• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Reaction score
Zoe said:
Cleveland> ELA DO, EKHRISTOSANESTI!!
EkhristosAnesti>  I was kidding, I was kidding!

;D
I don't get it? What's "ELA DO"?

Reaction score
Zoe said:
"Come here"
Trust me, I wouldn't back out till the very last milli-second. I'd want to make sure i've done everything within my capacity to give him a bit of a scare.

TomS

Archon
Reaction score
EkhristosAnesti said:
Now that definitely sounds closer to the Greek I know, not that i'm an expert or anything.
Yeah. "Ella, DOh!" is Homer Simpson Greek  :D

DerekMK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Fully written out it is ελα εδω but the epsilon in εδω gets chopped off (a trait I hate about Greek, fwiw) at conversational speed.

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Now if that's not a # 1 terrorist threat, I don't know what is ;)
You guys are way off the mark. Cleveland clearly established much earlier in the history of this thread that bears are the #1 terrorist threat! ;D

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man.....it seems that all concerned are trying to outlast the energizer bunny and then some on this thing... :p

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anastasios said:
I would like to point out that as of right now, we have 5,713,644 total hits since the reorganization of this board as "OrthodoxChristianity.net" on Oct 3, 2002. :)
WHOA WHOA!!! :eek: Now you're talkin' crazy....don't you realize that you just posted something that is actually pertinent to the thread topic? Just slow down a minute......take a deep breath and exhale....soon you'll be posting non-sequitors here again like everyone else. ;)

TomS

Archon
Reaction score
Νεκτάριος said:
Fully written out it is ελα εδω but the epsilon in εδω gets chopped off (a trait I hate about Greek, fwiw) at conversational speed. ÂÂ
Actually, they usually drop εδω completely and just say ελα

ella vre
ella melaka

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
"This is the thread that doesn't end
It just goes on and on my friend...."

Ebor

Reaction score
Ebor said:
"This is the thread that doesn't end
 It just goes on and on my friend...."
"...some people started posting in it, cos' they were drunk n lost,
and they'll continue posting in it forever just because..."

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Serb, you use the most superlatives ever!

And, methinks that video clip helps my case that penguins are a major terror threat.... I mean, look at 'em - you can't trust them as far as you could toss 'em.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is nothing like seeing a penguin trying to "whack" another penguin in "cold blood."
The horror is too great... what kind of havoc could these unruly creatures wreak if they were loosed upon the civilized world? What would be the end of the carnage? The horror? The tuxedos?

Psalti Boy

High Elder
Reaction score
cleveland said:
There is nothing like seeing a penguin trying to "whack" another penguin in "cold blood."
The horror is too great... what kind of havoc could these unruly creatures wreak if they were loosed upon the civilized world?  What would be the end of the carnage?  The horror?  The tuxedos?
I've been laughing so hard since I saw the penguins, I can't remember who posted them. My question is: The one that's doin' the smackin, is it a real penguin or mechanical?? Where did you find that video?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is that second video from Trigger Happy TV? It looks like their work (great show, BTW... one of the few things I miss about not watching TV much anymore).

Zoe

Elder
Reaction score
My favorite is when the guy walks around on the giant cell phone and screams every word...hahaha, makes me laugh thinking about it.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"HELLO.... I'M IN AN ART GALLERY.... I SAID AN ART GALLERY..... IT'S NOT VERY GOOD...."

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
*Contemplating the future of this thread, which has now become the #1 posted thread, and is close to being the #1 viewed thread, is near the 1,000 post mark...*

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know if it is as much a statement about "the members of OC.net" in general... maybe just the statistical outliers (don't worry - present company included ;) )

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, well - the size of this particular thread isn't grabbing the attention of members of the board like the board count was when this thread was originally started... I guess now it's more of a local-interest story: local to the loony bin.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
That pinquin clip is the greatest thing i've ever seen!!!!!! Ok maybe not ever but its in the top 5 for sure.
I'd say that the Tunak Tunak Tun video (which can be found easily with a Google search), which was posted at OC.net many moons ago, also ranks in the top 5.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the Visa spoof commercial that's on google (the indecent proposal by the boyfriend, with the intercom on...)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tunak Tunak Tun
http://www.no-nothingrock.com/articles/daler/

Yes, an oldie but a goodie - in the words of the above-linked site,
"if i could dance like daler i would never leave the dance floor. if i could sing like daler, i'd never let go of the microphone. if i was as photogenic as daler, i'd always be in front of the camera. i am not one of these things. daler is them all."

Reaction score
If God decides to grant me the gift of long life, and I abuse it in my old age by dancing like this:

Kill me...