Random Postings

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
It's called a Burger.  Say it with me now... BURG-ER.  Great.
Not if it's on one piece of bread.  It's more of a burg. Or an aukward slider.  Its' a big piece of meat.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
cleveland said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
cleveland said:
Ahh, a smearing contest between wasabi and horseradish...  I'm taking wasabi FTW.
I'd like them both smeared on toast, please.
I'm having none of that on my Easter Bread (Greek Tsoureki) toast this week; just good 'ol butter, and maybe some Easter Cheese (my wife says it's a Russian thing, but I'd never heard of it before).
We have eastern cheese in serbia too!  and we put it on the easter bread!  you're wife is on to something my friend. 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Lazarus said:
It's called a Burger.  Say it with me now... BURG-ER.  Great.
Not if it's on one piece of bread.  It's more of a burg. Or an aukward slider.  Its' a big piece of meat.
More like an "open-faced Burger."  Still works.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
cleveland said:
Ahh, a smearing contest between wasabi and horseradish...  I'm taking wasabi FTW.
I'm having none of that on my Easter Bread (Greek Tsoureki) toast this week; just good 'ol butter, and maybe some Easter Cheese (my wife says it's a Russian thing, but I'd never heard of it before).
We have eastern cheese in serbia too!  and we put it on the easter bread!  you're wife is on to something my friend. 
I was astounded that the cheese only took a day or two to make - nice, smooth, very spread-able on bread; my mom's village cheese takes a month to dry and cure.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
cleveland said:
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
cleveland said:
I was astounded that the cheese only took a day or two to make - nice, smooth, very spread-able on bread; my mom's village cheese takes a month to dry and cure.
Yah it's more of a spread.  We call it kajmak.  What process did you use to make it?  We just whip the skim on the milk when you boil it...just curious what you did. 

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Yah it's more of a spread.  We call it kajmak.  What process did you use to make it?  We just whip the skim on the milk when you boil it...just curious what you did.  
What did I do?  Stand on the other end of the kitchen and admire my wife's work. :D ;)

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
cleveland said:
serb1389 said:
What did I do?  Stand on the other end of the kitchen and admire my wife's work. :D ;)
I thought maybe you HELPED her, or even did it yourself.  God forbid that Lord George the Vehement does something like THAT :eek: ;) ;D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
I thought maybe you HELPED her, or even did it yourself.  God forbid that Lord George the Vehement does something like THAT :eek: ;) ;D
Plain 'ol Lord George the Vehement would indeed do that.  But Lord George the Vehement of Hope End wouldn't.  I mean, c'mon... It's Hope End.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
cleveland said:
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
Plain 'ol Lord George the Vehement would indeed do that.  But Lord George the Vehement of Hope End wouldn't.  I mean, c'mon... It's Hope End.
LMAO!  I needed that today.  Χρόνια πολλἀ by the way! 

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
It? That's my cat's name. Or one of his names, at least.  :laugh: