Random Postings

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
IsmiLiora said:
Are you...sure you are a woman?  ;)
Ha! I cannot name a hot Aussie off the top of my head (I'm sure there are many, but I'm blanking).

Country singers just don't do it for me. I was listening to "Ladies Love Country Boys" once and I couldn't stop crying, I was laughing so hard.  ;)

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
celticfan1888 said:
Achronos said:
celtic if you do go, I want an autographed jersey please.
Yes sir! Even though I am sure I'll never be good enough for it to be worth anything.  :)
What position do you play?
Several positions, mostly Centre Forward or a Second Striker. But I can also play Attacking Midfield, or Defensive Midfield, and do on a regular basis.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Country singers just don't do it for me. I was listening to "Ladies Love Country Boys" once and I couldn't stop crying, I was laughing so hard.  ;)
That song made me want to be a country boy so bad, living in Louisiana they love the TWANG thang.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
IsmiLiora said:
That song made me want to be a country boy so bad, living in Louisiana they love the TWANG thang.
I was going to say, aren't you a country boy? :p

I guess more jock than stereotypical country boy.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
Haha, how cool are you guys? I <3 you.

I also enjoy southern accents. I want one.

And southern accents are so hard to do, though after working on it for the past few years I can finally do a decent one from time to time.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
akimori makoto said:
Haha, how cool are you guys? I <3 you.

I also enjoy southern accents. I want one.

And southern accents are so hard to do, though after working on it for the past few years I can finally do a decent one from time to time.
I can do a pretty convincing West Nebraska southern accent.  It ain't really the real thing but pretty close.  Especially if you're a furriner, then you probably can't tell the difference.  I lived in Jo-gah for a while and can kinda pull that one off.  Texas is a bit too twangy.  My buddy from back in the day was from Florida and had a pretty heavy Boomhauer accent (yes, some people are actually from Florida).

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
I can do a pretty convincing West Nebraska southern accent.  It ain't really the real thing but pretty close.  Especially if you're a furriner, then you probably can't tell the difference.  I lived in Jo-gah for a while and can kinda pull that one off.  Texas is a bit too twangy.  My buddy from back in the day was from Florida and had a pretty heavy Boomhauer accent (yes, some people are actually from Florida).
I could hardly read that paragraph. XD

What's a furriner? lol

Does Jo-gah = Georgia?

Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
akimori makoto said:
What's with that accent everyone in American sitcoms seems to have that doesn't seem to reflect at all what the Americans I've met sound like?
Examples?  :)
Everyone on Friends other than Joey?

Maybe it's just that I don't have the subtle ear required to tell them apart, but everyone on American tv seems to sound like that.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
celticfan1888 said:
akimori makoto said:
What's with that accent everyone in American sitcoms seems to have that doesn't seem to reflect at all what the Americans I've met sound like?
Examples?  :)
Everyone on Friends other than Joey?

Maybe it's just that I don't have the subtle ear required to tell them apart, but everyone on American tv seems to sound like that.
Many areas of the states have the same accent to me. The variants to me are: Southern, New Yorker, High North (almost canadian) and Northwest US. Other than those, they are practically the same.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Akimori and our Aussie/British brothers should totally record a video like this:

My American Accent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJ3yzUPbL0

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Akimori and our Aussie/British brothers should totally record a video like this:

My American Accent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJ3yzUPbL0
Aaargh.  That furriner needs to go back to Mexico or France or wherever he came from and learn how to speak proper 'merican then try agin.  He's not at all convincing, unlike that doctor House character.  Now he can talk like a real American even if he is from Zimbabwe or wherever.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
vamrat said:
I could hardly read that paragraph. XD

What's a furriner? lol

Does Jo-gah = Georgia?
Yessir, Jo-gah = Georgia - the State that invented y'all.  The rest was just copying.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
celticfan1888 said:
Ray Comfort, my favorite Kiwi...and blithering idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4
Well as long as were putting forward youtube-videos-of-people-with-accents-who-are-involved-in-the-creationism-debate...

http://youtu.be/Viw7MpXU4GU
SHE IS TOTALLY GETTING AWAY WITH THAT **** JUST BECAUSE OF THAT ACCENT.

Grr.

And Hugh Laurie is tres impressive, I must agree with Mr. Vam-Rat over here.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Asteriktos said:
celticfan1888 said:
Ray Comfort, my favorite Kiwi...and blithering idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4
Well as long as were putting forward youtube-videos-of-people-with-accents-who-are-involved-in-the-creationism-debate...

http://youtu.be/Viw7MpXU4GU
SHE IS TOTALLY GETTING AWAY WITH THAT **** JUST BECAUSE OF THAT ACCENT.

Grr.

And Hugh Laurie is tres impressive, I must agree with Mr. Vam-Rat over here.
Ever seen Black Adder, specifically Black Adder Goes Forth?  Hugh Laurie and Rowan Atkinson but their famous roles are reversed!  All set in the trenches of The Great War.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
FountainPen said:
akimori makoto said:
celticfan1888 said:
akimori makoto said:
I think I'd get more girls that way.
If you want more women, start looking and singing like the second greatest Aussie ever...Keith Urban
Female opinion, please?
That initial "No" is seconded.
If I were gay I would third the "No".  He looks like an ugly Bruce Willis minus all the awesome and plus hair that is just begging to be made into a mullet.

FountainPen

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
That person said:
IsmiLiora said:
celticfan1888 said:
IsmiLiora said:
Are you...sure you are a woman?  ;)
Ha! I cannot name a hot Aussie off the top of my head (I'm sure there are many, but I'm blanking).]
My female friends seem to regard Mr. Hugh Jackman pretty well.
Only if he comes complete with those useful kitchen hands other than that, not interesting enough.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey othonorm,

Did you say something along the lines of you shouldn't have something if you are afraid of losing it? I can't remember the exact quote, or if that was from you...was wondering if someone can repeat that.

I'm really nervous and getting way too prideful over a home purchase, and need to calm down a bit.

Cognomen

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Archdiocese of Baghdad, Kuwait and Dependencies
vamrat said:
If I were gay I would third the "No".  He looks like an ugly Bruce Willis minus all the awesome and plus hair that is just begging to be made into a mullet.
4th the "No" (or 2nd the "If I were gay" "No").  I thought it was Billy Ray Cyrus at first.  In fact, I'm still not sure it's not Billy Ray Cyrus.

Why No Russell Crowe mentioned?