• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I would bet that the neo-pagans would be incredibly boring yet amusing at the same time. That's been my (limited) experience.
You're right. Except the real alchemy begins with me, not ends in.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry Celtic fans,with your side being 12 points behind Rangers.You play Rangers another 10 times before the end of season :D

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered this:
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-73640-73-Inch-1080p-Projection/dp/B004ZL2OOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320052110&sr=8-1

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2 Kings 2:23-24

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Achronos said:

And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
One of my favorite OT stories! Mock the Prophets at your own peril!

Selam

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Just ordered this:
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-73640-73-Inch-1080p-Projection/dp/B004ZL2OOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320052110&sr=8-1
I would not be able to order that stuff online.

A couple of years back, my parents ordered a laptop for my birthday because my desktop randomly decided to stop accepting the school's internet access. I was terrified about it breaking and I was a total annoyance to the UPS man coming in. "Watch it, watch it, hey! Don't put it down on the floor! Give it to me now!"

I just can't order electronics online, big or small. I know they go a long way just to get to the store, but it screws with my psyche for some weird reason.

But enjoy your TV. ;D

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Achronos said:

One of my favorite OT stories! Mock the Prophets at your own peril!

Selam
Same here.  I hope it doesn't say anything ill about my character, but I find it enjoyable when the Lord smites folks.  They always deserve it (I can say this without judging since it is apparent they deserved it or the Lord would not have done it) and it gives a good warning to keep me in line.  Anger God and he might feed you to bears. 

And I did have Der Struwwelpeter read to me as a child...

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Achronos said:

What version of the Bible is this that the text of this passage speaks of little children?

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
Achronos said:
ASV I think.

BTW Kim Kardashian files for divorce. I so called that LOL
It shocks me at the frequency (and short life span) of these celebrity marriages.......they remind me of pre-teen relationships...maybe because they're of the same emotional maturity....

PP

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Headed to the BMV. It is sorta like Tollhouse #23, if you aren't familiar with what one is.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
ASV I think.

Shut up! I didn't know it would happen that quickly.

Just read a statement from him -- sounds like she is calling it quits although he wants to keep trying. Who knows what happened? You couldn't pay me to be a celebrity. And if you are, don't MARRY another one, for heaven's sake.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Achronos said:
ASV I think.

Just read a statement from him -- sounds like she is calling it quits although he wants to keep trying. Who knows what happened? You couldn't pay me to be a celebrity. And if you are, don't MARRY another one, for heaven's sake.
Yeah but that guy is a total pallyhead (Just for you PtA). I knew it wasn't going to last because of him.

Besides she is in love with me anyway.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Achronos said:
IsmiLiora said:
Achronos said:
ASV I think.

Yeah but that guy is a total pallyhead (Just for you PtA).
How'd I get roped into this? LOL!

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Thank you. Yes, it was a surprise. I hadn't received any negative reviews or anything like that.

I am going to file for unemployment. I hope it's accepted.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
biro said:
Thank you. Yes, it was a surprise. I hadn't received any negative reviews or anything like that.

Lord have mercy!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
biro said:

Lord, have mercy.

What was your former job if you don't mind me asking.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
biro said:
Did your manager tell you the reason for your termination? For instance, did he specifically call it a layoff?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I worked for an insurance company. I had gotten some good reports pretty recently, I even won a tote bag.  :) They didn't give my any big warning signs. I'm thinking it may be budget cuts or maybe just the economy's still slow.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy! We'll be praying for you, Biro. :(

A true sign that no job is safe, secure nowadays...

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
biro said:

Lord have mercy! I pray it's accepted as well and that the Lord provide you with a new job soon my sis.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Yeah I seriously have no safety net if my job falls through. I'm constantly stressed about it. Damn this economy.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
IsmiLiora said:
Yeah I seriously have no safety net if my job falls through. I'm constantly stressed about it. Damn this economy.
The safety net are the nets of the fishermen Christ called out. Don't be afraid to let yourself fall completely into their catch.

lulz.

Shane for Nick.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
IsmiLiora said:
I'm a contract worker for two different places right now, and I would sweat bullets all the time about being cut off within seconds. And then I hear about people with secure jobs being let go for any and every reason. No one is safe. I look for more contract work when I  have a few free hours. It's becoming crazy.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
IsmiLiora said:
The safety net are the nets of the fishermen Christ called out. Don't be afraid to let yourself fall completely into their catch.
My wild eyed romantic idealism loves this.

lulz.

Shane for Nick.
The hell?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Achronos said:
IsmiLiora said:
I'm a contract worker for two different places right now, and I would sweat bullets all the time about being cut off within seconds. And then I hear about people with secure jobs being let go for any and every reason. No one is safe. I look for more contract work when I  have a few free hours. It's becoming crazy.
I'm looking for jobs at the moment, and the number of temp/contract jobs out there are staggering. Sorry but I need a little more foundation than that.

I'm so winning the Powerball this Wednesday.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I have to work at home, so, let's just decrease the number of jobs with that little qualifier too...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
IsmiLiora said:
My wild eyed romantic idealism loves this.

lulz.

Shane for Nick.
The hell?
*cackle*

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, ladies and gentlemen, Kim K's extravagant wedding was a slightly larger than life version of what is happening all across the country: we are WEDDING obsessed. Not marriage obsessed, but wedding obsessed. We are obsessed with the opportunity to be, the experience of, and the reminiscing about being a bride and all that it entails. From the chance to take styled staged engagement photos with matching outfits down to the getting to "splurge" on $5,000 designer gowns and red-soled Louboutins the average girl would never purchase, the wedding celebration has become in our culture an occasion for grown women to treat themselves like a celebrity for a day, the allure of which is so compelling, even REAL celebrities can't resist it!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/xochitl-gonzalez/what-kim-kardashians-divo_b_1068060.html

Truth!!!!