Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
If you order something like bookends, and are overjoyed when they arrive, you just might be a geek.  :D  ;D

tuesdayschild

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
If you order something like bookends, and are overjoyed when they arrive, you just might be a geek.  :D  ;D

I need those. Where can I order them?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
tuesdayschild said:
I need those. Where can I order them?
I got mine from the Amazon.com seller Office Quarters, who are selling them for $1.34 (see here, and scroll down a bit). Shipping is $5.73, so you can get them for about $7 total from that seller. Of you might be able to get a pair at Office Depot or a similar store for the same price (for example your local store might have this one or a similarly priced version).

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Methinks Papist's avatar is super cool and should be awarded because of it. Maybe he could be declared as the "Pontifex Maximus of the OC.net" by Holy Synod of Moderators or something.

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Methinks Papist's avatar is super cool and should be awarded because of it. Maybe he could be declared as the "Pontifex Maximus of the OC.net" by Holy Synod of Moderators or something.
Why? Has he built some impressive bridges lately? ;)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
GiC said:
Alpo said:
Why? Has he built some impressive bridges lately? ;)
Well, considering the facts that he seems not so enthusiastic with RC-EO ecumenism and that Tertullian is using that title in ironic way, yes. :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm having car problems and I didn't want to risk my car breaking down tonight, but I had a bit of a problem... I'm almost out of soda. That's like a near death experience for me or something! So I did what any sane person would do: I ordered some food to be delivered. The minimum order the place required is only $6, so I thought about just ordering three 2 liters of soda, which would have covered the requirement. I just couldn't do it, though... how do you call an Italian restaurant and ask them to deliver three bottles of pop to you? :D I was wondering "what the hell's wrong with me?" just thinking about it.  8) They probably would have thought I was just too lazy to go to the store or something. Anyway, so they got some extra money out of me for some grub. Though I don't mind, they make good food.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
My dog was very sick today. She is now doing better, though. Whew.  :)

Also, I've had an interview scheduled for every day this week (except Monday). Huzzah!  ;D

theistgal

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ian Lazarus said:
Why do they sell deoderant. body spray, and shampoo in pairs, but not toothbruses or packs of pork chops?
I had to re-answer this, because the other day some of us took our parish priest out to breakfast, and he made a big point of asking the waiter to verify that the menu item "pork chops and eggs" was indeed "CHOPS" (plural) and not "CHOP" (singular) - because he really wanted those TWO chops!  :laugh:

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Well, Lubeltri was kind enough to post the pic here at oc.net.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see a tag below that says, "I like soup". On that note, I had some vegetarian chili for lunch today. I'm not liking it so much now. :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
I see a tag below that says, "I like soup". On that note, I had some vegetarian chili for lunch today. I'm not liking it so much now. :p

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's nothing like walking through an intersection during a rain storm only to find the drainage grate on the other end of the crosswalk backed up and overflowing. :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
There's nothing like walking through an intersection during a rain storm only to find the drainage grate on the other end of the crosswalk backed up and overflowing. :p
I don't... um... . . nevermind...  :D

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
It's a norm in Poland.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
PeterTheAleut said:
It's a norm in Poland.
And also in Portland.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I was looking through some of my things, and I found a nice CD of Romanian chant that I thought I'd lost. Hooray!  :angel: Nice for this time of year.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
2 last hours of being a teenager. I'm getting old and am frustrated because of it.
Happy birthday, and welcome to the beginning of the end of enjoyment in your life  :p ;D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Michał Kalina said:
2 last hours of being a teenager. I'm getting old and am frustrated because of it.
Happy birthday, and welcome to the beginning of the end of enjoyment in your life  :p ;D
Punching your curmudgeon card early, I see ;)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Happy birthday indeed!  Many happy and blessed returns of the day.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Michał Kalina said:
Many years! You should be happy. Life is chaning generally better when one turns into her/his 20s.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
A happy birthday to you, Michał Kalina.

Yesterday was my baby brother's 50th. He told me he wasn't looking forward to it at all. I had no problem with that event eight years ago. I was able to triumphantly announce, "There! I've completed my first half century!".

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Alveus Lacuna said:
Papist said:
Enjoy your twenties. They go by so fast.
Mine have felt pretty long when I think about all I have done and how are God has brought me.
Hmmm. Maybe I have not accomplished as much as I should have during my twenties. I turn 30 next April.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Papist said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
Papist said:
Enjoy your twenties. They go by so fast.
Mine have felt pretty long when I think about all I have done and how are God has brought me.
Hmmm. Maybe I have not accomplished as much as I should have during my twenties. I turn 30 next April.
"Never trust anyone over 30." - Colonel George Taylor (Charlton Heston)

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I got a job! I start next week.  ;D  I have been out of work for almost a year, so this certainly is a relief.

Thank you, Lord.

:-*

:angel:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
biro said:
I got a job! I start next week.   ;D  I have been out of work for almost a year, so this certainly is a relief.
Congrats  ;D

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score

"According to eastern horoscope, the coming 2011 will be the Year of the White Rabbit. By astrologic forecasts, it will bring comfort, warmth and hospitality. It might be more complicated for those born in the Rooster Year and in the Rabbit Year," Lobsang Gyatso, a monk in the Golden Abode, told Interfax.
http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=mosaic&div=350