Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:
Alway's ride your bike against the flow of traffic
No! Bicycles are vehicles, and all vehicles are piloted in the same direction. No one wants a head-on collision with a bicycle.

Some rules for bicycle safety (including why never to ride a bicycle on the left side of the street): http://www.bicyclesafe.com/
It's been a loooong time since i rode a bike on the street  ;D That is actually what we were taught as kids  :eek: A little behind the times on that front i guess :-[ 
How about, always swim with a buddy? or... Wait 30 min after eating before swimming? 

2 posts to 6000
It all depends on where you're riding; if on the street, then you're a vehicle and must obey all traffic laws (red lights, stop signs, lanes & turning, etc.) and must follow with traffic; if on the sidewalk, then (like pedestrian traffic) you should ride in a direction opposite traffic.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
cleveland said:
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:
No! Bicycles are vehicles, and all vehicles are piloted in the same direction. No one wants a head-on collision with a bicycle.

Some rules for bicycle safety (including why never to ride a bicycle on the left side of the street): http://www.bicyclesafe.com/
It's been a loooong time since i rode a bike on the street  ;D That is actually what we were taught as kids  :eek: A little behind the times on that front i guess :-[ 
How about, always swim with a buddy? or... Wait 30 min after eating before swimming? 

2 posts to 6000
It all depends on where you're riding; if on the street, then you're a vehicle and must obey all traffic laws (red lights, stop signs, lanes & turning, etc.) and must follow with traffic; if on the sidewalk, then (like pedestrian traffic) you should ride in a direction opposite traffic.
Really?  I thought on the sidewalk it was with the flow of traffic/same side?

EofK

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:

2 posts to 6000
Be careful riding on sidewalks.  It's illegal in some places and besides that, it's hard to accomodate for walkers on the sidewalk.  Cars backing out of driveways have a harder time seeing you as do cars at intersections.

For instance, here is the Missouri Bike Law:
300.347. Riding Bicycle On Sidewalks, Limitations - Motorized Bicycles Prohibited
(1) No person shall ride a bicycle upon a sidewalk within a business district; (2) Whenever any person is riding a bicycle upon a sidewalk, such person shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and shall give audible signal before overtaking and passing such pedestrian; (3) No person shall ride a motorized bicycle upon a sidewalk.

PoorFoolNicholas

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
Has anyone ever had the "home alone" experience with aftershave?  I've never experienced it, but I was wondering if others have...
I haven't, but I know that T has.

admiralnick

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
EofK said:
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:

2 posts to 6000
Be careful riding on sidewalks.  It's illegal in some places and besides that, it's hard to accomodate for walkers on the sidewalk.  Cars backing out of driveways have a harder time seeing you as do cars at intersections.

For instance, here is the Missouri Bike Law:
300.347. Riding Bicycle On Sidewalks, Limitations - Motorized Bicycles Prohibited
(1) No person shall ride a bicycle upon a sidewalk within a business district; (2) Whenever any person is riding a bicycle upon a sidewalk, such person shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and shall give audible signal before overtaking and passing such pedestrian; (3) No person shall ride a motorized bicycle upon a sidewalk.
In Illinois, if you are over the age of 12, you are required to bike in the street. Not that its stopped anyone from biking on the sidewalk.....

-Nick