• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,850
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Obscene limerick removed

Why you thought this obscene limerick was appropriate for an Orthodox Christian forum, I do not know.  For posting such a poem, you are officially warned for 30 days. -Schultz.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
I tried to log on to oc.net and somehow ended up at playboy!  :police:
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
So have you heard the news lately?

Superdattaswami challenges dattaswami to a God-off

in other news...augustin seems to be crossing some sort of line....
 

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Points
0
SDS definitely takes the early lead in style points.  His responses actually seem to address the posts to which he's responding.  Refreshing!  Like Kool-aid!
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
Wow...oc.net seems to have attracted a few interesting characters these past couple of weeks.

Could this be correlated with the increasing rate of the number of posts posted.
 

Superdattaswami

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Points
0
minasoliman said:
Wow...oc.net seems to have attracted a few interesting characters these past couple of weeks.

Could this be correlated with the increasing rate of the number of posts posted.
It has to do with my love for my children, and my wish that they are all saved.
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
Superdattaswami said:
minasoliman said:
Wow...oc.net seems to have attracted a few interesting characters these past couple of weeks.

Could this be correlated with the increasing rate of the number of posts posted.
It has to do with my love for my children, and my wish that they are all saved.
How many decimal points does it take to reach the exact value of pi?
 

chrevbel

High Elder
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Superdattaswami said:
It has to do with my love for my children, and my wish that they are all saved.
Sir, you should say your wish that they are all saving.  These are important times in which to be putting aside resources for the proverbial rainy day.  (I mean proverbial as in the generic sense, not as in the Biblical book.  Haha!  I made a funny!)
 

Superdattaswami

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Points
0
chrevbel said:
Sir, you should say your wish that they are all saving.  These are important times in which to be putting aside resources for the proverbial rainy day.  (I mean proverbial as in the generic sense, not as in the Biblical book.  Haha!  I made a funny!)
For Kool-Aid, I assume, my child?
 

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
5,392
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
Wichita, KS
Great Superdatta, what do you make of all these threads about the Theotoks lately? Is it some sort of sign?
 

Superdattaswami

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ortho_cat said:
Great Superdatta, what do you make of all these threads about the Theotoks lately? Is it some sort of sign?
She is the greatest woman who has ever lived. Why not talk extensively about her?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
bjhulk has made 62 posts on this forum in less than 24 hours...  
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
So far the Groupon.com commercial about Tibet has been the dumbest Super Bowl commercial...
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Superdattaswami said:
Ortho_cat said:
Great Superdatta, what do you make of all these threads about the Theotoks lately? Is it some sort of sign?
She is the greatest woman who has ever lived. Why not talk extensively about her?


Let's extensively raise goats!
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
Asteriktos said:
So far the Groupon.com commercial about Tibet has been the dumbest Super Bowl commercial...
Ya I saw that...that was not even a stupid SuperBowl commercial, but stupid overall.
 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,897
Reaction score
69
Points
48
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Asteriktos said:
So far the Groupon.com commercial about Tibet has been the dumbest Super Bowl commercial...
Agreed.  I was very disappointed.  In other news: way too much money was spent on the Superbowl (ticket prices, advertising dollars, bonuses, etc.).
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
Pittsburgh: the only city in the world that has a female meteorologist named after a sausage product.  ;D
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
Unexpected tidbit of the night: CCEL is more reliable than Newadvent with regard to providing deuterocanonical references in their patristic documents.  ??? ;D  :D
 

That person

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Points
0

I got this from an Anglican on Facebook. If any of our local priests can confirm that this is not only acceptable, but standard in Orthodoxy, I may have found my calling.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
"You really are the only shadow standing in your own sunshine"

What means this?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
That person said:
I got this from an Anglican on Facebook. If any of our local priests can confirm that this is not only acceptable, but standard in Orthodoxy, I may have found my calling.
Doesn't look too awful far from the truth! Though I've never seen a priest with a torch (flashlight or otherwise) on his desk  8)
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
Asteriktos said:
"You really are the only shadow standing in your own sunshine"

What means this?
You are the master of your destiny?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,492
Reaction score
263
Points
83
Age
41
minasoliman said:
Asteriktos said:
"You really are the only shadow standing in your own sunshine"

What means this?
You are the master of your destiny?
Hmm... ok, I'll buy that :)  Fabio said it last night after getting eliminated from Top Chef  :D 
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
Asteriktos said:
minasoliman said:
Asteriktos said:
"You really are the only shadow standing in your own sunshine"

What means this?
You are the master of your destiny?
Hmm... ok, I'll buy that :)  Fabio said it last night after getting eliminated from Top Chef  :D 
Hmmm...okay...it could also mean, you're great on the inside, but just remove that weakness you keep showing.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
"You really are the only shadow standing in your own sunshine"

What means this?
Someone who is wwwaaayyy any UVA/B level of protection from the devastating cognitive effects of prolonged sun exposure.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
minasoliman said:
So have you heard the news lately?

Superdattaswami challenges dattaswami to a God-off

in other news...augustin seems to be crossing some sort of line....
lulz
 

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
5,392
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
38
Location
Wichita, KS
I had a dream that Chris Rock died and had an Orthodox funeral. What's more, is during the funeral he began to sit up and look around at everyone (probably wondering what on earth he's doing in an Orthodox Cathedral!)
 

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
20,198
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
NJ
Asteriktos said:
All the ladies call me Justin. Justin Credible.  :p
All the homies call me Mr. Mina...MistaMinar fella..n
 
Top