celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
We need a leader like Australia's Prime Minister, Julia Gillard:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA
My source is the Baton Rouge Tigers Australian Football Club.

So...

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=4o9uag8j8mg67
Is this a private email? When I click on the link, I'm redirected to my Yahoo! mail inbox, but the message itself does not appear.
Ja, want a copy and pasted version of it?

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Could you provide a link for the above within the next 72 hours please? Thank you.  -PtA

So...

Is this a private email? When I click on the link, I'm redirected to my Yahoo! mail inbox, but the message itself does not appear.
No, I just think it best that you first seek the permission of the person who sent you this email before you post it here. It's not something I can really enforce as a moderator, since we have no rule on this, but the sender of this email may not want it published on an Internet discussion board. Generally, emails are considered private communications, even when sent to a group.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:

So...

No, I just think it best that you first seek the permission of the person who sent you this email before you post it here. It's not something I can really enforce as a moderator, since we have no rule on this, but the sender of this email may not want it published on an Internet discussion board. Generally, emails are considered private communications, even when sent to a group.
Neil said it was okay, he's the footy pres who sent it

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:

Setting aside the flagrant political nature of this post, it is actually falsely attributed to Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard (who would almost certainly never say such things). Furthermore, the same text has been attributed to her Labor predecessor, Kevin Rudd; and Rudd's Liberal predecessor John Howard. The text is actually an Australianised version of a piece originally written by American Barry Loudermilk. Source: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/howard-muslim-speech.shtml

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
celticfan1888 said:

So...

Neil said it was okay, he's the footy pres who sent it
Well, I suppose I have no choice now but to take your word for it. ;) Thanks for your diligence in this matter.  -PtA

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Most important book ever! (Swear in url/title hidden for the squeamish).

http://tinyurl.com/cuarrrb

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Most important book ever! (Swear in url/title hidden for the squeamish).

http://tinyurl.com/cuarrrb
Does it have anything about bears?

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Have yet another doctor's appointment to add to the list. Have a feeling that they are going to find nothing, yet again, and waste my money... :-\ It's at the point where I'm almost praying that a test is positive so I can stop spending so much money on diagnosis. ARGH.

Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Have yet another doctor's appointment to add to the list. Have a feeling that they are going to find nothing, yet again, and waste my money... :-\ It's at the point where I'm almost praying that a test is positive so I can stop spending so much money on diagnosis. ARGH.
I understand this feeling very much. Eventually I just gave up.

I've said a fervent prayer for you right now. Hang in there! Or, as we (wannabe) Japanese say, ganbatte kudasai yo.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
IsmiLiora said:
Feel better!  :angel:

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
*hug*

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
IsmiLiora said:
I understand this feeling very much. Eventually I just gave up.

I've said a fervent prayer for you right now. Hang in there! Or, as we (wannabe) Japanese say, ganbatte kudasai yo.
Wow.  Japanese end their sentences in "yo" as well?  That's straight up gangsta, yo.

Ismi, I will pray that the doctors waste your money and find nothing in their tests.  The alternative is generally worse (the money is going to get blown anyway, God always does the curing.  The doctor just takes the bill).

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Thank you, lovelies!

Yeah, I know that getting a positive result may mean several things, including surgery, but my condition has been up in the air for about six years. The fibro is a diagnosis of exclusion, or whatever they call it. It would be nice to walk around knowing how to tackle this, but yes, the most preferable option is to not be sick at all!

Thanks for your prayers! :)

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
The convert names thread reminded me of something. When I was a kid I wanted to change my name to Crystal (I thought it was a boy's name for some reason).

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
The convert names thread reminded me of something. When I was a kid I wanted to change my name to Crystal (I thought it was a boy's name for some reason).
*wiping effluvia from computer screen*

This is the sorta thing you wait a year or two to tell your shrink.

EDIT: Remember how I said I never call people by whatever LARPing names they use in RL? Well, Crystal baby, since this was this wish of young and sincere child:

Done.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Volnutt said:
*wiping effluvia from computer screen*

This is the sorta thing you wait a year or two to tell your shrink.

EDIT: Remember how I said I never call people by whatever LARPing names they use in RL? Well, Crystal baby, since this was this wish of young and sincere child:

Done.
:laugh: What have I done?...

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I don't know whether to feel honored or insulted that my sister, who I have never had a close relationship with, is now confiding her boy troubles to me every. single. day. I love her as my sister, but every morning I wake up to more of the same messages, ranting about how no one likes her (although she gets asked out more than anyone I know personally), etc. etc. It's bang-head-on-the-wall-worthy, especially when she doesn't want to listen to my advice, just wants someone to agree with her.

Oy!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I don't know whether to feel honored or insulted that my sister, who I have never had a close relationship with, is now confiding her boy troubles to me every. single. day. I love her as my sister, but every morning I wake up to more of the same messages, ranting about how no one likes her (although she gets asked out more than anyone I know personally), etc. etc. It's bang-head-on-the-wall-worthy, especially when she doesn't want to listen to my advice, just wants someone to agree with her.

Oy!
If you need some variety let me know and I'll start confiding my girl troubles to you.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
I actually like mothering people as long as I feel like I'm an active participant, not an answering machine!

I guess mothers don't get to dictate how they care, though...or, they do.... :D

EDIT: P.S. My post sounds cruel in the wrong context. (It probably still sounds cruel in the right context, but anyway.) My sister is over 21. Over 21. Not 13 with NSYNC posters hanging on the wall. You think that you'd mature as you got older. She's a very capable woman...but the emotional/love stuff is another story...

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:

New video card just came in. Waiting for the Vatican II firmware to install to downgrade it.
Wow, he really is serious about the missal changes.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
I actually like mothering people as long as I feel like I'm an active participant, not an answering machine!

Maybe she's not used to having a nurturing mother-figure. Hopefully she'll be more receptive once she gets used to confiding in you?

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
IsmiLiora said:

Maybe she's not used to having a nurturing mother-figure. Hopefully she'll be more receptive once she gets used to confiding in you?
Which is why I am trying to listen to her for the time being. I know that she is the way she is because of my parents, and while that makes me really sad, it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.

Ah, siblings.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.
SomL.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.
SomL.
I didn't know you were Somalian.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
Volnutt said:
IsmiLiora said:

Which is why I am trying to listen to her for the time being. I know that she is the way she is because of my parents, and while that makes me really sad, it gets frustrating to talk to someone who can't even admit that she likes you and lashes out at you the minute you disagree with something she said.

Ah, siblings.
*hug*

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
SomL.
Poor baby!

Thanks, Crystal Volnutt. :)

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:
orthonorm said:
IsmiLiora said:
SomL.
Poor baby!

Thanks, Crystal Volnutt. :)
Shyaddap! You're welcome :)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
IsmiLiora said:

EDIT: P.S. My post sounds cruel in the wrong context. (It probably still sounds cruel in the right context, but anyway.) My sister is over 21. Over 21. Not 13 with NSYNC posters hanging on the wall. You think that you'd mature as you got older. She's a very capable woman...but the emotional/love stuff is another story...
What's wrong with having NSYNC posters on your wall?

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
How dare you post such a thing to him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFmQU4IStg

Reaction score
Volnutt said:
How dare you post such a thing to him! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFmQU4IStg
This one is my personal favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BrpZe8PUBI&feature=related

Cool points for having that ready!

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I'm going to do that dance routine if I ever get mugged.