Random Postings

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,295
Reaction score
61
Points
48
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
Volcanoes in Russia. Also, Alaska.

Awesome.  :)

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/avoreport.php?view=kaminfo
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Hiwot said:
vamrat said:
Hiwot said:
yesterday I endured a rant, that sucked the life out of me and left me exhausted, from someone( a christian) who seems to draw energy from pointing out  how wrong others are living in their day to day lives these days. from the way things were said I wondered what that one would do if all lived the "right" kind of way. took me a long sit by myself and take deep breaths moment to regain my peace.
You have two options.

1- Remind them of the Publican and the pharisee.  Explain to them that you would be remiss in your Christian duties if you did not warn them that pride is a sin - specifically because it keeps you from seeking repentance.

2- Kick them in the chest.  Really hard.  May not change their world view, but it will shut them up for a long time to come.
I remember I mentioned a few things about worrying about our own sins ,loving the sinner and hating the sin, but got no where with it, infact the rant got intense,  for instance the homophobic expletives got cruder and cruder, so for the remainder of the time, I was concentrating on keeping my mouth shut and my hand from traveling with supersonic speed to the cheek of person. ;D
That is more than I would have done! Lord have mercy.


Had a lot of fun at a church event last night, met more people and put names to faces.

One weird moment -- I was telling a woman that we are not Orthodox yet (they all think we are at this point), and I said, "I'm still a catechumen," and she apparently found that hysterical.  ??? I don't know if it's that the process isn't so formal here, although there is a definite waiting period, but there isn't an official catechism class, just meetings and readings and such. That did puzzle me. Still does!

Also, I was talking to one of my favorite women at the church.  At one point I turned around and Mr. Ismi was surrounded by the glamorous 30/40-something ladies.  ::) Story of his life. I don't blame them! ;)

P.S. I'm sick. Don't know why I had to add it, but I feel like announcing it. More so than usual!
 

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
10,800
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Jackson, MS
Website
www.facebook.com
Hiwot said:
yesterday I endured a rant, that sucked the life out of me and left me exhausted, from someone( a christian) who seems to draw energy from pointing out  how wrong others are living in their day to day lives these days. from the way things were said I wondered what that one would do if all lived the "right" kind of way. took me a long sit by myself and take deep breaths moment to regain my peace.

"Love your brother."

Our Lord does not say to love our brothers and sisters only when we agree with them, only when they accept our point of view, only when they acquiesce with our own personal opinions. No. Our Lord commands us to treat them with love, humility, deference, and respect. Is this easy? Of course not. It is often a great challenge. But it's easy to love those who love us reciprocally, and to be kind to those who are kind to us in return. Even the pagans can achieve such a love. 

But Christian love is deeper, much more challenging, and often painful. And we cannot truly love without first possessing humility. I have learned (and I'm still learning) that we should be quick to apologize and even quicker to accept an apology. All Orthodox Christians are engaged in a spiritual warfare together, fighting a common foe, desperately needing to lean upon one another for encouragement and support. If we allow satan to divide us from one another, then what hope do we really have?

I speak these words to myself first and foremost.

My prayers are with you dear sister, and please pray for me as well.


Selam
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,295
Reaction score
61
Points
48
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
I missed church yesterday, it was the Feast of St. Matthew.  :( Happy Name Day to all the Matthews out there.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Um...so my priest just sent me a friend request on one of my social networking sites. I totally need to update my profile.  8)
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
IsmiLiora said:
Um...so my priest just sent me a friend request on one of my social networking sites. I totally need to update my profile.  8)
All I have to say is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOIKZTnJpQc&feature=related
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Haha! I would have friended him anyway and there is nothing scandalous on my site, but a lot of stuff is out of date. Whoops!

Finally getting over my weird cold-whatever illness it is.
 

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
44
Location
USA
^IsmiLora, Glory be to God you are feeling better dear.
 

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1,934
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
44
Location
USA
Gebre, indeed Love is never an easy thing to do. by its very nature it asks the self to be the other so in the end there is no other. that is :what one wants for oneself one will do for the other. as the apostle of Love St. John the Divine, knowing that people would abuse the term as we tend to abuse all good things at our disposal, have  started to speak in negative to indicate what is not love, and said 1John 3:18 "My little children, let us not love in word, nor in tongue, but in deed, and in truth." yes Love can only be itself in Truth and is manifested in deeds that are, and move  in sync with the truth. Love for ALL humans who are created in the image and likeness of the Creator, can only be acquired in first loving the Creator above all things.as the apostle have said love does not mean to exist in a lie( a lie we tell ourselves or others which then becomes the pillar before our very eyes that prevents us from seeing  clearly), to ignore human evil, to agree with falsehood etc... humility also  does not mean to embrace falsehood, ignore human evil, never attempt to prevent a brother from walking into a death trap etc...  love is difficult  for fallen humanity precisely because it only dwells in Truth. and truth is not  just an idea  , to us Truth is a Person. and that Person Commands us to Love one another in Truth, He did not command to be fake to one another. in this way, one can love even ones enemies and do good to those who persecute him/her. because as Abba Giyorgis zegatsicha  asks rhetorically 'can a christian ever hope to enter the Kingdom even while hating his enemy let alone his brother?!'

May the Lord have mercy on us!
 

TITL

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
Haha! I would have friended him anyway and there is nothing scandalous on my site, but a lot of stuff is out of date. Whoops!

Finally getting over my weird cold-whatever illness it is.
Thanks for giving it to me.  :mad:
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
TITL said:
IsmiLiora said:
Haha! I would have friended him anyway and there is nothing scandalous on my site, but a lot of stuff is out of date. Whoops!

Finally getting over my weird cold-whatever illness it is.
Thanks for giving it to me.  :mad:
Well, my boss got it, too.  :laugh: I'm just a walking bunch of germs, apparently. Hope you feel better.

And thank you, dear Hiwot!
 

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
10,800
Reaction score
6
Points
0
Age
52
Location
Jackson, MS
Website
www.facebook.com
Love is conformity to Truth- i.e., conformity to He alone who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (St. John 14:6) Too often we sacrifice love for conformity to facts, opinions, views, and ideas that may indeed be "truth," but nevertheless pose the greatest obstacles to experiencing The Truth. Authentic love allows us to see the falsehood in our brother's ideas without neglecting to see the Truth who resides in our brother.


Selam
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
Someone named their child Dovahkiin...

fus ro dah!

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/parents-name-child-skyrim-character-195904653.html
 

TITL

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Singers these days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbqFMgdSeGs
 

Melodist

Archon
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
38
The whole Butterball thread got me thinking. What if a Christian before going into work everyday would say a prayer including the words "O Lord Jesus Christ... Help me to complete the work I am about to begin for Thine own glory..." and worked in a factory that packages stuff (mostly free samples and some other stuff to be sold by various companies, but mostly free samples of various products) to be distributed all over the place (some of the stuff could possibly go out to other countries).

Just a random thought, doesn't really belong in the Butterball discussion.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
I realllllly want a hookah right now.

On the other hand, the weather is lovely for this time of year, rain aside. It's about in the mid 60s here. :)
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
IsmiLiora said:
I realllllly want a hookah right now.

On the other hand, the weather is lovely for this time of year, rain aside. It's about in the mid 60s here. :)
I totally read that wrong... lololol
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
There is no way Gillard said any of that. What is your source??
 

Cognomen

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
2,182
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Archdiocese of Baghdad, Kuwait and Dependencies
akimori makoto said:
There is no way Gillard said any of that. What is your source??
It looks like a rehashing or excerpt from a forwarded email (most of us know about the content reliability in those things) originating within a year or two of 9/11.  It's largely been debunked in this Snopes posting.  I've seen it posted for Howard, Rudd, and now Gillard.  Attributing the comments to the latter two is just plain silly.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
IsmiLiora said:
I realllllly want a hookah right now.

I gave those up when I got married. Also, Orthodoxy teaches that prostitution is a sin.

(sorry, I couldn't resist  ;) )




Selam
:eek:

To Gebre and Celtic: Minds, meet gutter!!!
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Location
Portland, Oregon
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA
My source is the Baton Rouge Tigers Australian Football Club.

So...

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4o9uag8j8mg67
 

CoptoGeek

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
1
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
I realllllly want a hookah right now.

On the other hand, the weather is lovely for this time of year, rain aside. It's about in the mid 60s here. :)
It's shisha!  ;D  And if I can get the little one to sleep early enough tonight, I may be able to enjoy one.
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Using the term shisha probably wouldn't get me in as much trouble! ;)

Sadly we do not have our own pipe yet. We only go out about once or twice every few months to do it at a local bar. Enjoy it, CG. ;)
 

CoptoGeek

OC.Net Guru
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
1,537
Reaction score
1
Points
0
IsmiLiora said:
Using the term shisha probably wouldn't get me in as much trouble! ;)
LOL, very true!

IsmiLiora said:
Sadly we do not have our own pipe yet. We only go out about once or twice every few months to do it at a local bar. Enjoy it, CG. ;)
Thanks! That's all you need, really. It's just something to enjoy on occassion.  I wonder if mine is halal...hmm...
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
IsmiLiora said:
Using the term shisha probably wouldn't get me in as much trouble! ;)

Sadly we do not have our own pipe yet. We only go out about once or twice every few months to do it at a local bar. Enjoy it, CG. ;)
You can probably use an empty 2-Liter bottle.  I've heard of people who used a toilet once (and my buddy made a whiskey still out of a toilet and a radiator in Iraq, useful things, those toilets) and even saw someone use an apple, a broken bic pen, and some tin foil once.  You know, I really did learn a lot in high school!
 

Cognomen

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
2,182
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Archdiocese of Baghdad, Kuwait and Dependencies
vamrat said:
You can probably use an empty 2-Liter bottle.  I've heard of people who used a toilet once (and my buddy made a whiskey still out of a toilet and a radiator in Iraq, useful things, those toilets) and even saw someone use an apple, a broken bic pen, and some tin foil once.  You know, I really did learn a lot in high school!
Chore-Boy™ is crucial in the process.  Wait, that's not shisha...
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Location
Portland, Oregon
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA
My source is the Baton Rouge Tigers Australian Football Club.

So...

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4o9uag8j8mg67
Is this a private email? When I click on the link, I'm redirected to my Yahoo! mail inbox, but the message itself does not appear.
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA
My source is the Baton Rouge Tigers Australian Football Club.

So...

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4o9uag8j8mg67
Is this a private email? When I click on the link, I'm redirected to my Yahoo! mail inbox, but the message itself does not appear.
Peter, if it is any help, I have seen this exact chain email before but with Rudd instead of Gillard, like Cognomen mentioned.  If celtic can't get it from his email, I would be more than willing to forward it to you, I'd just have to dig it out from my 2008-2010 email folders at work when I go back on Monday (possibly earlier if I go in to finish up a project on Fri/Sat).

(Not trying to get in the middle of official mod business, just trying to be helpful.   :))

EDIT - BTW, it probably is a private email.  When I click it it goes right to my personal email account.
 

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
9,487
Reaction score
0
Points
36
vamrat said:
IsmiLiora said:
Using the term shisha probably wouldn't get me in as much trouble! ;)

Sadly we do not have our own pipe yet. We only go out about once or twice every few months to do it at a local bar. Enjoy it, CG. ;)
You can probably use an empty 2-Liter bottle.  I've heard of people who used a toilet once (and my buddy made a whiskey still out of a toilet and a radiator in Iraq, useful things, those toilets) and even saw someone use an apple, a broken bic pen, and some tin foil once.  You know, I really did learn a lot in high school!
Yeah, I've done some of those things too...but it's a bit too much trouble to go to to simply smoke tobacco...are you sure you don't have something else in mind? ;)
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
vamrat said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA
My source is the Baton Rouge Tigers Australian Football Club.

So...

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4o9uag8j8mg67
Is this a private email? When I click on the link, I'm redirected to my Yahoo! mail inbox, but the message itself does not appear.
Peter, if it is any help, I have seen this exact chain email before but with Rudd instead of Gillard, like Cognomen mentioned.  If celtic can't get it from his email, I would be more than willing to forward it to you, I'd just have to dig it out from my 2008-2010 email folders at work when I go back on Monday (possibly earlier if I go in to finish up a project on Fri/Sat).

(Not trying to get in the middle of official mod business, just trying to be helpful.   :))

EDIT - BTW, it probably is a private email.  When I click it it goes right to my personal email account.
Rudd saying those things is almost as fanciful as Gillard saying them.
 
Top