Random Postings

Veniamin

Archon
Reaction score
username! said:
four marks of the beast alien ink rambling on random posts freemasonary eygpt red sea crude oil futures connected with the rise of celery prices in Benelux   haha how's that for random
Post mod for username!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
See, I thought it was all peanut butter, but then maybe I haven't been paying as close attention as I should be?  And my (younger) daughter Sahara is in the pic. We thought she looked cute with her frowny face on.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
GabrieltheCelt said:
Ian Lazarus said:
Frogs legs do not taste like chicken....even remotely!
Hmm. I thought they tasted similar; maybe the frog legs are a little more gamey though.  After an all day canoe trip, when the sun begins to set and the breeze is a little cooler- they taste amazing with a little garlic and salt...and a beer! :)  I've had frog legs in a nice French restaurant before, but you can't beat 'em as campfire food;  Yum!
Man, for my first time eating frog legs, I would probably need to drink a six-pack to get me to the point where anything tastes good. :p

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
I don't get the frog leg/chicken connection at all. Frog legs remind me of mmmmmmmm....alligator! Yum.

Elisha

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
mike said:
Is beer in the US sold in 0,33 l or 0,5 l cans?
Beer is usually sold in 6-pack 12 oz (about 355 ml) bottles or cans, with cheaper stuff in cans.  You can also find high quality (microbrews) in 22 oz (about 650 ml) bottles.  You sometimes see cheap crap in "40's" (40 oz, about 1,2 L), like Coors, Bud, Keystone, Cobra, Natural Lite, Mickey's, etc.  This is like beer to get drunk since it is cheap.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
See, I thought it was all peanut butter, but then maybe I haven't been paying as close attention as I should be?  And my (younger) daughter Sahara is in the pic. We thought she looked cute with her frowny face on.
Sahara, as in the desert? And she is cute, ma shaa'allaah, even with the frown.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
We weren't really thinking of the desert when we named her that, though I guess that's probably the most famous example of the name. We also don't pronounce it the same way the Sahara desert is pronounced (sa hair ah), but rather pronounce the "har" as in "hard" (sa har ah). I guess after getting grief for naming our first daughter Athanasia Kharatina, we wanted to go with something simpler (Sahara Rylee), lol.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
You learn something new every day. :) And I think that's good, in that there'd be less people mispronouncing her name, as even her pre-school teacher does at times, hehe. 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
THIS IS THE REFRAIN!

IT STICKS IN YOUR BRAIN!

"O DO DA DAY" IS YOUR NEXT LINE!...