• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
This thread is catching up to my post count, I better post more!  :police:

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Entscheidungsproblem said:
Starting my second play through of Dragon Age 2.  :D
Must be nice! I won't be able to get it for another couple weeks  :'(  I'm playing DA1 at the moment though...

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Asteriktos said:
This thread is catching up to my post count, I better post more!  :police:
tell me about it...how some of these guys get over 10,000 is beyond me. 
Sounds like the jealous musing of a have-not ;)

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
Fr. George said:
serb1389 said:
Asteriktos said:
This thread is catching up to my post count, I better post more!  :police:
tell me about it...how some of these guys get over 10,000 is beyond me.  
Sounds like the jealous musing of a have-not ;)
O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk.  

But give rather the spirit of  chastity, humility, patience, and love to Thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King!

Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages. Amen

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I ordered my first Jesus icon and it came in the mail today!  :D

I am probably way more excited than I should be! But looking at the icon while I pray really focuses my mind on Him.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
any good?
Also, were there any needlessly/frustratingly difficult things like the gauntlet bridge in the first one?

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Asteriktos said:
serb1389 said:
any good?
Also, were there any needlessly/frustratingly difficult things like the gauntlet bridge in the first one?
ROFL!!!!!  excellent.  well played. 

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Loc
Website
www.iheu.org
serb1389 said:
any good?
Definitely.  They sort of Mass-Effectised the game, stripping it of some of its RPG elements, but it was an enjoyable 30 hours or so.  Some people don't like the fact that it isn't as an "epic" storyline, but I really enjoyed the story.  The dragons you face are a royal pain as a melee character.

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
Asteriktos said:
Thankfully there was nothing quite like that, nor as frustrating as the Fade/Dream level during Broken Circle.  The most frustrating parts were the odd bugged sub-quests.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Asteriktos said:
Thankfully there was nothing quite like that, nor as frustrating as the Fade/Dream level during Broken Circle.  The most frustrating parts were the odd bugged sub-quests.
bugged? 

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
serb1389 said:
Asteriktos said:
bugged? 
Need a patch before they work properly.  There is one sub-quest where you have to rescue someone, and when you get there... there is only a "Bandit Leader" whom you cannot interact with.  Not many, 3 or so.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
serb1389 said:
Asteriktos said:
bugged? 
Need a patch before they work properly.  There is one sub-quest where you have to rescue someone, and when you get there... there is only a "Bandit Leader" whom you cannot interact with.  Not many, 3 or so.
formatting issue u think?

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.iheu.org
serb1389 said:
serb1389 said:
Asteriktos said:
bugged? 
Looking on different forums, it looks like a flag issue.  When you perform tasks in a certain order, a flag that should be tripped, isn't.  So certain parts of the code isn't being executed.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
serb1389 said:
serb1389 said:
Asteriktos said:
bugged? 
Looking on different forums, it looks like a flag issue.  When you perform tasks in a certain order, a flag that should be tripped, isn't.  So certain parts of the code isn't being executed.
ahh...thanks for the indepth convo & responses!  I guess they can't always get everything perfect.  it is after all a game..lol. 

After Lent i'm going to rent it & let you know what I think...maybe we should have a "video game" post...?

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I think I will introduce myself to baked tofu tonight with this simple recipe:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/baked-tofu-bites/Detail.aspx

I'll let u know how it turns out! :)

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Good luck! My first (and last) attempt of cooking tofu was a disaster.  :-X

I think the key is draining it first. But I don't know if I want to try again!

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

Well, maybe the marinade will help, I hope anyways, I'll make sure to drain it good. Thanks!

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

It took me two burns until I was able to cook couscous right.

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

Well, all in all, I think it went quite well! I scorched some of the marinade in the oven, but I think I put too much of it in with the tofu. I think this recipe tasted quite good, will definitely try again!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Wow you have almost tempted me to try to make tofu someday! (the recipe looks pretty delicious)

This is the first complete day off I've had in weeks. I work from my home office and I'm on the internet 24/7. What did I do today? Watch trashy tv and catch up on blogs and message boards. What a good use of my time.  ::) Lord, forgive me.

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Wow you have almost tempted me to try to make tofu someday! (the recipe looks pretty delicious)

This is the first complete day off I've had in weeks. I work from my home office and I'm on the internet 24/7. What did I do today? Watch trashy tv and catch up on blogs and message boards. What a good use of my time.  ::) Lord, forgive me.
this link about pressing tofu helped, I think:

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/newfoodssubstitutions/ht/presstofu.htm

Also, I just served it with brown rice. Pretty simple and easy.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
People have told me that tofu is supposed to take on the whatever other flavors are around it... I dunno, I didn't like it either *shrugs*

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

The only way I've enjoyed tofu was mixed into Chinese food as a meat alternative.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
If it is of the "firm" variety and "dry", I can eat it by than handful direct from the the fridge.

When it is in food, it pretty much disappears and takes on the flavors of the stuff.

Not much in the way of a variety of texture though. And texture is one the things I enjoy most in food.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I actually enjoy tofu in miso soup, but yeah, the texture is my least favorite part of it.

I cooked the tofu using a Chinese recipe. It had garlic, soy sauce, black bean sauce. I don't know how that could possibly be bad -- but it was! I'm pretty sure that I didn't drain it enough.

Everyone at the table was polite enough to choke down several mouthfuls of it, over rice with baby corn. But whenever I think of tofu now, I have a visceral reaction.

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
People have told me that tofu is supposed to take on the whatever other flavors are around it... I dunno, I didn't like it either *shrugs*
yes, kind of like mushrooms...flavor absorbers :)

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Ok, so what is this I hear about Tempeh and Seitan? They seem to be among the highest sources of protein, yet I can't find them anywhere. Anyone have good experience with these?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Ortho_cat said:
Ok, so what is this I hear about Tempeh and Seitan? They seem to be among the highest sources of protein, yet I can't find them anywhere. Anyone have good experience with these?
Ain't filet mignon, but I can eat just about anything.