Random Postings

Reaction score
Azurestone said:
biro said:
genesisone said:
biro said:
I like snow. I was glad when my father used to tell me to go outside and shovel at 4:00 in the morning.  ;D
Can I adopt you?
Thanks, but I think my Mom would say no.   ;)
Now don't get hasty. He didn't say his price, yet. :D
Reminds me of when Paris Hilton purchased Butters from his parents in South Park.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
If we're talking about shoveling sidewalks here, that usually runs about $5. ;)
I love doing it. I shovel my entire street gratis.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
On Weather:

Hate summer, especially our summer.

Will take 60s and gray for a while over 90s and bright.

Ideally it would be 60 and bright.

Never found a winter I would exchange for a summer here.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
My parents would have offered to adopt you, straight up. My sister was so lazy that I usually did the shoveling. Me, with my chronic fatigue. Needless to say, I took twice as long to do it.

75 is my ideal temp. I like the mid-80s, but not if it's too humid. The humidity kills me. My friend and I have a plot to convince our families to move West in a few years. We want to live in Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada and enjoy the desert and dry heat.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
My parents would have offered to adopt you, straight up. My sister was so lazy that I usually did the shoveling. Me, with my chronic fatigue. Needless to say, I took twice as long to do it.

75 is my ideal temp. I like the mid-80s, but not if it's too humid. The humidity kills me. My friend and I have a plot to convince our families to move West in a few years. We want to live in Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada and enjoy the desert and dry heat.
Why are you, AM, and I just responding back and forth and not in chat?

Reaction score
Her Majesty's Attorney General (my employer) does not approve of me chatting or otherwise social-networking.

I've just noticed my posting ratio goes up during bouts of legal research.

You two should be in the chat, though!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I am working on a long file. May be able to go in for a minute, as a client is sending more work at midnight. WHY IS THIS MY LIFE.

Okay, hold on. I can go in for half an hour. See you there if anyone else will be in...

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Does anyone else get somewhat depressed when you see an Orthodox website that hasn't been updated in a long time (e.g. you go to a section labeled "calendar" and it's for 2009)? Or when you call a parish in November and the person on the answering machine/voicemail greets you with an explanation of when their Paschal services are? I mean, seriously, we spend lots of time and money on comparatively trivial stuff, but ignore things that would be simple and cheap (or even free) to take care of...

Every parish should have someone specifically appointed to trouble shoot this kind of stuff and to come up with ways to improve the missionary and evangelistic activity of the parish.

[/End Rant] :)

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Asteriktos said:
Does anyone else get somewhat depressed when you see an Orthodox website that hasn't been updated in a long time (e.g. you go to a section labeled "calendar" and it's for 2009)? Or when you call a parish in November and the person on the answering machine/voicemail greets you with an explanation of when their Paschal services are? I mean, seriously, we spend lots of time and money on comparatively trivial stuff, but ignore things that would be simple and cheap (or even free) to take care of...

Every parish should have someone specifically appointed to trouble shoot this kind of stuff and to come up with ways to improve the missionary and evangelistic activity of the parish.

[/End Rant] :)

Me, too. What makes me a little more sad is if it is a church that is nearby, and I know that people still go there, because I drive past sometimes, and when I look up their website and click on 'News'... they haven't put anything since a banquet in 2008!  ??? Someone in the office? Hello? :)

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I just had gator last week. Kind of rubbery, but not too bad. It was fried, but then again, I had fried frogs legs once and wanted to vomit. No, thank you.

So, I went to Ikea today for the first time in probably 10 years. (Crazy that I was a hormonal teenager 10 years ago, not age 6 or 7 or anything.) I went crazy and purchased a lot of stuff at the food market, since we didn't have much time to stop for Lingonberry jam and Swedish meatballs, my fav. I have missed out on the frozen food aisles and the foodstuffs in general. I don't remember seeing THAT much of a selection.

Oh yeah, and I lifted lots of heavy furniture, too. But the jam made it all worth it.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The last 20 minutes has left me starving.

White Castle is singing her siren song . . . but which of the 12 to choose from?

But a 4-way also could hit the spot. This time of day, only place to go for that.

Holy crap! Fried Chicken Livers! Just jumped in.

Caught on the triceratops of a trilemma!

Doh!

Just realized its Friday. Seriously. My stomach is sad.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
The last 20 minutes has left me starving.

White Castle is singing her siren song . . . but which of the 12 to choose from?

But a 4-way also could hit the spot. This time of day, only place to go that.

Holy crap! Fried Chicken Livers! Just jumped in.

Caught on the triceratops of a trilemma!

Doh!

Just realized its Friday. Seriously. My stomach is sad.
Could go the whole liturgical day route . . . That would solve the problem of not having a problem.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Andrew Crook said:
I wish we had a White Castle around here...

all that we rednecks got, is some Krystal's.   ;D
There is not a word in English which can describe the depth of loathing I feel toward you right now.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I've never had White Castle.  There are no stores around here, and I've never bought their frozen food.

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
JamesRottnek said:
I've never had White Castle.  There are no stores around here, and I've never bought their frozen food.
Me neither. I once saw a show on the History Channel about it, though. Knowing the History Channel, it was probably all propaganda, anyways.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
White Castle is more glorious than anyone can describe. That's one of the biggest reasons why I miss New Jersey!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
My daughters have strange tastes regarding food combinations. The first sign of a problem was when they wanted ketchup on everything--fruit, cookies, whatever--there was nothing that couldn't be improved with a bit of ketchup. Then there was the butter episode. My daughters like pickles. One day they simply had to have butter on them though. Of course they took a few bites, pat themselves on the back about how good it tasted... and then left to go do something else and let Dad clean up. And it looked disgusting... pickles sitting in a pool of butter. You wouldn't think it'd be that bad, but it was. Anyway, they went with something slightly less disgusting today, but still strange...  first they put 6 pieces of balogna (yes, they counted each slice out, and it had to be six) on some bread, and added some ketchup. Also cheese--Athy with one piece, Sahara insisting on four.  Then came the culinary coup de grace... Dora the Explorer fruit snacks. Ugh.  ;D

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Azurestone said:
IsmiLiora said:
White Castle is more glorious than anyone can describe. That's one of the biggest reasons why I miss New Jersey!
There's other reasons?

:D
Lol! I can't think of any now, but I'm sure there are some ;) and asteriktos, your daughters sound like walking pregnancy cravings! They are adorable. I guess it's all fun and games until dad has to clean up though, huh?

Btw, yay I heard your voice! Not too well because I was in the kitchen.....but I heard it nevertheless!

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
IsmiLiora said:
Azurestone said:
IsmiLiora said:
There's other reasons?

Lol! I can't think of any now, but I'm sure there are some ;) and asteriktos, your daughters sound like walking pregnancy cravings! They are adorable. I guess it's all fun and games until dad has to clean up though, huh?

Btw, yay I heard your voice! Not too well because I was in the kitchen.....but I heard it nevertheless!
Was he in the toaster?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Azurestone said:
IsmiLiora said:
Azurestone said:
IsmiLiora said:
There's other reasons?

Was he in the toaster?
Are you implying that I'm hot? Or was toasted? Or both?  ???

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
An email to make me smile with joy and cackle with laughter from a one-time mentor and dear friend once removed by extreme space, now living a few stone throws from me:

Jason,

Hope things have been going well for you.

I've moved downtown, getting older and older, and need someone to argue with.

If you would like to argue, let me know.
Love and owe this man dearly.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Sitting on my porch taking in one of the most beautiful days of the year.

A huge grasshopper is staring me in the face.

If I hadn't developed my damn shellfish allergy, I would show the paleo nerds on this site what real paleo is and take a photo of me eating the bugger.

Ate plenty as a kid.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
An email to make me smile with joy and cackle with laughter from a one-time mentor and dear friend once removed by extreme space, now living a few stone throws from me:

Jason,

Hope things have been going well for you.

I've moved downtown, getting older and older, and need someone to argue with.

If you would like to argue, let me know.
Love and owe this man dearly.
Just thinking about my friend. One of the most intelligent men I ever met. Certainly the greatest reader I've ever met. He is the one who taught me how to read.

A great auditor as well.

An old Southern Curmudgeon. Always had extreme disdain for University.

Nearly killed me once, when he told me that he wanted to retire to somewhere in America where no one had ever heard the words social justice before.

Guess he lost the argument with his wife.

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
orthonorm said:
Sitting on my porch taking in one of the most beautiful days of the year.

A huge grasshopper is staring me in the face.

If I hadn't developed my damn shellfish allergy, I would show the paleo nerds on this site what real paleo is and take a photo of me eating the bugger.

Ate plenty as a kid.
Grasshoppers aggravate a shellfish allergy?

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
Asteriktos said:
Azurestone said:
IsmiLiora said:
Azurestone said:
IsmiLiora said:
There's other reasons?

Was he in the toaster?
Are you implying that I'm hot? Or was toasted? Or both?  ???
So you WERE in the toaster?!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Rather than asking whether I was in the toaster, perhaps you should ask whether I was the toaster. I defy you to prove that I wasn't.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
One of the most intelligent men I ever met. Certainly the greatest reader I've ever met. He is the one who taught me how to read.

...Always had extreme disdain for University.
??? 8)