Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Slow night 'round these parts.
OC.net or NYC?   :police:
OC.net. I'm not in NYC, I'm upstate. ;) Western NY, specifically.
There's something in NY besides NYC?  :p

But I hear ya... many boring, lonely nights I sit here wishing someone would post... please just post...  8)

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

But I hear ya... many boring, lonely nights I sit here wishing someone would post... please just post...  8)
Haha! I see what you did there.

There's nothing really on TV, and I'm the only one awake in my mom's house. Even the dogs are sleeping.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

Go post in that "Is this Common?" thread about Nietzche. Please and thank you.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Go post in that "Is this Common?" thread about Nietzche. Please and thank you.
Ok, did so, though it wasn't much help :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Statement: The hokey pokey is what it's all about.
Query: Is this true?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I am speaking, of course, of the Megadeth song by that name.

Not being able to sleep isn't that great either though.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Bane's voice in the new Batman bothered me...

He sounded too much like Baron Underbheit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2H700qZLLo

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
That person said:
JamesR said:
purchased
???
James and I are a part of the bygone age when people still buy records.

F Piracy!

Plus buying CD's yields much better audio fidelity than the 128kbps recordings people DL. Not saying you can't get FLAC files, but alot of the stuff I'm tracking down comes in either 128 or 256kbps flavors so I end up buying a used CD.

Plus used CDs on my favorite albums are like .01 on Amazon's marketplace.
The real question is, do you buy records or cd's?  Or both?

Vinyl is the way to go, bro.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Nothing like hitting Cleveland during rush hour!  ::)
Cleve-Land? Uh huh. That's a perfect weird name for this planet.

(Let's see who gets the reference)

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Insomnia stinks...
My hypersomnia made its debut in earnest for the season on Sunday evening after a week of feeling lousy.

22 or so hours straight. If I woke up throughout that time, I have no recollection of it.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

None of you are fans of that cinematic masterpiece known as Howard the Duck? What a sad commentary on the viewing habits of the members of this site!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
Insomnia stinks...
My hypersomnia made its debut in earnest for the season on Sunday evening after a week of feeling lousy.

22 or so hours straight. If I woke up throughout that time, I have no recollection of it.
You always find a way to cheer me up. I just wish it didn't have to come through your own suffering!

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
Insomnia stinks...

You always find a way to cheer me up. I just wish it didn't have to come through your own suffering!
Oh if you only knew the rest of it . . . I will let you know about the amazing manner in which my body is falling apart a little at time as to help keep your mood up.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

None of you are fans of that cinematic masterpiece known as Howard the Duck? What a sad commentary on the viewing habits of the members of this site!
If I only hadn't been sleeping.

Saw it once.  I was one of the eighteen people who manged to catch it in the theaters before it went to in-flight viewing.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Asteriktos said:
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
Insomnia stinks...

I know the feeling.

Selam

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

If I only hadn't been sleeping.

Saw it once.  I was one of the eighteen people who manged to catch it in the theaters before it went to in-flight viewing.
You've got mange?

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Asteriktos said:
Watchya doin Mr. Severian? :)
Oh, I uploaded these photos here so that I can access them anywhere. And in case the websites I got these pictures from go offline. These were basically just a variety of random pictures in my image folder.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You know we really need to do away with that saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" and replace it with "Don't judge a book by its movie"

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Severian said:
Asteriktos said:
Oh, I uploaded these photos here so that I can access them anywhere. And in case the websites I got these pictures from go offline. These were basically just a variety of random pictures in my image folder.
Ahh, okily dokily then neighbor :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
You know we really need to do away with that saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" and replace it with "Don't judge a book by its movie"
In truth! What? I think, therefore, you are correct.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Severian said:
Asteriktos said:
Ahh, okily dokily then neighbor :)
You better be hanging up my Christmas lights this year, Ned.

CoptoGeek

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Severian said:
Asteriktos said:
Ahem...dropbox.com...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
There is a reason I rarely talk about anything at work. No one really does even if they constantly run their mouths. After all, part of the corporate culture is that we all "get along".

Well, lotsa work. People who live quite well having to deal with the realities of their political choices for last decade or so coming home to roost in a very personal way. Feeling run down. And hearing the same near-racist, always classist rant turn full on racist and even more poor bashing was the straw . . .

After getting over the sound of my voice (I rarely talk to the managerial class) and shock that not everyone who seems nice and quiet and white (I'm none of the former depending on who you ask) shares their ridiculous worldview, moreover can demonstrate from what a sixth grader should know about civics and economics and local history that they are completely out to lunch, I created what I call a kurfluffle or something.

The good news. If I am disposed of as a worker, according to the conversation I had to endure for a while, the average pan handler in Cincinnati makes $80k TAX FREE per year.

Oh finally the fetters and chains I've bound myself with will come off and

I

will be

free

at last.

I will be PMing every known member of the board with my solicitation of funds for my empty gas tank. The car is just around the corner. I just need $10 to get my wife who is pregnant to the hospital.

I know you people are God loving and each will provide as much I ask for and even give more.

God bless and thank you.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I will make a free-will offering and plant a seed, but I expect a 40 fold return on my investment, cause this is my last $10.

Wait, were you serious about getting in trouble?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I will make a free-will offering and plant a seed, but I expect a 40 fold return on my investment, cause this is my last $10.

Wait, were you serious about getting in trouble?
Dude, so which angle is going to get more from you:

The lying angle and making my situation seem worse?

The "honest" angle and saying, "I just want a lot of beer money" cause at least those people are honest about what they are doing with lives?

Let me know.

I actually had to hear that latter bit. What a jaded buncha people. Casting invectives about my neighborhood and "riff-raff" that live there. The people they "respect" are those who are honest enough to say they are going to use the money for alcohol, sorry, its gonna be heron or crack as well buddy.

This guy not knowing while he is going on his racist rant about where I live as an example of the fall of America and how everyone can find a job, if they want one, that one of the quiet white people is working three jobs to support some family who have been unemployed for four years and can find no work at all.

She has to listen to this garbage all the time. But she is a happy go lucky Lutheran. And since no one actually does much discussion other than empty pontificating and polite personal questions, they don't know the older, nice, white lady is caught . . .

What was your question again?

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lucky for you, orthonorm, I have an occasionally reliable memory, and since I just mentioned vamrat, when I read of your troubles I remembered his recent good fortune from your dating thread:

vamrat said:
  I think I found the other woman, and she really sounds like a keeper.  He name is Naomi and she's the daughter of General Joseph K'pondowa of Nigeria.  She said that she has quite a fortune built up from her late father who died in the recent civil war but needs a bank account to store it up in.  She had heard that I'm a reliable man with finances (looks like my exes haven't been slandering me afterall!) so she'd like to deposit the money in my account.  I sent her the account information last night, so by this afternoon I should be a millionaire!  Oh how grand life can be sometimes!
She may have more to share, and I'm sure he still has her email address. It never hurts to try!

In reality: I hope all goes well for you at work.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
The Simpsons had a bit about different panhandling techniques. This is the only part of it I can find on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfTl8-hyXJE

You can fill in the rest for yourself.

Of course, you might want to put yourself on  the cutting edge of honesty with a "Need cash for opiates" sign.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
In reality: I hope all goes well for you at work.
Nothing ever goes well at work, hence its name.

But thanks.

It is really nothing. [Machiavellian office political maneuvers redacted.]

Wish I kept my yap shut. Now I have to deal with a bit of office politics in a less oblique manner.

I've been ranting off on and on about the situation and everything related to it (hence everything) this evening to a few folks.

This is just me winding down.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Have a Kentucky's Finest (?) or two.  ;) I'd suggest Marb Menthol, but there's no accounting for taste.  :D Sounds like what you had to say was a long time coming.