Random Postings

ironchapman

High Elder
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
North Dakota
vamrat said:
Alpo said:
Today I'm happy to be a racist White man with Enlightenment, individualism all the other kinds of derogatory stuff.
Oh don't be silly.  Everyone knows that honkies didn't do anything for the world (the vast majority of modern technology being excepted).  All they did was enslave people and colonize their countries.  That's what my teachers told me and I'm standing by it!
Hyperdox Herman needs to weigh in on this.
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Omaha
ironchapman said:
vamrat said:
Alpo said:
Today I'm happy to be a racist White man with Enlightenment, individualism all the other kinds of derogatory stuff.
Oh don't be silly.  Everyone knows that honkies didn't do anything for the world (the vast majority of modern technology being excepted).  All they did was enslave people and colonize their countries.  That's what my teachers told me and I'm standing by it!
Hyperdox Herman needs to weigh in on this.
Hyperdox Herman says that white people are behind all the worlds problems.

Is kicked in the gonads by Idi Amin.
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
JamesRottnek said:
celticfan1888 said:
Wedding planning is so stressful!
How stressful can saying "Yes dear, that is an excellent choice," be?
Getting a reception venue that everyone will like and hiring catering, DJs, and other staff is a pain! lol. I'm doing half the planning
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
Achronos said:
celticfan1888 said:
Wedding planning is so stressful!
Is she still RC?
Yea, but we are having an Orthodox wedding, which she is perfectly fine with. That was the only thing related to the wedding I requested, and she was fine with it, thankfully. It'll just be funny as me and my best man will probably be the only Orthodox people in the wedding (other than te priest). lol
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
Quoted from elsewhere (so as not to derail the other thread)...

GabrieltheCelt said:
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:
If he's worth it he would walk 500 miles. And 500 more.
Dear lord... why did you remind us of that?
Achronos is the Lord?  No wonder he's got a certain razzamatazz about his replies.
No, no, of course not. I'm just trying to break all 10+ commandments from the OT each week, so I had to get my "Lord's name in vain" one in. Btw, those nasty PMs you've been sending me must stop! They will not be tolerated!*


*(Gabriel has not been sending me nasty PMs, I just needed to do the "bearing false witness" commandment for the week)
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,121
Reaction score
44
Points
48
Age
41
I don't know whether to say congrats or condolences... um... well hey, you should enjoy yourself while you still have a chance, so... CONGRATS!  ;D
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
Asteriktos said:
I don't know whether to say congrats or condolences... um... well hey, you should enjoy yourself while you still have a chance, so... CONGRATS!  ;D
lol, thanks I think. :p
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,177
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm starting a new temp assignment next week. Hopefully it goes the whole three months.

I thank God for the opportunity.  :)
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
"There are people who burn books and then there are people who sit down and carefully revise away the reading lists to exclude what they don’t like, don’t think is useful, or don’t find fashionable anymore.” - Unknown
http://boston.com/community/blogs/rock_the_schoolhouse/2012/06/ray_bradbury_and_literature_in.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed2
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."  - Ambrose Bierce.  Happy 170th birthday, Old Gringo.
 

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Joined
Jul 24, 2010
Messages
17,715
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Funnest night on oc.net in a long time.

Needed it during a dreary evening.

Thanks all.

Good night!
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
Woah! When did this happen? Seems like I have a new football team to hate! (I'm a Sydney FC fan).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Sydney_Wanderers_FC
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
So I'm officially fluent in 4 languages (Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Spanish) and semi-fluent in German and Dutch.

Trying to figure what language to learn next, maybe Arabic or Russian?
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Location
Omaha
celticfan1888 said:
So I'm officially fluent in 4 languages (Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Spanish) and semi-fluent in German and Dutch.

Trying to figure what language to learn next, maybe Arabic or Russian?
Afrikaans.
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Mesa, AZ
celticfan1888 said:
So I'm officially fluent in 4 languages (Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Spanish) and semi-fluent in German and Dutch.

Trying to figure what language to learn next, maybe Arabic or Russian?
There's always Navajo, which is mutually intelligible with other Western Apache languages.  Or Romanian, which will give you a chance to read some of their most illumined Holy Fathers, who I am sure Augustin can provide you with links to the works of.  Or Blackfoot, and help to keep a very endangered language alive.  Or there's Aragonese and Leonese.  Or Irish.
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
celticfan1888 said:
So I'm officially fluent in 4 languages (Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Spanish) and semi-fluent in German and Dutch.

Trying to figure what language to learn next, maybe Arabic or Russian?
I'd recommend either C# or Python.
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
vamrat said:
Afrikaans.
Too much like Dutch. lol

JamesRottnek said:
There's always Navajo, which is mutually intelligible with other Western Apache languages.  Or Romanian, which will give you a chance to read some of their most illumined Holy Fathers, who I am sure Augustin can provide you with links to the works of.  Or Blackfoot, and help to keep a very endangered language alive.  Or there's Aragonese and Leonese.  Or Irish.
I have a feeling I couldn't find anyone to communicate with in Navajo or Blackfoot. lol

Is Irish the same language as Celtic? Because that sounds interesting.

PeterTheAleut said:
I'd recommend either C# or Python.
What?  ???
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
celticfan1888 said:
vamrat said:
Afrikaans.
Too much like Dutch. lol

JamesRottnek said:
There's always Navajo, which is mutually intelligible with other Western Apache languages.  Or Romanian, which will give you a chance to read some of their most illumined Holy Fathers, who I am sure Augustin can provide you with links to the works of.  Or Blackfoot, and help to keep a very endangered language alive.  Or there's Aragonese and Leonese.  Or Irish.
I have a feeling I couldn't find anyone to communicate with in Navajo or Blackfoot. lol

Is Irish the same language as Celtic? Because that sounds interesting.
There is no one Cletic language, it's a family of languages. The Celtic peoples living today speak either Irish (sometimes called Gaelic), Welsh, Breton, Manx, Cornish (both nearly dead), or Scots Gaelic (also nearly dead). The Scots spoken in the Lowland is Germanic and its debated whether it's really a separate language at all and not just a dialectic of English.
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Personally I'd learn Hebrew or Koine. As a Rabbi once said, "Reading the Scriptures in translation is like kissing your bride through the veil."
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
Or a Southeast Asian language because it's such a boon to the resume in some parts of the country.
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Mesa, AZ
Volnutt said:
Or a Southeast Asian language because it's such a boon to the resume in some parts of the country.
Thai would be good, or Laotian, so that you can understood the Souphanousinphones when they start yelling at each other.
 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
23,177
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Age
47
Website
archiveofourown.org
celticfan1888 said:
So I'm officially fluent in 4 languages (Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Spanish) and semi-fluent in German and Dutch.

Trying to figure what language to learn next, maybe Arabic or Russian?
That's a pretty good accomplishment.  :)
 

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
15,089
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
34
JamesRottnek said:
Volnutt said:
Or a Southeast Asian language because it's such a boon to the resume in some parts of the country.
Thai would be good, or Laotian, so that you can understood the Souphanousinphones when they start yelling at each other.
nice lol
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
biro said:
celticfan1888 said:
So I'm officially fluent in 4 languages (Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Spanish) and semi-fluent in German and Dutch.

Trying to figure what language to learn next, maybe Arabic or Russian?
That's a pretty good accomplishment.  :)
Takk you! :D
 
Top