Random Postings

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
In the newspaper yesterday, the chess puzzle had a hint beneath it. "Try to force checkmate."

...but you could use that hint any day, because that's the whole point of playing chess!!
???
:p

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I thought I would restart this thread, just because it's fun to see what people randomly post.

I was getting a new phone last night (old, free on is on its last legs), and strangely enough, the Droid was the cheapest one in the store that time, even with the data package stuff. Go figure. I  downloaded all of the Orthodox apps and I'm totally psyched about it. I can't wait to show my priest, although the likelihood is very high that he's seen them all already.

[/dork]

Any good apps recommendations? Free for now because we're moving soon and I'm trying to make sure that I don't fritter away the little money I have left after a paycheck!

Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I thought I would restart this thread, just because it's fun to see what people randomly post.

I was getting a new phone last night (old, free on is on its last legs), and strangely enough, the Droid was the cheapest one in the store that time, even with the data package stuff. Go figure. I  downloaded all of the Orthodox apps and I'm totally psyched about it. I can't wait to show my priest, although the likelihood is very high that he's seen them all already.

[/dork]

Any good apps recommendations? Free for now because we're moving soon and I'm trying to make sure that I don't fritter away the little money I have left after a paycheck!
What apps did you find?

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
So far I have PrayDaily, the Greek Calendar, the Pilgrim App, and a Russian Bible...I think those were the free ones that I noticed. There are quite a few Coptic Apps, too, as I remember them from the list. I love that I get to have the prayers and the text of the DL on my phone! [/dork]

Philoumenos

Reaction score
biro said:
In the newspaper yesterday, the chess puzzle had a hint beneath it. "Try to force checkmate."

...but you could use that hint any day, because that's the whole point of playing chess!!
???
:p
Forcemate

Poppy

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Website
www.zsl.org

(moddy...can you sort this link if it don't work?? Thanks.... oh and delete this sentence)

This is what happens when you click on a profile to send a pm when your not logged in and it makes me laugh every time i see it!!!

"Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile" haha.... it's so polite but kind of sounds shocked that someone would even try it!!
I bet FrChris worded that, i know hes the admin so thas not a amazing guess but i can imagine him writing it.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Pray for me guys, I have a meeting with a professional soccer team, Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer on Monday. Professional soccer has been a dream for me for a long time and I hope it works out.  ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Practice your acting and you'll be a shoe-in!  :p  Just kidding, good luck!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
The end of the summer semester is approaching. I only have two classes, but I have 2 papers and 2 tests coming up in the next week... so what am I doing? Surfing the net  ::)

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
The end of the summer semester is approaching. I only have two classes, but I have 2 papers and 2 tests coming up in the next week... so what am I doing? Surfing the net  ::)
It's not college if you don't procrastinate! :D

Good to see you back on the boards!!!!!!!!!!

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
LOL, so I can do this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHebuF8tNEM

Nah, but I don't do those dives though, I'm a real man.  :police:

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Asteriktos said:

Ah, back in the days we would have our best actor take a dive to get the ref's attention while another teammate would knock unconscious another player with a folding metal chair.

Seriously, I played with serious dude from Nigeria and he could take a dive like no one else. It was hilarious. It is part of the game and strategy. If you ain't exploiting every advantage, you ain't playing.

Sometimes though, we would be killing the other team and he would still pull those antics. I would ask him why. He said, he liked to get his "face time" and keep himself in top form.

Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Asteriktos said:

Don't tell the scouts that! They want lads who'll do as they're told... ;)

Best of luck to you man!

Reaction score
montalo said:
just felt like sharing the piece im working on

Le Peuple du Monde

The people of what world? Just kidding! It's very cool, thanks for sharing.

Now someday this thread will be worth a fortune! :D

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
celticfan1888 said:
Pray for me guys, I have a meeting with a professional soccer team, Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer on Monday. Professional soccer has been a dream for me for a long time and I hope it works out.  ;D
Mazel tov!  :)

Guess I'll get one of their shirts, and I'll be able to say "Hey! I know that guy" when I see you on TV.  :)

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
[quote author=orthonorm]
Ah, back in the days we would have our best actor take a dive to get the ref's attention while another teammate would knock unconscious another player with a folding metal chair.

Seriously, I played with serious dude from Nigeria and he could take a dive like no one else. It was hilarious. It is part of the game and strategy. If you ain't exploiting every advantage, you ain't playing.

Sometimes though, we would be killing the other team and he would still pull those antics. I would ask him why. He said, he liked to get his "face time" and keep himself in top form.

[/quote]

I just cannot stand that stuff. lol. Atleast now theyre trying to take it out of the game, it's a yellow card if the ref catches you diving.  :police:

[quote author=biro]
Mazel tov!  :)

Guess I'll get one of their shirts, and I'll be able to say "Hey! I know that guy" when I see you on TV.  :)
[/quote]

Thank you! :D. If I make the team and you're ever in town, I'll totally sign the shirt for you.  ;D

[quote author=Stephen St. Pierre]
Don't tell the scouts that! They want lads who'll do as they're told... ;)

Best of luck to you man!
[/quote]

Thank you! Well, as long as I score goals I should be fine.  8)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Less than a year ago my sister and her family moved out of the house they were staying in because the neighborhood wasn't safe or a good environment for the kids. The person who is currently living in her old house made the local news a few days ago. He apparently had thousands of dollars worth of cocaine on him. And... he got caught after he tried to shoplift from a grocery store by stuffing shrimp and a chuck roast down his pants. I kid you not.  :D ::)

Story

Reaction score
It's 10:20 am and I've already experienced four or five incidents of unnecessary rudeness, self-aggrandisement and nastiness at court and at the office.

Why must lawyers be so cruel to each other?

Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
It's 10:20 am and I've already experienced four or five incidents of unnecessary rudeness, self-aggrandisement and nastiness at court and at the office.

Dog eat dog...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
Do you really want the non-lawyers dishing out the cruelty to you? //:=|

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Azurestone said:
Asteriktos said:
Azurestone said:
Dude, I'm hungry.  :'(
...order Chinese food?
I'm trying to cut back, and get back in shape. My wife having another kid got me fat.  :D
Ahh!  Well maybe you'll burn it off running after the new member of the family :angel: Otherwise... there's always low-calorie delights like... um... celery?

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
Asteriktos said:
Azurestone said:
Asteriktos said:
Azurestone said:
Dude, I'm hungry.  :'(
...order Chinese food?
I'm trying to cut back, and get back in shape. My wife having another kid got me fat.  :D
Ahh!  Well maybe you'll burn it off running after the new member of the family :angel: Otherwise... there's always low-calorie delights like... um... celery?
I'm out of town... all I've got are apples and bananas... what was I thinking...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Azurestone said:
Stephen St. Pierre said:
Apples and Bananas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QybpPmGRc
LOL! You know, I almost said it, too. Haha
The beauty of this thread is that is shows how little I understand and how glad I am for it.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Azurestone said:
I'm out of town... all I've got are apples and bananas... what was I thinking...
Not sure what to do with the apples, but as for the bananas...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Azurestone said:
Not sure what to do with the apples, but as for the bananas...

Oh your genius will not be truly appreciated until after your death.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of writing a paper for a psychology course. The paper was due Tuesday, but I decided to skip it (bad Asteriktos!) I figured out how much it would hurt my grade, and I was willing to take the hit... just because of intellectual laziness I guess. Anyway, then my teacher emails everyone in the class on Thursday saying that not everyone had turned in their papers and that he was willing to accept them late (with points taken off for lateness). So now I feel guilty about blowing it off and here I am at 2am writing the paper. Bah.  :angel:

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I'm in the middle of writing a paper for a psychology course. The paper was due Tuesday, but I decided to skip it (bad Asteriktos!) I figured out how much it would hurt my grade, and I was willing to take the hit... just because of intellectual laziness I guess. Anyway, then my teacher emails everyone in the class on Thursday saying that not everyone had turned in their papers and that he was willing to accept them late (with points taken off for lateness). So now I feel guilty about blowing it off and here I am at 2am writing the paper. Bah.  :angel:
You can do it!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I turned the paper in, but it was awful. I guess whatever points I get from it I'll happily live with.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I turned the paper in, but it was awful. I guess whatever points I get from it I'll happily live with.
Psychology? Give me a break. You'll do excellently.