cast by clerics (and to a lesser extent by paladins), which is the only reason for a player ever to play that particular class.

Unless this is some sort of 3rd edition thing, of which I know next to nothing.
Its in fourth edition now...

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
The seniors at the high school in which I teach chose Journey's "Don't Stop Believin' " for their class song. Guess what I have stuck in my head...
"She's just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight traing going anywhere."

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Whew!  The grades are finally up for the dyad class and I got As in both "International Relations" and "History of the 20th Century". 

Now I need to arrange to get my Poli Sci paper on National Neutrality and whether it is respected or not from the professor to see if she has any advice on improving my work. 

Ebor

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ebor said:
Whew!  The grades are finally up for the dyad class and I got As in both "International Relations" and "History of the 20th Century". 

Now I need to arrange to get my Poli Sci paper on National Neutrality and whether it is respected or not from the professor to see if she has any advice on improving my work. 

Ebor
Isn't it kinda cheating taking 'History of the 20th Century' when you lived through the entire second half of it? ;)

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
:D ;D

Not the entire second half. I was only born in 1956 (as my birthday tomorrow will show) and for the first few years I wasn't paying lots of attention to what was happening in the world. 

I, in fact, did ask the History professor if my age was giving me an advantage as she said that it didn't.  Besides there was all of the 20th century before I was born and that the international relations brought out the roots in earlier centuries such as the Treaty of Westphalia, the Congress of Vienna and the first of the Hague Convetion in 1899.

Ebor

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
With the 20th anniversary of the Hubble Space Telescope come and gone, I thought some might enjoy this little video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJmADQkhUeo
Thanks for the link, Nebel.  Hubble and its work is wonderful indeed.

Reaction score
When my little sister was in kindergarten, she got a solo for our school Christmas concert, she got Rudolph.
Her part was "Rudolph with your nose so bright, wont you guide my sleigh tonight?"
BUT
it came out as
"Rudolph with your nose so bright, wont you be my SLAVE tonight."

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lauren_Elisse said:
When my little sister was in kindergarten, she got a solo for our school Christmas concert, she got Rudolph.
Her part was "Rudolph with your nose so bright, wont you guide my sleigh tonight?"
BUT
it came out as
"Rudolph with your nose so bright, wont you be my SLAVE tonight."
LMAO...nice...