Random Postings

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
21,832
Reaction score
16
Points
38
Age
39
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:
Alway's ride your bike against the flow of traffic
No! Bicycles are vehicles, and all vehicles are piloted in the same direction. No one wants a head-on collision with a bicycle.

Some rules for bicycle safety (including why never to ride a bicycle on the left side of the street): http://www.bicyclesafe.com/
It's been a loooong time since i rode a bike on the street  ;D That is actually what we were taught as kids  :eek: A little behind the times on that front i guess :-[ 
How about, always swim with a buddy? or... Wait 30 min after eating before swimming? 

2 posts to 6000
It all depends on where you're riding; if on the street, then you're a vehicle and must obey all traffic laws (red lights, stop signs, lanes & turning, etc.) and must follow with traffic; if on the sidewalk, then (like pedestrian traffic) you should ride in a direction opposite traffic.
 

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
9,123
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
cleveland said:
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:
Alway's ride your bike against the flow of traffic
No! Bicycles are vehicles, and all vehicles are piloted in the same direction. No one wants a head-on collision with a bicycle.

Some rules for bicycle safety (including why never to ride a bicycle on the left side of the street): http://www.bicyclesafe.com/
It's been a loooong time since i rode a bike on the street  ;D That is actually what we were taught as kids  :eek: A little behind the times on that front i guess :-[ 
How about, always swim with a buddy? or... Wait 30 min after eating before swimming? 

2 posts to 6000
It all depends on where you're riding; if on the street, then you're a vehicle and must obey all traffic laws (red lights, stop signs, lanes & turning, etc.) and must follow with traffic; if on the sidewalk, then (like pedestrian traffic) you should ride in a direction opposite traffic.
Really?  I thought on the sidewalk it was with the flow of traffic/same side?
 

EofK

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
3,976
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
40
Location
Springfield, MO
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:
Alway's ride your bike against the flow of traffic
No! Bicycles are vehicles, and all vehicles are piloted in the same direction. No one wants a head-on collision with a bicycle.

Some rules for bicycle safety (including why never to ride a bicycle on the left side of the street): http://www.bicyclesafe.com/
It's been a loooong time since i rode a bike on the street  ;D That is actually what we were taught as kids  :eek: A little behind the times on that front i guess :-[ 
How about, always swim with a buddy? or... Wait 30 min after eating before swimming? 

2 posts to 6000
It all depends on where you're riding; if on the street, then you're a vehicle and must obey all traffic laws (red lights, stop signs, lanes & turning, etc.) and must follow with traffic; if on the sidewalk, then (like pedestrian traffic) you should ride in a direction opposite traffic.
Really?  I thought on the sidewalk it was with the flow of traffic/same side?
Be careful riding on sidewalks.  It's illegal in some places and besides that, it's hard to accomodate for walkers on the sidewalk.  Cars backing out of driveways have a harder time seeing you as do cars at intersections.

For instance, here is the Missouri Bike Law:
300.347. Riding Bicycle On Sidewalks, Limitations - Motorized Bicycles Prohibited
(1) No person shall ride a bicycle upon a sidewalk within a business district; (2) Whenever any person is riding a bicycle upon a sidewalk, such person shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and shall give audible signal before overtaking and passing such pedestrian; (3) No person shall ride a motorized bicycle upon a sidewalk.
 

PoorFoolNicholas

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,664
Reaction score
0
Points
0
serb1389 said:
Has anyone ever had the "home alone" experience with aftershave?  I've never experienced it, but I was wondering if others have...
I haven't, but I know that T has.
 

admiralnick

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Greater Milwaukee Area
EofK said:
serb1389 said:
cleveland said:
findingfaith said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
findingfaith said:
Alway's ride your bike against the flow of traffic
No! Bicycles are vehicles, and all vehicles are piloted in the same direction. No one wants a head-on collision with a bicycle.

Some rules for bicycle safety (including why never to ride a bicycle on the left side of the street): http://www.bicyclesafe.com/
It's been a loooong time since i rode a bike on the street  ;D That is actually what we were taught as kids  :eek: A little behind the times on that front i guess :-[ 
How about, always swim with a buddy? or... Wait 30 min after eating before swimming? 

2 posts to 6000
It all depends on where you're riding; if on the street, then you're a vehicle and must obey all traffic laws (red lights, stop signs, lanes & turning, etc.) and must follow with traffic; if on the sidewalk, then (like pedestrian traffic) you should ride in a direction opposite traffic.
Really?  I thought on the sidewalk it was with the flow of traffic/same side?
Be careful riding on sidewalks.  It's illegal in some places and besides that, it's hard to accomodate for walkers on the sidewalk.  Cars backing out of driveways have a harder time seeing you as do cars at intersections.

For instance, here is the Missouri Bike Law:
300.347. Riding Bicycle On Sidewalks, Limitations - Motorized Bicycles Prohibited
(1) No person shall ride a bicycle upon a sidewalk within a business district; (2) Whenever any person is riding a bicycle upon a sidewalk, such person shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian and shall give audible signal before overtaking and passing such pedestrian; (3) No person shall ride a motorized bicycle upon a sidewalk.
In Illinois, if you are over the age of 12, you are required to bike in the street. Not that its stopped anyone from biking on the sidewalk.....

-Nick
 
Top