Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Achronos said:
"Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little." -- Gore Vidal

"There is something in the misfortune of our best friends which does not displease us."      
-François La Rochefoucauld-​




Selam
“Shared joys make a friend, not shared sufferings" -Nietzsche
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
orthonorm said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Achronos said:
"Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little." -- Gore Vidal

"There is something in the misfortune of our best friends which does not displease us."      
-François La Rochefoucauld-​




Selam
“Shared joys make a friend, not shared sufferings" -Nietzsche
“And if your friend does evil to you, say to him, ''I forgive you for what you did to me, but how can I forgive you for what you did to yourself?''” -Nietzsche
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
orthonorm said:
orthonorm said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Achronos said:
"Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little." -- Gore Vidal

"There is something in the misfortune of our best friends which does not displease us."      
-François La Rochefoucauld-​




Selam
“Shared joys make a friend, not shared sufferings" -Nietzsche
“And if your friend does evil to you, say to him, ''I forgive you for what you did to me, but how can I forgive you for what you did to yourself?''” -Nietzsche
And you thought you knew him . . . But this is what you usually get all out of context:

“The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.” - Nietzsche
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Omaha
biro said:
"He said, 'I was looking for my burrow owl.'" - the Dead Milkmen
You win.

"It's a beach party Vietnam, surfing with the Viet Cong, cooking hot dogs with napalm, it's beach party Vietnam!"
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
I didn't want to start a separate thread for this, but Mr. Ismi and I met with our future sponsors tonight.  :) They were great. I had only spoken to them for 20 minutes or so at a time before this, but we got to know them even more and some of the parallels between both couples are pretty astounding. Who knew?

Bringing my chrismation one step closer! I'm very excited!  :D

In other news, I'll probably be up working until 2.  :-\

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers in the thread I started in the prayer forum. SO excited to become Orthodox and I look forward to having a good relationship with them.
 

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Congrats!  And yes, you will be working until 2 if you keep posting here. :)



IsmiLiora said:
I didn't want to start a separate thread for this, but Mr. Ismi and I met with our future sponsors tonight.  :) They were great. I had only spoken to them for 20 minutes or so at a time before this, but we got to know them even more and some of the parallels between both couples are pretty astounding. Who knew?

Bringing my chrismation one step closer! I'm very excited!  :D

In other news, I'll probably be up working until 2.  :-\

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers in the thread I started in the prayer forum. SO excited to become Orthodox and I look forward to having a good relationship with them.
 

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Achronos said:
Fun fact: I think In-N-Out is overrated. Ready for blasphemy in 3..2..1..
You speak truth amongst a sea of heretics. 
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Ionnis said:
Achronos said:
Fun fact: I think In-N-Out is overrated. Ready for blasphemy in 3..2..1..
You speak truth amongst a sea of heretics. 
You a burger afficianado? What's the best burger you ever had and where? Making it from home doesn't count either.
 

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Achronos said:
Ionnis said:
Achronos said:
Fun fact: I think In-N-Out is overrated. Ready for blasphemy in 3..2..1..
You speak truth amongst a sea of heretics. 
You a burger afficianado? What's the best burger you ever had and where? Making it from home doesn't count either.
Not, not an aficionado.  Don't eat much beef at all actually.  Actually didn't eat it at all until relatively recently.  However, every one was raving about "In-N-Out", so I figured I would try it.  I was disgusted.  The bun tasted like grease, completely overwhelming.  I couldn't taste the meat in the burger.  Oh, and the french fries tasted like play-doh.  I had a good burger at some restaurant on Third Street in Santa Monica, but don't remember the name of the place. The best burger from a place I can remember would have to be "Farmer Boys". 
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
In-N-Outs burgers are definietly covered in grease, esp the bun. Honestly I liked the fries the best there but the burger was wildly overhyped.

Cheeseburgers used to be my favorite item. I would get a CB even from Red Lobster when they had it, I was obssesed.

Best burger I ever had was surprisingly from a chain restuarant by the name of Fudruckers. Perfection. Too bad they closed near my location.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
Achronos said:
In-N-Outs burgers are definietly covered in grease, esp the bun. Honestly I liked the fries the best there but the burger was wildly overhyped.

Cheeseburgers used to be my favorite item. I would get a CB even from Red Lobster when they had it, I was obssesed.

Best burger I ever had was surprisingly from a chain restuarant by the name of Fudruckers. Perfection. Too bad they closed near my location.
Fuddruckers... Not the name you want to get mixed up in a Spoonerism... 8)
 

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Fuddruckers?!  Wow, I forgot about that place.  Yeah, they have good burgers. 
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
PeterTheAleut said:
Achronos said:
In-N-Outs burgers are definietly covered in grease, esp the bun. Honestly I liked the fries the best there but the burger was wildly overhyped.

Cheeseburgers used to be my favorite item. I would get a CB even from Red Lobster when they had it, I was obssesed.

Best burger I ever had was surprisingly from a chain restuarant by the name of Fudruckers. Perfection. Too bad they closed near my location.
Fuddruckers... Not the name you want to get mixed up in a Spoonerism... 8)
Indeed ...

 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Achronos said:
Oh one last thing:

"Chronic Exaggerator"

You and my gf both
It's a total compulsion. Every .0001 seconds, I can't help exaggerating.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
PeterTheAleut said:
Achronos said:
In-N-Outs burgers are definietly covered in grease, esp the bun. Honestly I liked the fries the best there but the burger was wildly overhyped.

Cheeseburgers used to be my favorite item. I would get a CB even from Red Lobster when they had it, I was obssesed.

Best burger I ever had was surprisingly from a chain restuarant by the name of Fudruckers. Perfection. Too bad they closed near my location.
Fuddruckers... Not the name you want to get mixed up in a Spoonerism... 8)
LOL
IsmiLiora said:
Achronos said:
Oh one last thing:

"Chronic Exaggerator"

You and my gf both
It's a total compulsion. Every .0001 seconds, I can't help exaggerating.
I hate it when my gf says the apartment looks disgusting or needs cleaning when there are like 4 loose leaf papers on the table and a coat over a chair, and that's it.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
PeterTheAleut said:
IsmiLiora said:
Achronos said:
Oh one last thing:

"Chronic Exaggerator"

You and my gf both
It's a total compulsion. Every .0001 seconds, I can't help exaggerating.
You like to be in a Tall Tales exhibition?
That's the only tall part about me! 5'3" and exaggerating her tuz off.

LOL Achronos, she is not an exaggerator. She is a clean freak. Shape up! ;)

I like to think that my exaggerations are completely off the chart, so as to alert people that, HELLO, I AM STRETCHING THE TRUTH. Ex: "I was so hungry that I ate like 30282 burgers for lunch!" If you don't know that the statement is not factually true, you need help.

However, when I'm at a doctor's office or a job interview, or speaking very candidly to a friend, I need to bite my tongue and think before I speak.

Wish I could shake the nasty habit.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,179
Reaction score
15
Points
38
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
IsmiLiora said:
I didn't want to start a separate thread for this, but Mr. Ismi and I met with our future sponsors tonight.  :) They were great. I had only spoken to them for 20 minutes or so at a time before this, but we got to know them even more and some of the parallels between both couples are pretty astounding. Who knew?

Bringing my chrismation one step closer! I'm very excited!  :D

In other news, I'll probably be up working until 2.  :-\

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers in the thread I started in the prayer forum. SO excited to become Orthodox and I look forward to having a good relationship with them.
Mazel tov! Lucky you.  :)
 

genesisone

Archon
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
2,906
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
68
Location
Niagara Region, Ontario
Tomorrow evening I'm going to be modelling men's clothing at a dinner & fashion show fundraiser for breast cancer research.

I suppose I'll have to go to confession Sunday morning for parading around in front of about 300 women (and maybe a dozen men) who really didn't come for the food ::).

Won't have to confess anything to my wife, though. She's modelling too, and is right in front of me in the line (and of course, she's the one who roped me into it  :D).
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
genesisone said:
Tomorrow evening I'm going to be modelling men's clothing at a dinner & fashion show fundraiser for breast cancer research.

I suppose I'll have to go to confession Sunday morning for parading around in front of about 300 women (and maybe a dozen men) who really didn't come for the food ::).

Won't have to confess anything to my wife, though. She's modelling too, and is right in front of me in the line (and of course, she's the one who roped me into it  :D).
Post pics in the What Does Everyone Look Like thread, haha.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
I hate the term, too, but "fan" didn't seem strong enough of a word.

I am Googling him right now. Frankly, I am not surprised and I would guess that most people do know that a lot of the stuff is completely staged. It was perfectly obvious to me, even without the disclaimer on the show. He's not that great at acting like he "found" random stuff.

But I guess they love his persona. He's good looking, has a great accent, actually has real life street cred when it comes to that...too bad a lot of the show is staged, though. But what can you do when you need ratings?  :-\
 

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
3,920
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
IsmiLiora said:
Aindriú said:
IsmiLiora said:
Do all men have man crushes on Bear Grylls?  ???
He's a fraud. No.
Wait? Fraud? Gossip plz. All the guys I know watch his show but I've never researched him.
All the 'survival' shows are pretty bad, as far as real 'survival' goes, but Grylls capitalizes on hype. That is, doing very odd and unnecessary things. Like jumping in a ice stream, instead of going around, or peeing on a shirt to wrap around his head so he can 'stay cool'. It's sensationalism tv, not really based on actual survival scenarios.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Oh yeah, adding "Better drink my own p***!" to talking about a crisis situation \ is something that my family does constantly!

Yeah, we were watching the urban survival episode, and my husband and I were making fun of him breaking through the roof when there was an open window for him to climb into. Of course it's all for show, but I guess there are some watchers who don't know that!
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
So I'm pretty sure I win the award for biggest retard today.

I had a pair of shoes from Zumiez that I had for about a week that I only wore once, didn't like them anymore (Had to make room for some new Nike's) but the problem was they were a little worn and their Return Policy is they must be in their original condition.

And being the absolute moron that I am, I had to clean them up. Soap and water didn't cut it on the bottom of the sole, since it was dirty, tried Comet and Clorox, no luck. The shoes were soaked and tried to dry them off with napkins.

Anyway I thought I'd take a shot at returning the shoes. Went back to the store and the guy asked why I dont like the shoes anymore, I said "I didn't like it"

So I was hoping he wouldn't take the shoes out of the box, and lo he did. Noticed I wore them on the bottom of the sole and realized they were wet. Then he took a wiff and he smelled the Clorox. He looks up and says "Dude you so wore these and I smell clorox"

I did my best "I have no idea what you are talking about" face and he said "You know I shouldn't be doing this but I'll let you exchange it for something else the similar price, these shoes cant be sold again"

So I got two new shoes and got 66 bucks back.

When the Asst Mgr found out he said "Yo man that is so f***ed up that you can take these back and get some money back, you need to buy two shirts cause we did you a big favor." Guy was a pot head and totally forgot what he just said when the receipt was handed back to me.

Won't show my face in that store again.

Why don't I feel bad? It was his decision to return them, it's amazing what kind of murderous things one can get away with, especially at places like Sam's Club.



obscenity replaced with something more acceptable  -PtA
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Omaha
IsmiLiora said:
Do all men have man crushes on Bear Grylls?  ???
I like his knives.  Otherwise, Les Stroud is a lot better.  I fell asleep many a time watching Survivor Man.  Man vs Wild just doesn't do it for me.

Oh, and my dad pronounces it "Grill-is".  My brother and I laugh frequently about my Bear Grill-is Machete.
 
Top