Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
AXE products... i has neverz feel mi brainz sells dye so quicklike as like wen i watch those ad-vertise-ments, ya no?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm watching "Sgt. Frog." It's a Japanese series in which cute little frog-like aliens try to take over the Earth.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I was looking at the stats for the site, and I saw that  we might break two records this month: most new members in a month, and most new posts in a month.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
When I was delivering my papers this morning, I realized that I deliver from one Almighty to the Other.

The southern boundary of my territory is Evan Street, and the northern is Bruce Street  ;D!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
We are certainly within reach of 500,000 posts for the forum; this could easily be attained by/before New Year's.

(I wonder what this reminds me of... Hmmm I think it was a December post, somewhere... ;) )

Ebor said:
I just idly noticed that the post counter has over 99,000 on it. 

Anyone want to start quessing when we'll turn it over to 100,000?  :D Before New's Years, I'm reckoning.

Ebor
(Addendum: This thread isn't too far from 9,000 posts - or 10,000, for that matter.)
Update: we're on pace to clear 500,000 posts before Dec 15th.  The recent posting pace (a record month, if it carries through the end) has been pushing us closer to our first-ever calendar year where we'll cross two different hundred-thousand barriers (400k and 500k).

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I just realised that we don't have classes this Wednesday. What a bummer. I've let my chemistry studying slide, and I really could have used that extra 3 hours of lecture time to try and get a handle on the material, especially since it's nuclear chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry, and all that fun stuff. Time to call the tutor for another session (thankfully tutoring is free)...

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
synLeszka said:

"According to eastern horoscope, the coming 2011 will be the Year of the White Rabbit. By astrologic forecasts, it will bring comfort, warmth and hospitality. It might be more complicated for those born in the Rooster Year and in the Rabbit Year," Lobsang Gyatso, a monk in the Golden Abode, told Interfax.
http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=mosaic&div=350
And, as a random piece of trivia, in the Vietnamese Zodiac the Cat replaces the Rabbit, making it the year of the cat there. New Year's February 3rd this year...should be a fun party like every year.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a wild experience today. I woke up to the strains of Joseph Haydn's Trumpet Concerto in E-flat playing on the local Classical radio station. Since it's such a commonly played work among student trumpeters, I recognized it immediately, so I decided to make a WAG and say, "I guess that this is Wynton Marsalis playing in the recording." I can't tell one trumpeter from another just by hearing them play. When the morning program host announced that this was a recording by Wynton Marsalis, I just about laughed myself giddy. "D**n, I'm good!" ;D

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Just went to Target at lunch and bought the only two remaining Lala-loopsy dolls in all of Michigan!....maybe even the U.S!

:D

My nieces liked them months ago...and I kept putting it off.  Now, it seems they are the "hot" toy for Christmas.  Oh oh.

I got them for under $20 and they are on eBay for over $60!  What a scam!

Attachments

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was an adult before I actually used my first slide rule.  I purchased an antique one, and also an "antique" book that described how to use it.  I'd putz around with it from time to time, always discovering something with a cool factor of 5.7 or better.

But now I've lost or misplaced both.

Should I go on ebay to replace these items?  Or is this wasted time?  Clearly, any answer a new slide rule might give me is much more easily, precisely, and readily obtained using one of the several calculators I own.

Still, I wonder...

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
To all those who are celebrating: Happy Feast of St. Catherine

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Catherine_of_Alexandria

and Happy Thanksgiving.  :)

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Ok, I'll come right out and say it, i'm mad. I bought some "Frank's RedHot Chile n' Lime Steak Strips" beef jerky for 5.99$, and they are not really good at all. I open the bag and it smells almost repulsive, and there is no spicyness to the taste at all. AT ALL. I struggle to taste anything that ressembles lime or chile. The taste is highly forgettable. Not recommended.  :mad:

Vulgarity not permitted on the public boards replaced with more appropriate alternative  -PtA

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
:angel:

http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/2010/11/25/cute-baby-animals-cricket-chirps/

Who doesn't love videos of little kittens flipping over in a basket?   :laugh:  It's a kitten! Tickles! Happy.

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
It's amazing how the simple addition of a plant to your workstation can make you happier throughout the day...

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Ortho_cat said:
It's amazing how the simple addition of a plant to your workstation can make you happier throughout the day...
Too bad they won't let me bring a cat to mine.
Ones like this would probably inspire bad habits...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
OC.net records set in November...

1. Total new topics in a month: 729 (Previous high was 679)
2. Total new posts in a month: 13,420 (Previous high was 13,122)
3. Total new members in a month: 145 (Previous high was 120)
4. Total page views in a month: 1,204,681 (Previous high was 1,153,212)

Busy month!

Elijah

Elder
Reaction score
Somalia man was sentenced to 30 years in prison on monday by the US judge.

Elijah

Elder
Reaction score
Tobacco advertising could be banned in Ukraine. (Right now it is being discussed.)

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
OC.net records set in November...

1. Total new topics in a month: 729 (Previous high was 679)
2. Total new posts in a month: 13,420 (Previous high was 13,122)
3. Total new members in a month: 145 (Previous high was 120)
4. Total page views in a month: 1,204,681 (Previous high was 1,153,212)

Busy month!
Very interesting indeed. Excellent research, sir! <thumbsup>

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
I am getting close to 7,000 posts. I hope to make it before New Years. The only problem is that when I am on break (as in the up coming Christmas break) I tend to be around a computer less often and post less often. I am gonna have to pick it up a bit. Some one needs to engage me in an intense debate that ends with us both being "moderated".  :D

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember an episode of the Muppet Show that wasn't super awesome.  But maybe I'm just too agreeable.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
chrevbel said:
I don't remember an episode of the Muppet Show that wasn't super awesome.  But maybe I'm just too agreeable.
I have to agree with you there. That show produced real humor, unlike much the drivel we see around now days. If I hear one more person tell me that The Hangover was an amazing movie, I am gonna puke.

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never even seen The Hangover.  However, I'll gladly claim that it's an awesome movie, just to be able to see that.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Papist said:
I am getting close to 7,000 posts. I hope to make it before New Years. The only problem is that when I am on break (as in the up coming Christmas break) I tend to be around a computer less often and post less often. I am gonna have to pick it up a bit. Some one needs to engage me in an intense debate that ends with us both being "moderated".  :D

The posting milestones come and go; but the camaraderie lasts... um...