Random Postings

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
I want a kilt. I need to know what the Scots have been hiding all these years.

My friend from New Zealand, who is actually Malaysian (I believe), recommends a sarong as well.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
ironchapman said:
I want a kilt. I need to know what the Scots have been hiding all these years.

My friend from New Zealand, who is actually Malaysian (I believe), recommends a sarong as well.
Kilts are awesome. After couple of years wearing fairly slim-fit-jeans kilt is like a breath of fresh air. Even literally if it happens to be windy.

Manalive

Elder
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Have a Kentucky's Finest (?) or two.  ;) I'd suggest Marb Menthol, but there's no accounting for taste.  :D Sounds like what you had to say was a long time coming.
You would waste a perfectly good whiskey on a menthol cigarette?  :'(

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Tornado warning in Western PA, we just had a big thunderstorm go through with lots of lightning and even some small hail. Power went out for a few seconds on three separate occasions. By the looks of the radar we have an even bigger patch of stuff coming in a couple hours. Blah.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My heart goes out to your orthonorm, and if need be my money.

In any case I have to hear the same bantering all day long to the point of being so frustrated I nearly vomit.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Manalive said:
ZealousZeal said:
Have a Kentucky's Finest (?) or two.  ;) I'd suggest Marb Menthol, but there's no accounting for taste.  :D Sounds like what you had to say was a long time coming.
You would waste a perfectly good whiskey on a menthol cigarette?  :'(
Menthol cigarettes are never a waste, my friend.  ;)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I reeeally want to smoke a cigar and feel like a sophisticated man like orthonorm....
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  Sometimes, it's a La Aurora. 

Manalive

Elder
Reaction score
vamrat said:
JamesR said:
I reeeally want to smoke a cigar and feel like a sophisticated man like orthonorm....
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  Sometimes, it's a La Aurora. 
Very keen obversation of you there, Sigmund.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
akimori makoto said:
JamesR said:
Someone has a crush.
Yeah, but James can't have him.  Orthonorm's mine.
What are you talking about? He promised me he stopped seeing other people!

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
akimori makoto said:
JamesR said:
Someone has a crush.
A proper psychoanalytic approach would show something quite opposite. To disclose the reasons for the pent up libidinal rage displaced within this Oedipal economy would be disastrous for us both at this point.

In the end, I will die, but at least JamesR will live on as this works itself out and that is something for everyone to be glad about.

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
For some reason, Paul McCartney's voice when he was encouraging the crowd to sing at the Opening Ceremonies reminds me of Neil from the Young Ones, but he looks more like Rik.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I wasn't really a fan of this opening ceremony, generally speaking. I love the Parade of Nations, and the lighting of the torch of course, but other than that... not impressed.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
If you wish to be like orthonorm, stick to pipes and American Spirits.

Azurestone

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
deum-quaerens.blogspot.com
ZealousZeal said:
I wasn't really a fan of this opening ceremony, generally speaking. I love the Parade of Nations, and the lighting of the torch of course, but other than that... not impressed.
As I like to say, "I was seriously underwhelmed."

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Aindriú said:
ZealousZeal said:
As I like to say, "I was seriously underwhelmed."
Yes, exactly! Good descriptor.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Well then, the 30 seconds I saw of it must have been the high point  :D

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
If I end up staying in the USA after school (whether it be to play soccer or be a university professor/paleontologist) I want to live in Colorado/Wyoming. It is gorgeous there, the climate is awesome, the crime and taxes are relatively low, I can own my huge horse farm, it's perfect. They have a pro soccer team (Colorado Rapids) in Denver (whom I'm already in contact with), and several very recognized universities (Colorado University, Colorado State; and University of Wyoming to name a few).

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
If I end up staying in the USA after school (whether it be to play soccer or be a university professor/paleontologist) I want to live in Colorado/Wyoming. It is gorgeous there, the climate is awesome, the crime and taxes are relatively low, I can own my huge horse farm, it's perfect. They have a pro soccer team (Colorado Rapids) in Denver (whom I'm already in contact with), and several very recognized universities (Colorado University, Colorado State; and University of Wyoming to name a few).
Jigga wha? Colorado is an awful state to live in. Awful

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Achronos said:
celticfan1888 said:
Jigga wha? Colorado is an awful state to live in. Awful
Why? It's like Cowboy state. When I visited I loved it (and Wyoming on a different occasion). <3

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
christian7777 said:
Chicken tenders with barbecue sauce makes a good lunch.
I had some fried balogna for lunch. I'd rather have had what you did. :)

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I'm so sick I'm barely lucid. Anything I may have posted in the last 24 hours should be taken in that light.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
I'm so sick I'm barely lucid. Anything I may have posted in the last 24 hours should be taken in that light.
sorry to hear that ZZ, I pray you feel better,Lord have mercy! +hug+

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Hiwot said:
ZealousZeal said:
Thank you, Hiwot. :) I feel a bit better today. Definitely lucid... Which was lucky because I had to pull myself together and go to my new school to register for classes. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :p
Another victim poster to make me feel better!  :p

In other random news: my spacebar is beginning to squeak when I tap it. I refuse to buy a new keyboard though.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:
unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :p

In other random news: my spacebar is beginning to squeak when I tap it. I refuse to buy a new keyboard though.
WD-40?  ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Asteriktos said:
ZealousZeal said:

WD-40?  ;D
No it's not a star wars keyboard, just a regular one!  8)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Hiwot said:
ZealousZeal said:
Thank you, Hiwot. :) I feel a bit better today. Definitely lucid... Which was lucky because I had to pull myself together and go to my new school to register for classes. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :p
Oh, I doubt that.  I'm sure you were the prettiest little llama ever!  ;)

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
Hiwot said:
ZealousZeal said:
Oh, I doubt that.  I'm sure you were the prettiest little llama ever!   ;)

seconding this  ;D 

now if only I had your kind of excuse when mine was taken... :-[

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Hiwot said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
Hiwot said:
ZealousZeal said:

seconding this  ;D 

We need to see some pictures of you on the "What's everyone look like" thread to determine with exactitude your llamaness...  8)

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Hiwot said:
vamrat said:
ZealousZeal said:
Hiwot said:
ZealousZeal said:

seconding this  ;D 

We need to see some pictures of you on the "What's everyone look like" thread to determine with exactitude your llamaness...  8)
mine was floating around as my avatar awhile back, the pain of it staring back at me became too much to bear, so it got tossed away into oblivion   ;D  perhaps someday soon when my masochistic mood strikes again I will put it back up lol