Random Postings

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
IsmiLiora said:
Celtic, if that is supposed to be a hint, I would work on your subtlety. Just a friend? ;)

And *, L.M.A.O. I actually never saw the appeal of doctors. I was always pining after military men/police officers/anyone with a uniform including at one time my UPS delivery guy (scrubs and the white coat doesn't really count to me, though). And military men:

-Work really long hours
-Are away from the house for days/weeks/months/years at a time
-May possibly return changed
-May DIE at work.

It's the uniform, I guess. And the life-saving thing, perhaps... :)


IT IS FREEZING in my apartment. They are NOW replacing the boiler and it won't be up and running until the end of the week. It's only 69 degrees outside but for some reason it feels much colder in here. After finishing some work, I went into storage and pulled out all of my sweaters. It's a matter of time, anyway.
Cast iron sectional boilers, for the win.  They could probably have one of those installed in a day or so, depending on consignment at the local rep.

Edit - BTW, you should smack your maintenance guys for only knowing now that the boiler is out.  Smart people always do a summer run to make sure everything operates before it gets cold.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
vamrat said:
Cast iron sectional boilers, for the win.  They could probably have one of those installed in a day or so, depending on consignment at the local rep.

Edit - BTW, you should smack your maintenance guys for only knowing now that the boiler is out.  Smart people always do a summer run to make sure everything operates before it gets cold.
I'm convinced that my landlord is evil or lazy.

I'm leaning toward the latter because our oven has been broken for a month and they are still "ordering" the part to fix it. I had to make my lemon-oregano chicken (YUM) in our toaster oven yesterday and accidentally got all butter all over the inside. Go me. I miss having an oven and I don't know how we're going to do the turkey this Thanksgiving if they don't fix it before then.

PS What are cast iron sectional boilers? Educate me. I have no idea what you're talking about. I could google, though...couldn't I...
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
IsmiLiora said:
vamrat said:
Cast iron sectional boilers, for the win.  They could probably have one of those installed in a day or so, depending on consignment at the local rep.

Edit - BTW, you should smack your maintenance guys for only knowing now that the boiler is out.  Smart people always do a summer run to make sure everything operates before it gets cold.
I'm convinced that my landlord is evil or lazy.

I'm leaning toward the latter because our oven has been broken for a month and they are still "ordering" the part to fix it. I had to make my lemon-oregano chicken (YUM) in our toaster oven yesterday and accidentally got all butter all over the inside. Go me. I miss having an oven and I don't know how we're going to do the turkey this Thanksgiving if they don't fix it before then.

PS What are cast iron sectional boilers? Educate me. I have no idea what you're talking about. I could google, though...couldn't I...
You could Google it...or I could tell you.  Basically the boiler uses cast iron sections rather than tubes (these sections are smaller, generally heavier but smaller) so the boiler can be brought in and put together like an $11,000 Lego set.  Larger boilers are often put in while the building is being built since they are too big to go in through regular, non-elephant sized, doorways.  A cast iron sectional boiler can be used in an existing building, just each section is wheeled in one at a time and then the trim, controls, etc., are added and it is piped into the existing system.  Smaller ones are built on the same concept but most of the ones we sell are already assembled.  The big ones are in pieces.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,272
Reaction score
115
Points
63
Age
41
IsmiLiora
Nekulturny
OC.net guru

Online

Faith: Catechumen waiting to take the next step
Jurisdiction: GOA
Posts: 2,460

Can I have your nose?
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,272
Reaction score
115
Points
63
Age
41
I like watching Biggest Loser with a bag of donuts in my lap. Time for the show! Wheeeeee!
 

Jonathan Gress

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
5,541
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Personally I'm jealous of how many nose hairs that guy (girl?) has. If only I weren't a compulsive plucker.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Vamrat, thanks for the explanation. I am assuming that you work with boilers. :p I'm surprised we actually aren't getting one that could be put together so quickly, like you described. But the apartment building I'm living in was built in the 30s (I love how sturdy it is!) and maybe that has something to do with it.

My little space heater in my office is sufficing for the moment, luckily. And someone gave Mr. Ismi and I these matching AMAZZZING blankets for wedding presents. I can't recommend them enough. That should tide us over for the weather transition. (That's what I realized -- once it's been 40 degrees for a few weeks, I'm okay, but I can't stand the initial temperature drop.)

Asterisk, ICK!

My line has to do with the woman in my avatar, singer Regina Spektor. I love fairly big, interesting noses on both men and women, and she's got a nice one. I don't want the one in the picture you posted!

 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Fourth time in as many weeks, car broken down.

Even when things are going well. Not fun.

What I wouldn't give my old mechanic back. Cheap, good, pick up the car, drop it off. Cocaine IS a helluva drug. darn.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
It's about 75 degrees and my body is getting very confused. I get sick with extreme temperature changes. Oh, joy.

Escaped to do some errands briefly because the whole place smells like gas. Plus, some P.I.T.A in my apartment turned the shower to the "annihilate" setting and it's stuck there. My upper arms are still red. Who wants their shower to turn into a fire hose? Seriously.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
orthonorm said:
Fourth time in as many weeks, car broken down.

Even when things are going well. Not fun.

What I wouldn't give my old mechanic back. Cheap, good, pick up the car, drop it off. Cocaine IS a helluva drug. darn.
Actually it never really "broke" down. It just needed maintenance. The third time confirm (to me at least) a fear I am having tested: blown head gasket and probably a cracked head.

$9 / day . . . I dunno.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,272
Reaction score
115
Points
63
Age
41
So like me you are going to be doomed to walking and riding the bus? Sucks to be you, if so.

Also, how did a fly get into my apartment? All the doors and windows are closed, except for a split second when I'm going in and out once a day. I think they're getting in through the air vents. Have to be.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,272
Reaction score
115
Points
63
Age
41
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Unfair! My apology was whisked away when the thread which shall not be named was locked down!

Ecco Homo! Hier stehe ich! Ich kann nicht anders. Gott helfe mir! And all that.

Que sera sera . . . C'est la vie . . . So ist das Leben eben . . .
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!

 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
akimori makoto said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
LMAO
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
akimori makoto said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
LMAO
Come visit!

Darn cameras! And deleted threads! lulz.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
akimori makoto said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
LMAO
Come visit!
Maybe on my road trip to Pittsburgh, hope to buy Justin a few beers.

BTW I had a dream two nights ago about this very avatar, crazy deja vu.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
akimori makoto said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
LMAO
Come visit!
Maybe on my road trip to Pittsburgh, hope to buy Justin a few beers.

BTW I had a dream two nights ago about this very avatar, crazy deja vu.
On second thought . . . I think I will do quite well living in America's Most Dangerous Neighborhood (TM)*

*fluctuates periodically from 5th to 1st.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
akimori makoto said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
LMAO
Come visit!
Maybe on my road trip to Pittsburgh, hope to buy Justin a few beers.

BTW I had a dream two nights ago about this very avatar, crazy deja vu.
On second thought . . . I think I will do quite well living in America's Most Dangerous Neighborhood (TM)*

*fluctuates periodically from 5th to 1st.
The site that pulled the address had a Google Street View, talk about some scary stuff...
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
akimori makoto said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Regarding the newly found pic of orthonorm... I knew he was a dork, I just knew it. From the moment I first saw him, talking about how Nietzsche was misunderstood and all that crap, I knew he was one of us. Had to be. And now there is visual, undeniable, glorious proof.  Awesome!
Wait
I demand this debasement of my imagine to end now!

lulz. Since it got zarked. Well played achronos!
I have to say, all the stuff about rolling with gangs, &c., has started to become less believable, haha.
LMAO
Come visit!
Maybe on my road trip to Pittsburgh, hope to buy Justin a few beers.

BTW I had a dream two nights ago about this very avatar, crazy deja vu.
On second thought . . . I think I will do quite well living in America's Most Dangerous Neighborhood (TM)*

*fluctuates periodically from 5th to 1st.
The site that pulled the address had a Google Street View, talk about some scary stuff...
Am I going to have to forward your info to the cyberstalking folk?

Everyone, this is what you get for helping someone out in RL. I will be glorified one day for the abuse I take in my name.

My neighborhood is a ponderous study of American extremity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-Rhine

The local wikipedians keep erasing the neighborhood crime data versus the rest of nation as determined by a bunch of insurance actuaries and race riot we had 10 years ago.

The Gateway corridor is lulz. It is 3/4 a block of high end niche restaurants and bars attempting to "re-vitalize" the area. Cops basically shut the area down at night for the young, pretty, and rich to play.

And a block away you can find prostitutes and dope boys all over the map.

All sorta differences the way white flight happened here in Cincinnati than in the rest of America, except OTR, where pretty much everyone sorta hit the road.

And yet nearly every damn abandoned building is historically preserved. And the neighborhood is nearly vacant and huge (places to klll people). But the areas which are lived in other than a few streets like mine are about as dicey as I have lived in the States. Dicier. That whole highest crime rate thing.



 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
I was surprised you provided your full name on the email. Sorry I like to pull up info on someone who I'm discussing with, like background info. It's amazing what you can find in a matter of minutes. Part of the reason I did search your name was an incident that occured to a close friend of mine a few years ago, and ever since been the most skpetical and cynical person when it comes to online personas.

Hopefully I didn't offend, although my humor has gone out of bounds on numerous occasions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I'm more interested on why you are living there.
 

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
It's about 75 degrees and my body is getting very confused. I get sick with extreme temperature changes. Oh, joy.

Escaped to do some errands briefly because the whole place smells like gas. Plus, some P.I.T.A in my apartment turned the shower to the "annihilate" setting and it's stuck there. My upper arms are still red. Who wants their shower to turn into a fire hose? Seriously.
Anyone would get sick with a fire hose shower and a gassy scent wafting into their system. Have you had it checked?
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Achronos said:
I was surprised you provided your full name on the email. Sorry I like to pull up info on someone who I'm discussing with, like background info. It's amazing what you can find in a matter of minutes. Part of the reason I did search your name was an incident that occured to a close friend of mine a few years ago, and ever since been the most skpetical and cynical person when it comes to online personas.

Hopefully I didn't offend, although my humor has gone out of bounds on numerous occasions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I'm more interested on why you are living there.
Not at all. I was being tongue in cheek.

I am too lazy anymore once I move discussions off line to care about such stuff, like using fake email accounts once I figure the person is halfway sane.

What I say is true. Or true as much a good story will allow me to tell the truth.

If anyone wanted to find out anything about me, they could easily from all the jibberish I post here.

You didn't have change your avatar. //:=) Really. It was hilarious. And if I can dish it especially in that which will not be named, I can take it.

Was just giving it back.

The reasons I live where I do:

Centrally located.

Cheap and nice.

Nice street. (recently break-ins over last month, about 10, but I don't care about that stuff)
I grew up in urban or rural environments. I don't understand the suburbs much less live in an apartment there. An hour drive to work is outta the question. So urban it is and not of the well monied variety. I can walk to work in an hour if I wanted to or bus it in about 40 including walking time.
I love my neighborhood. It has a lot of potential, just not the same kind the "Arts" community sees in it.
I am known and a regular having lived basically on the street acting like a moron. And now that I am halfway sane I am going to split for whiteyville?
Helps me stay easily in touch with those I was like and can help in modest way.

It is cheap and nice.

It is crazy, I've went on about the prostitutes I talk with all the time in chat, well here is this story:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/19970360/detail.html

While my street is charming. I can walk to the end and hit that corner with a rock. Used to have up to 13, I kid you not, girls working a single corner. I was literally stopped one Sunday morning going to DL by a few girls see what was up. I was heading out earlier to run some errands first.

Little known fact, the business kicks in around sunrise after all the desperate men are done at the after party.

Did I mention the cheap part?

This is one of the reasons I live where I do and where the real promise lies:

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/7371-8061/tuckers

On a Saturday morning there is a line of people waiting to eat breakfast in what is certainly one of the dangerous parts of America. A friend and owner of the restaurant was shot last year in a "walk by". Everyone said no one would show up and business would end: for the next month people lined up before they opened with food in hand read to help out and eat. Blacks in the area, nerdy white trash like me, some hipsters, Franciscans, gays, middle class regular who shop at the urban Farmer's market.

It is one of the few places is this city divided by a highway that splits just the working class and white collar white folks apart do you see everyday all sorta of people together and enjoying each others' company and the food is fantastic.

Ma Tucker just turned 93. They serve cheap breakfast sandwiches and let folks run a tab till the first of the month who are tight on money till the government check comes in.

What was this post about?

Did I say it was cheap?

My street is a nicer one. The switchback has recently build castles inhabited by the wealthy. Cincinnati is odd. Wealth and extreme poverty within the city are so separated as in other places. Sociologists ponder.

But the city and White People would like to revitalize and rehab all the historically protected properties which lie vacant and they are not aloud to tear down.

I would like to see mixed housing and a lot less of the "arts" crowd.

No sweat on the photo and commentary. I deserve it and expounded on it in the thread not to be named.

Again, I about died laughing.

No problems.





 

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Certain parts of Soho are like that here. A lot of it is artsy and money driven if you are the right sort of person but there are still places where the food is basic but tastes amazing and is cheap because you're not walking into an up market restaurant but what resembles someones kitchen - diner. If you don't mind sitting bunched up on a bench around a table where random food appears and everyone eats for a set price. Authentic, great atmosphere and the food is cheap but wonderful. People don't hang around to socialise either, they're there to eat and then they go. Most places like that are movable feasts though because most are unlicenced so you have to be a regular to know where they are.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,272
Reaction score
115
Points
63
Age
41
Achronos said:
Anyway, I'm more interested on why you are living there.
Yo, would he have as much street cred if he lived in Greenwich CT?
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FountainPen said:
Certain parts of Soho are like that here. A lot of it is artsy and money driven if you are the right sort of person but there are still places where the food is basic but tastes amazing and is cheap because you're not walking into an up market restaurant but what resembles someones kitchen - diner. If you don't mind sitting bunched up on a bench around a table where random food appears and everyone eats for a set price. Authentic, great atmosphere and the food is cheap but wonderful. People don't hang around to socialise either, they're there to eat and then they go. Most places like that are movable feasts though because most are unlicenced so you have to be a regular to know where they are.
Are there dope boys on bike selling the latest variant of dog? Or the Korean grocer stocked with Chore-Boy and Glass Roses across the street?
 

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
0
Points
0
orthonorm said:
FountainPen said:
Certain parts of Soho are like that here. A lot of it is artsy and money driven if you are the right sort of person but there are still places where the food is basic but tastes amazing and is cheap because you're not walking into an up market restaurant but what resembles someones kitchen - diner. If you don't mind sitting bunched up on a bench around a table where random food appears and everyone eats for a set price. Authentic, great atmosphere and the food is cheap but wonderful. People don't hang around to socialise either, they're there to eat and then they go. Most places like that are movable feasts though because most are unlicenced so you have to be a regular to know where they are.
Are there dope boys on bike selling the latest variant of dog? Or the Korean grocer stocked with Chore-Boy and Glass Roses across the street?
If you veer off the high-end path, yeah
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
FountainPen said:
orthonorm said:
FountainPen said:
Certain parts of Soho are like that here. A lot of it is artsy and money driven if you are the right sort of person but there are still places where the food is basic but tastes amazing and is cheap because you're not walking into an up market restaurant but what resembles someones kitchen - diner. If you don't mind sitting bunched up on a bench around a table where random food appears and everyone eats for a set price. Authentic, great atmosphere and the food is cheap but wonderful. People don't hang around to socialise either, they're there to eat and then they go. Most places like that are movable feasts though because most are unlicenced so you have to be a regular to know where they are.
Are there dope boys on bike selling the latest variant of dog? Or the Korean grocer stocked with Chore-Boy and Glass Roses across the street?
If you veer off the high-end path, yeah
Didn't think there were Koreans in the UK . . .

darn it.

Well my neighborhood is just like that but inverted. You have to stumble onto the 4 or 5 non crime ridden blocks.

But those are the boring ones. But the tastier ones, well depending on what you are looking to buy.

EDIT: And we have machete wielding chupacabra trained by Columbian warlords as well.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
FountainPen said:
IsmiLiora said:
It's about 75 degrees and my body is getting very confused. I get sick with extreme temperature changes. Oh, joy.

Escaped to do some errands briefly because the whole place smells like gas. Plus, some P.I.T.A in my apartment turned the shower to the "annihilate" setting and it's stuck there. My upper arms are still red. Who wants their shower to turn into a fire hose? Seriously.
Anyone would get sick with a fire hose shower and a gassy scent wafting into their system. Have you had it checked?
Ha! I'm not surprised.

The gas scent is because the maintenance men are replacing the boiler.

Worked until 1 and I am back up again for more. Had to do errands, cooking, whatever yesterday and pushed work back too much.

Just found out that I might have to go on a severe diet to combat my health issues. Not again. :(
 

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
0
Points
0
orthonorm said:
FountainPen said:
orthonorm said:
FountainPen said:
Certain parts of Soho are like that here. A lot of it is artsy and money driven if you are the right sort of person but there are still places where the food is basic but tastes amazing and is cheap because you're not walking into an up market restaurant but what resembles someones kitchen - diner. If you don't mind sitting bunched up on a bench around a table where random food appears and everyone eats for a set price. Authentic, great atmosphere and the food is cheap but wonderful. People don't hang around to socialise either, they're there to eat and then they go. Most places like that are movable feasts though because most are unlicenced so you have to be a regular to know where they are.
Are there dope boys on bike selling the latest variant of dog? Or the Korean grocer stocked with Chore-Boy and Glass Roses across the street?
If you veer off the high-end path, yeah
Didn't think there were Koreans in the UK . . .

darn it.

Well my neighborhood is just like that but inverted. You have to stumble onto the 4 or 5 non crime ridden blocks.

But those are the boring ones. But the tastier ones, well depending on what you are looking to buy.

EDIT: And we have machete wielding chupacabra trained by Columbian warlords as well.
You win <wink>
 

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
FountainPen said:
IsmiLiora said:
It's about 75 degrees and my body is getting very confused. I get sick with extreme temperature changes. Oh, joy.

Escaped to do some errands briefly because the whole place smells like gas. Plus, some P.I.T.A in my apartment turned the shower to the "annihilate" setting and it's stuck there. My upper arms are still red. Who wants their shower to turn into a fire hose? Seriously.
Anyone would get sick with a fire hose shower and a gassy scent wafting into their system. Have you had it checked?
Ha! I'm not surprised.

The gas scent is because the maintenance men are replacing the boiler.

Worked until 1 and I am back up again for more. Had to do errands, cooking, whatever yesterday and pushed work back too much.

Just found out that I might have to go on a severe diet to combat my health issues. Not again. :(
That would max my stress levels
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
My stupid office made a mistake on a file that they originally assigned me. At the time, they agreed that there was no transcribable (not a word) material for the client in that file, and they are NOW telling me, one month later, that the client needs the file. And they have messed up several of my files this week, I am JUST getting today's work now, and they are trying to pass this nightmare of a tape onto me.  :mad:
 
Top