Random Postings

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
New ground rules: Friends dating friends are not allowed.

One of my closest friends is dating Mr. Ismi's best friend, and now the arguments and conflict are getting worse. We got along perfectly for YEARS before this, but of course she feels that she must side with her boyfriend (don't blame her, although I think he's wrong). It was really awkward to talk to her yesterday.  :mad:

Another one of Mr. Ismi's friends just asked about one of MY other friends. We haven't divulged it to either party but they have both been interested in each other for months. We never said anything because his guy friend was in a relationship at a time.

I am tired of our friends hooking up and I wish I could institute a no-dating rule.  :p Everyone told us that it would be great for all of us to hang out together, but I feel like everyone is just getting resentful of the other person's original friend.

Wow, how confusing was this post?!

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I know that all too well. A friend of mine recently got enganged to Mr Right who is another friend's Mr Last Year and it's making for some awkward texts. Your rule should include exs as well.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
FountainPen said:
I know that all too well. A friend of mine recently got enganged to Mr Right who is another friend's Mr Last Year and it's making for some awkward texts. Your rule should include exs as well.
THAT'S going to be an awkward wedding.

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
FountainPen said:
THAT'S going to be an awkward wedding.
Tell me about it, hopefully it'll all be a bit more relaxed by then and we'll be able to joke about it.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I signed up for an art class last year, with the focus being the nude human body. Everyone took a turn being the model for the rest of the class. This was the reaction when I was the nude model:

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
AH I was just going to post that link! It's HILARIOUS!

Nightmares Fear Factory Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightmaresfearfactory/

Is your story true? ;)

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
AH I was just going to post that link! It's HILARIOUS!

Nightmares Fear Factory Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightmaresfearfactory/

Is your story true? ;)
From the look on their faces, why should we doubt his word?  :D

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Is turning down a $300,000 a year pro soccer contract to stay in school and get my degree a dumb idea? Because my whole family thinks so...

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Is turning down a $300,000 a year pro soccer contract to stay in school and get my degree a dumb idea? Because my whole family thinks so...
Billy Beane.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
celticfan1888 said:
Billy Beane.
LOL Good point. Although, I am not sure if that's a positive statement or an insult.  ;)

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The thing is if you were to drop college and go pro, who knows what could happen in the future? Atleast you know more about your future in school than out of it.

300K a year is alot of dough, my good friend plays for the Carolina Panthers and only makes around 100k-ish, yeah he's a rookie too.

How long is that contract?

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Online school is a possibility, but there are big risks with being an athlete. Don't necessarily think it's stupid, but a tough decision to make.

Congrats on the contract!

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Yeah, most of college is a racket. Take the contract, for God's sake!!!

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
The thing is if you were to drop college and go pro, who knows what could happen in the future? Atleast you know more about your future in school than out of it.

300K a year is alot of dough, my good friend plays for the Carolina Panthers and only makes around 100k-ish, yeah he's a rookie too.

How long is that contract?
Yeah, problem is it is to play in Germany. lol.

And it's only 1 year, with an option of 2 more depending.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Cognomen said:
Couldn't you go back to school later?

Also, wouldn't your contract include clauses to ditch a lot of the other sporting stuff you do? 
I could...but I doubt I would...I know myself too well. lol

And heck yeah. Id have to practically stop doing other sports.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
JKing. You know what you've got to do. There are very good arguments for both options.

But seriously, $300,000? There wouldn't be much that I WOULDN'T do for that money, sad to say.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
...so, I was uploading some photos to Facebook....and it noted the "faces" of my friends and was prompting me to "tag" them.

Half of the faces it squared off were saints, depicted in icons!

LOL!!!    :D

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
People taking photos of the iconostasis must have a heckuva time uploading pics to Facebook.  :laugh:

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Ignore everyone but me.

Take the offer.

No online school.

No girlfriend.

Don't even worry about your future.

You have plenty of time for school if that is needed later. You are very young and ain't dropping out just to kick around the country in a van with your buds playing music.

This is big leagues boy.

Focus.

You have it or you wouldn't be here.

No school. No girl.

They don't exist for they next year or so.

Full on soccer.

If you do otherwise, you know it as well I as I do, you will regret it later.

The only reason you are posting it here besides wanting egotistical props, which are deserved, is because you already know what you are going to do and want others to support you. Even a buncha strangers on the internetz.

One time thing.

You did it.

Don't wuss out.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
What FC is it?

othornom no school? What gives? And no girlfriend?

Explainz
Do you put on hold a relationship that is probably going to go nowhere and a life you can easily go back to for something you are supremely gifted to do and enjoy for $300,000 / year with the chance to be among the greatest and up your gift?

The only answer is yes.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
It's Germany. That is a game changer. (At least for me.)
Who cares where it is.

Nearly anyone on this board in his relative position would nearly kill to be in it, when they were his age.

Good for him.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
What FC is it?

Explainz
Do you put on hold a relationship that is probably going to go nowhere and a life you can easily go back to for something you are supremely gifted to do and enjoy for $300,000 / year with the chance to be among the greatest and up your gift?

The only answer is yes.
I agree with this except for the relationship bit.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
Who cares where it is.

Nearly anyone on this board in his relative position would nearly kill to be in it, when they were his age.

Good for him.
I know. But I think that + seeing the world also adds more to it. My two cents. It sounds like a great experience, although I would personally have a hard time tearing myself away from school. But not everybody has to make that jump right away.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
What FC is it?

Explainz

The only answer is yes.
I agree with this except for the relationship bit.
Many have screwed their dreams for a young romance. When your dreams are tiny, a relationship can be had, when you go big time and you are just starting to get into one, time to get out and have a singular goal.

That is not to say he can play the field so to speak . . .

But I guess that wouldn't be Christian.

I am just saying no American college relationship should be entering the equation here. This is serious stuff. This ain't college puppy love soccerz.

Unless she is gong along and in fully on board team Celtic Fan. And that is almost never the case. I've seen people lose less over as much.

Celtic represent OC.net.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
Who cares where it is.

Good for him.
I know. But I think that + seeing the world also adds more to it. My two cents. It sounds like a great experience, although I would personally have a hard time tearing myself away from school. But not everybody has to make that jump right away.
BS. Someone gave you $300,000 for a year to possibly be at the world top level of doing what you love, you wouldn't have put school on hold for a year? For something where you might make your mark among the greatest where school is irrelevant for your life?

Nonsense.

But most of us don't get these chances, cause we don't have that degree of giftedness in things the world so values and also lack the focus to really craft those skills.

CF does so far.

Ain't many humans on the planet getting CF's chance. If you ain't been in that position or close to someone who has been, it is easy to write off for many reasons.

Go CF!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Many have screwed their dreams for a young romance.
Keyword is on many, not all.

As someone who was ditched for a scholarship, I can tell you she regrets it everyday.

When your dreams are tiny, a relationship can be had, when you go big time and you are just starting to get into one, time to get out and have a singular goal.
Considering celtic just got into a new relationship maybe it's easier for him to let that person go.

Me personally would I choose 300k for one year and give up a relationship that could outvalue that amount over time?

Fame, money, etc never meant anything to me.

I am just saying no American college relationship should be entering the equation here. This is serious stuff. This ain't college puppy love soccerz.
I know plenty of American college relationships that have become great marriages, again it comes down to if celtic values the relationship enough to stay, I would assume not.

But if it was a longterm relationship with true marriage potential, would I put that aside for a 300k/one year gig? My answer would be no.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Congrats cf, I hope things work out whatever you decide... sounds like an awesome opportunity though. :)

Reaction score
Strangely, considering how much I hate sports and value romantic relationships, I actually agree entirely and completely with this.

orthonorm said:
celticfan1888 said:
Ignore everyone but me.

Take the offer.

No online school.

No girlfriend.

Don't even worry about your future.

You have plenty of time for school if that is needed later. You are very young and ain't dropping out just to kick around the country in a van with your buds playing music.

This is big leagues boy.

Focus.

You have it or you wouldn't be here.

No school. No girl.

They don't exist for they next year or so.

Full on soccer.

If you do otherwise, you know it as well I as I do, you will regret it later.

The only reason you are posting it here besides wanting egotistical props, which are deserved, is because you already know what you are going to do and want others to support you. Even a buncha strangers on the internetz.

One time thing.

You did it.

Don't wuss out.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos, you are one romantic dude.

I would just FOLLOW Mr. Ismi for 300 grand! LOL. He doesn't have to choose me. I won't be offended.  :laugh:

Reaction score
The flipside is that if the relationship is so great, it can survive the distance.

Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Many have screwed their dreams for a young romance.
Keyword is on many, not all.

As someone who was ditched for a scholarship, I can tell you she regrets it everyday.

When your dreams are tiny, a relationship can be had, when you go big time and you are just starting to get into one, time to get out and have a singular goal.
Considering celtic just got into a new relationship maybe it's easier for him to let that person go.

Me personally would I choose 300k for one year and give up a relationship that could outvalue that amount over time?

Fame, money, etc never meant anything to me.

I know plenty of American college relationships that have become great marriages, again it comes down to if celtic values the relationship enough to stay, I would assume not.

But if it was a longterm relationship with true marriage potential, would I put that aside for a 300k/one year gig? My answer would be no.