Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
I didn't see the root word for 100.  I thought cleveland was calling me the bottom half of a centaur.  I'm profusely sorry.   :angel:
I wish I had thought of that... oops ;) "I kid... I kid."

SolEX01 said:
Sure feels good to have reached Centurion level.  I knew I always had those leadership skills.   ;D  ::)  ;D
Well, centurions are still near the bottom of the food chain.

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ohio is listed as the 17th state in the U.S. but technically it’s number 47. Until August 7, 1953, congress forgot to vote on a resolution to admit Ohio to the union.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Wasn't the entire Northwest Ordinance admitted as one entity and States were carved out of that territory after the fact?

Does Congress' failure to vote make anything done in Ohio before 1953 null and void?

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
Wasn't the entire Northwest Ordinance admitted as one entity and States were carved out of that territory after the fact?

Does Congress' failure to vote make anything done in Ohio before 1953 null and void?
Your first point is correct.....as to your second....1953 they retroactively passed the resolution....so Ohio was still a state for all those years....

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
username! said:
Ian Lazarus said:
Ohio is high in the middle and round on both sides.
What in the world are you talking about? 
O HI O - Get it, "round on both sides" (the O's), and "high in the middle" (the HI)?

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ukiemeister said:
Ohio is listed as the 17th state in the U.S. but technically it’s number 47. Until August 7, 1953, congress forgot to vote on a resolution to admit Ohio to the union.
I'm not doubting your word, but....I'd really like to see the substantiation for this! It could make for great dinner conversation in my house!

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
FrChris said:
Ukiemeister said:
I'm not doubting your word, but....I'd really like to see the substantiation for this! It could make for great dinner conversation in my house!
"The Date of Ohio Statehood" by Frederick Blue, PhD as appeared in the Autumn 2002 Ohio Academy of History Newsletter.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I just found this out last week from a classmate who is from Ohio.  I was surprised.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone's going to have to post the Yahtzee rules somewhere... I've never played before.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, here's the Yahtzee link Ozgeorge gave me:
http://grail.sourceforge.net/demo/yahtzee/rules.html

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I may be addicted to E-Yahtzee.

Clarification question: To qualify as a straight (either "large" - 5 - or "small" - 4), must the die be in actual order (i.e. 2,3,4,5,6), or can they be mixed up (i.e. 2,5,3,4,6)?

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cleveland said:
I may be addicted to E-Yahtzee.

Clarification question: To qualify as a straight (either "large" - 5 - or "small" - 4), must the die be in actual order (i.e. 2,3,4,5,6), or can they be mixed up (i.e. 2,5,3,4,6)?
IIRC, they can be mixed up as in your latter example.