• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
vamrat said:
IsmiLiora said:
Do all men have man crushes on Bear Grylls?  ???
I like his knives.  Otherwise, Les Stroud is a lot better.  I fell asleep many a time watching Survivor Man.  Man vs Wild just doesn't do it for me.

Oh, and my dad pronounces it "Grill-is".  My brother and I laugh frequently about my Bear Grill-is Machete.
Yessss, Mr. Ismi loves Les Stroud, too. In fact, I asked him which one he'd pick (Grylls vs. Stroud) and he said Stroud hands down.

We also watch Dual Survival and Man, Woman, Wild -- the latter not for any survival tips but because those two are a freaky, older version of the two of us. I swear if we did that show, we would totally get divorced. This is why we don't go into the wild and kill turtles together.

Another mispronunciation story: Mr. Ismi used to pronounce his name "Bear Grimms," which always made me think of the Grimm Brothers. Don't know where he saw that "m."

Celtic! Congrats ;D So now you are going to be moving to Norway?
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,408
Reaction score
125
Points
63
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
For the second time in the past few weeks, some person (can't say what I really want to call him or her) took my bank card number and bought a bunch of stuff. Thank God I checked my account online, or I never would have known. I called the bank right away and they filed reports and put the money back. I'm getting  a new card in the mail. Crimony, do I have bad luck or what?  :'( I think from now on, I'll just put all my money in a sock.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Was visited by more than a few angels of the non-sick variety today.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Melodist said:
orthonorm said:
Was visited by more than a few angels of the non-sick variety today.
Good. I hope this weekend goes as it should.
Every semitic cell in my body just nearly plotz. Oy-Yoy-Yoy!

Please break something quickly to end such a curse!
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
orthonorm said:
Was visited by more than a few angels of the non-sick variety today.
Good for you, my dear!! Hopefully they stay around for the next few days.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
biro said:
For the second time in the past few weeks, some person (can't say what I really want to call him or her) took my bank card number and bought a bunch of stuff. Thank God I checked my account online, or I never would have known. I called the bank right away and they filed reports and put the money back. I'm getting  a new card in the mail. Crimony, do I have bad luck or what?  :'( I think from now on, I'll just put all my money in a sock.
Been there...someone charged $300 on xbox equip on my card...glad you caught it on time!
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
OMG is that Emma Watson giving the Troll face?

BTW I'm praying hard so Bayern Munchen can offer you a contract.
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
Achronos said:
OMG is that Emma Watson giving the Troll face?

BTW I'm praying hard so Bayern Munchen can offer you a contract.
LOL yes.

And me too, I wouldn't mind moving to Bavaria, they are nicer there than hamburg. lol
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
orthonorm said:
I don't understand. Did I missing the post where you said you were accepting the contract you were offered?
Yes, I got offered a contract by one of my favorite football clubs, Rosenborg BK of Trondheim, Norway.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
So, a friend handed us down a feather mattress top a couple of weeks ago, which we intended to use for guests. They said that they were so comfortable that we began to get curious about how it would do on the bed.

....This is the third day in a row that we've overslept by about half an hour or so. It's dangerous, but being bad never felt so good. I hope we're not having more guests any time soon!  :angel:
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
IsmiLiora said:
So, a friend handed us down a feather mattress top a couple of weeks ago, which we intended to use for guests. They said that they were so comfortable that we began to get curious about how it would do on the bed.

....This is the third day in a row that we've overslept by about half an hour or so. It's dangerous, but being bad never felt so good. I hope we're not having more guests any time soon!  :angel:
Feather mattress tops FTW. All about the White Down comforters.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Achronos said:
Would it scare you to know that I have twice that? LOL.

I heard an interview from Muriel Siebert, who is a pretty fascinating woman. I have little to no interest in the corporate, Wall Street world, so I didn't know who she was, but I was reading up on her story for some research. There's a great quote, but I figure I'll wait for the interview to come out before I post it.

Reminded me of one of Connie Hilton's lines from Mad Men. Just the way they said it...
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Very weird...after being in a rotten mood for weeks on end, I woke up this morning with a long list of things to do and a stressful appointment later today and I just felt this great peace. More content than I have been for a while.

Thank you, God.
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
If you google image "rosenborg ballklub 2011" and scroll to page 14, there is a picture of ozgeorge at the hagia sophia...and idk why.
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
Achronos said:
Learned a new word today: episcopicide


It means the act of killing a bishop.

:eek:
Useful word.  Does the word differentiate as to whether it was a Queen or a Rook that did it?

BTW - this is my "leet" post.  1337 posts.  I was going to say something Mark-Twain-Brilliant with this one.  Oh well.  Got away from me.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Today after the DL and a coffee four hour. I was kicking around the privileged, hippy, college part of town to grab some ice cream.

Was chatting up one of the merchants in one of those "new age" stores.

They literally had an "altar" to some made up goddess by an angry lesbian in 1979 or something. All the while, people are sitting around it with laptops and drinking fair traded, organic coffee or tea or virgin blood or whatever.

Girl invited me to a Samhain ritual tonight.

Ohhhhhh.........

How this Orthodox stuff will get in the way of future possible anecdotes.

See how much I sacrifice?

 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
orthonorm said:
Today after the DL and a coffee four hour. I was kicking around the privileged, hippy, college part of town to grab some ice cream.

Was chatting up one of the merchants in one of those "new age" stores.

They literally had an "altar" to some made up goddess by an angry lesbian in 1979 or something. All the while, people are sitting around it with laptops and drinking fair traded, organic coffee or tea or virgin blood or whatever.

Girl invited me to a Samhain ritual tonight.

Ohhhhhh.........

How this Orthodox stuff will get in the way of future possible anecdotes.

See how much I sacrifice?
akimori makoto likes this.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
orthonorm said:
See how much I sacrifice?
:'(

I am shedding tears for you, doll.

I am having those days (more like months) where I am very close to embracing minimalism (more in the sense of not having a lot of things, rather than the spiritual zen stuff that comes with it) but the closer I get, the more I go shopping or get the urge to purchase something. Anyone ever break the cycle? It's been a struggle for years.
 

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
3,922
Reaction score
2
Points
38
orthonorm said:
Was chatting up one of the merchants in one of those "new age" stores.

They literally had an "altar" to some made up goddess by an angry lesbian in 1979 or something. All the while, people are sitting around it with laptops and drinking fair traded, organic coffee or tea or virgin blood or whatever.

Girl invited me to a Samhain ritual tonight.
LOL. I'm trying to plug the pieces together to figure out the store. Some kind of techno coffee shop?
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
orthonorm said:
See how much I sacrifice?
:'(

I am shedding tears for you, doll.

I am having those days (more like months) where I am very close to embracing minimalism (more in the sense of not having a lot of things, rather than the spiritual zen stuff that comes with it) but the closer I get, the more I go shopping or get the urge to purchase something. Anyone ever break the cycle? It's been a struggle for years.
I hope that was irony in response to my irony.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
The minimalism stuff isn't, but the first line was. No worries.

I just need someone to come to my house and start throwing stuff out. And shred my credit cards. And then leave before I chase them around the house with a series of weapons.  Anyone up for the job?

ETA: Wait, are you saying that I am posting a hipster post on top of your hipster post? I can't keep up with you sometimes. Scratch that. All the time.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
The minimalism stuff isn't, but the first line was. No worries.

I just need someone to come to my house and start throwing stuff out. And shred my credit cards. And then leave before I chase them around the house with a series of weapons.  Anyone up for the job?

ETA: Wait, are you saying that I am posting a hipster post on top of your hipster post? I can't keep up with you sometimes. Scratch that. All the time.
I'll gladly get rid of your stuff. I love it. Since a kid, I've been loath to owning stuff, well we didn't have much, but I still don't like it.

I love cleaning out day at work.

Got another icon today at the parish. It is touching, but it is getting out of control. I had to ask someone not to give me one of my Patron Saint today.

//:=)

But really, there is no way a great story ain't going to come out of going to a Samhain ritual with a girl you just met.

Impossible.

More for sleep than piety that I didn't say yes. Those neo-pagans are probably less dangerous than the battery operated laughing witches I have to endure to my soul.



 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Great, but if you go through my makeup stash or throw out my childhood books or --

Sigh, see? ;) What's sad is that I already purged half. Not enough.

I wish I was getting tons of icons! I'll give up some clothes for that, no problem.


I would bet that the neo-pagans would be incredibly boring yet amusing at the same time. That's been my (limited) experience.
 
Top