Random Postings

Ntinos

Elder
Reaction score
Cleveland Metropolitan of Metaxa and All Brandy, Overstepper of all bounds - Μητροπολίτης Μεταξάς και Όλων Μπραντών
Hehehehe, perhaps Μητροπολίτης Ιεράς ÃŽÂ όλεως Μεταξά και πασών Μπραντών;;  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
The HC bandits, LOL.  I had a mental image of a bunch of priests with Zorro masks holding crosses...that's kinda messed up.

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
But none shall be superior to those propogated by the Committees of the Holy Synod of Spirits - I think the Supreme Pontiff should comment on this and some of the other recent developments here-  including the supreme threat posed by bears.
Behold the number one furry menace. 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes, the HC Bandits...

"One for each other
and all for one
The three brave amigos are we"

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Zoe said:
Is consorting with bears un-Alcoholic?
Bears are notorious for being the ultimate omnivores.  I'm sure any self-respecting black bear would be delighted to guzzle any rye, bourbon, scotch, wine, beer etc. left in its path.  So no.  Consorting with bears does not have to be un-alcoholic. Iif a bear were let loose in a beer factory, the situation could involve an explosive amount of alcohol consumption, so beware the threat.  ;)

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
So sounds to me like bears would make a good drinking buddy, why all the hatred???!!!

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the answer to this, you have to be willing to delve into the recent  deepest, darkest thread involving "Orthodox fundamentalism".  (Near the end.) AND you have to appreciate Cleveland's sense of humour.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Protocol 217662.02
Indiction 21

From the Bazaar,
to the Plentitude of the Faithful over the age of 21 in the US of A, and to all the faithful in the world abroad,
To the reverened Distillery Metropolitans, Distribution Despotas, Pricing Presbyters, Imbibing Deacons,
Instructors and students at the Bartending Universities,

The Great Distiller is revealed to us!

Zoe said:
Is consorting with bears un-Alcoholic? 
After having been posed this question by one of the faithful here in the United States (who by terrible circumstance and through the puritanical tyrrany of our system of Government is deprived of the ability to obtain and consume Alchohol in public places), the members of the Great and Holy Synod of Spirits posed this question to the resident expert on the canonical issues dealing with Ursal Creatures, otherwise known as bears.  It is commonly known the great threat that bears can pose to society, and the nation has acknowledged this fact by officially recognizing that bears are the #1 terror threat to the world.  Because of the sensitive nature of relationships between human beings and bears, the Synod has amongst its members one who has devoted much of his time and energy and study to the subject of bears and the canonical relations with them.

Since the subject matter is of the utmost sensitivity and security (national security, of course), the Executive Committee of the Synod met with the Chair of the Committee, and he made it clear to our persons that. indeed, consorting with bears is alright, and I quote from his official recommendation to the Synod:

[quote author="Synodal Chairman of Canonical Issues Involving Bears - His All-Imbibedness the Metropolitan of Mead and all Beers"]
There is nothing un-Alcoholic with bear consorting activities.[/quote]

The Synod will now take this official and public recommendation, and the Chairman of the Synod will render a decision on the matter as soon as possible.

May He Who was born of The Virgin, and who performed His first miracle with the creation of Alchohol from the ultimate of sobriety, be with us in our celebration!  In His service we remain faithfully yours,

+ GEORGE
Metropolitan of Metaxa and all Brandy,
Cheif Secretariat of the Holy Synod of Spirits

MGB/gsc

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ADDENDUM TO Protocol 217662.02

It is with our apologies that the official response of the Synodal Chair has been delayed, and we hope that the plentitude will have mercy on us and all bears who wish to co-imbibe peacefully with humans.

+GEORGE
Metropolitan of Metaxa and all Brandy, Overstepper of all bounds
Chief Secretariat of the Holy Synod of Spirits

MGB

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
So am I meant to understand that consorting with bears, though not un-Alcoholic in nature, is much like playing with fire?  Containable, yet easy to lose control over?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And once you've lost control of the bears, then a great terror threat has been loosed upon the world.

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
Pshh..fancy shmancy Mr. marquee.

The Browns cannot afford such frivolties..not that we'd want something like that, anyway!  *quiet sob*

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
I've got so much time on my hands until school starts up I'm quit sure I'm about to collapse under its weight.

So.  Bears.