Random Postings

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
LizaSymonenko said:
After a busy day at work, I find the silence rather refreshing.  :)

I crave silence. My neighborhood is sooo noisy! I guess God is trying to teach me how to cultivate the silence of the heart even when there's noise all around me. How did the Saints do it?! I ain't even close yet! lol.

Selam

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
For the record.

I have no idea how these "stars" appeared by my name. I didn't request my account be "reset" to more accurately reflect my awesomeness after registering for the Private Boards.

I was trying to be humble with my single star.

Thanks for ruining my show of virtue.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
For the record.

I have no idea how these "stars" appeared by my name. I didn't request my account be "reset" to more accurately reflect my awesomeness after registering for the Private Boards.

LOL.  My virtue is immaculate.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
It's like that game where you tried to put cut-out plastic pieces in a grid before it popped up. Splode!  :)

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Getting ready for Lent: had some yummy broccoli with garlic sauce and white rice for lunch today. Mmmm mmmm!  ;D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
For the record.

You're welcome. 

If you want help with humility, remember that higher post count =/= quality of posts; I'm living proof of that.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
biro said:
Getting ready for Lent: had some yummy broccoli with garlic sauce and white rice for lunch today. Mmmm mmmm!  ;D
Have fun with that.  I had Pope Yes chicken for lunch today.  I'll prepare for Lent on the first day of Lent!

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
biro said:
Have fun with that.  I had Pope Yes chicken for lunch today.  I'll prepare for Lent on the first day of Lent!
I prepared for Grent Lent by having Moe's Chicken homewrecker with a LOT of cheese/queso

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
TheMathematician said:
vamrat said:
biro said:
I prepared for Grent Lent by having Moe's Chicken homewrecker with a LOT of cheese/queso
Welcome to moe's!!!!!!!!!! I love that place :)

PP

Cavaradossi

Archon
Reaction score
vamrat said:
biro said:
I much prefer Pope No chicken.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Cavaradossi said:
vamrat said:
biro said:
I much prefer Pope No chicken.
Really?  I think that would be a bit bland.  I like my fried chicken with a side of Filloque.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Cavaradossi said:
Ioannis Climacus said:
Cavaradossi said:
LBK said:
Animal Farm.
A Brave New Animal Farm.
One-Thousand, Nine-Hundred and Eighty-Four Brave New Animal Farms.
One-Thousand, Nine-Hundred and Eighty-Four Shrugging Atlases on a Brave New Animal Farm.
One-Thousand, Nine-Hundred and Eighty-Four Shrugging Atlases on a Brave New Animal Farm at Fahrenheit 451.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
orthonorm said:
For the record.

You're welcome. 

If you want help with humility, remember that higher post count =/= quality of posts; I'm living proof of that.
Again messing with my virtue. While my quality by far exceeds the oc.net standard, I do not bring even my C game, again for humility's sake and as not to overly encourage the excess esteem I am bound to be held in by anyone with sense.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I'm tempted to anathematize all those who have Fr. Amb...erm...St. Patrick as their avatar. That IS confusing.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Alpo said:
I'm tempted to anathematize all those who have Fr. Amb...erm...St. Patrick as their avatar. That IS confusing.
There are many other fine Irish saints. Nobody's picked St. Brigid?  ???

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Fr. George said:
orthonorm said:
For the record.

You're welcome. 

Again messing with my virtue. While my quality by far exceeds the oc.net standard,
You call cryptic and hard to understand quality? ???

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Cognomen said:
That person said:
Heresy! 

Sci-Ficumenism is the worst.
I think that attitude is quite detrimental to science fiction fandom as a whole. At the very least we should be able to agree that there is merit, something to be learned and enjoyed, in all these franchises. Furthermore, I'd like to suggest that they may not be as incompatible as some people insist. For example, Firefly shows the rise of two distinct groups of people: People with immense psychic and martial abilities, and tribes of savage warriors IN SPACE. Star Wars shows these groups having filled niches in society as the Jedi and the Sand People respectively. I could go on, but I don't think the goals of sci-ficumenism and even sci-fyncretism are as far-fetched as some people claim.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Pokemon urban legend time!

Don't click if you don't wish to be scared. They're fake, yes. But still eerie.

Lavender Town Song http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/08/lavender-town-tone-anecdote.html

The White Hand and other miscellanies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wnHNASQiOE&feature=related

The White Ditto http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2011/10/white-ditto.html I remember when this one was first posted to YouTube, actually. BlameTruth, the poster, swears up and down it's true. I rather have my doubts (everybody wants to be the next Slenderman). Still, silly fun... if you're a bit morbid like me that is lol.

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
For my upcoming graduate student discussion on the readings in my French Enlightenment class, one of the books I had to read was written by the professor.

This might very well happen during the discussion.

Prof: "Tell me, what did I mean when I wrote this?"
Me: "I don't know, you wrote it. What DID you mean?"

:p

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
How come Oskar Schindler, who fornicated regularly and was not particularly religious, did such heroic deeds? Does that prove that following Christ is not necessary for goodness?