Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
The last page on the "ban the person above" thread now makes my browser freeze and crash. Bummer.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
I just found out that both me and my fathers account numbers contains the number 666. Should I be worried?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
I just found out that both me and my fathers account numbers contains the number 666. Should I be worried?
Lenten Chipotle in my area works out to $6.66 a burrito.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Time for the Orthodox to boycott them.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
If you have a national ID card you have already enslaved yourself to satan!

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
TheMathematician said:
celticfan1888 said:
Alpo said:
celticfan1888 said:
I will live in Wyoming someday, it is decided!
So your are not planning return to Norway?
Not long term, no. Just my yearly visits for family. Now that I am getting married, I have to think about my spouses needs, and she really would go through a tough time there. Wyoming is just far enough from where we are to make a new start, but close enough for her to see her family, and for her to still accustomed to her surroundings.

Plus, Wyoming is beautiful, and I can have the horse farm I've always wanted there, and have my mountains. There's a university in Laramie, WY I can teach at after Grad School. Plus, there are tons of Scandinavians there, so I can still get my food!  :D

Granted, this is all if football doesn't pan-out first (I'm actually in France right now on trial with PSG), which could take me all over the world, but either way after I retire I will be Wyoming-bound!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PSG.

Im a Marseille supporter, what else could you expect :p
It's okay, I'm actually a Stade Rennais fan, but money can easily change that!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I recall reading a book about Nihilism and/or Existentialism which proposed an idea that Nihilism and/or Existentialism is a sort of fuel for much of the 20th century art but I have forgot both author and the title of the book in question. Annoying.

Also, I'd like to attend a mass with Bach's music and full-blown orchestra.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I'm taking a break from cleaning. My family is coming into town on Thursday, and I'm in a wedding on Saturday. Open bar.  ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Cleaning < Family < Weddings < Open Bar

Priorities are in correct order. Well done!  ;D

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
It really is amazing what you can do with a can of Chicken breast, some blue cheese, a spoonful of mayo, a spritz of balsamic vinaigrette, and a pinch of salt. Mmm... mmm... mmm... Tasty :)

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
There's a bog fire burning about eight miles from where I live that I could smell quite strongly this morning about 5 a.m. when delivering my papers. The wind must have shifted as it's not noticeable now (approx. 11 a.m.).

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
I know I'm posting two in a row but this fire is going on right now just two blocks north of my home. Fortunately, the wind is blowing the heavy smoke away from my house, though there have been evacuations.

Two smoky messes in one day!

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
genesisone said:
I know I'm posting two in a row but this fire is going on right now just two blocks north of my home. Fortunately, the wind is blowing the heavy smoke away from my house, though there have been evacuations.

Yikes! I hope it stays away from your house! Be safe.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
genesisone said:

How is it coming?  :-\

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
genesisone said:

How is it coming?  :-\
Well, this morning shortly before six o'clock when I was delivering my newspapers I was able to walk right up to building in question. There were lots of emergency vehicles around, but there was only one hose still pouring water into the building. I talked to a couple of firemen - very brief conversations - they were exhausted after having been there overnight - meaning probably twelve or more hours. Several of my customers were obviously not at home (no usual lights or cars around), but I left them the paper for their return  :). My street is still the closest one to which you are allowed to drive in - it's currently about 10:40 a.m. (They've been letting residents drive out.) The smell of smoke this morning between 5 and 6 was very strong, but has mostly dissipated.

We have had a string of suspicious fires in the city in vacant buildings that are under renovation over the past few months.

Thanks for asking.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Reading through a different thread here, it hit me that it must be a distinctly North-Western European/American Protestant phenomenon when a married man feels he has to "provide spiritually for his family", To me it just sounds funny, but also suffocating in a way. I never heard people of other backgrounds speak like that, bu I still might be wrong.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Reading through a different thread here, it hit me that it must be a distinctly North-Western European/American Protestant phenomenon when a married man feels he has to "provide spiritually for his family", To me it just sounds funny, but also suffocating in a way. I never heard people of other backgrounds speak like that, bu I still might be wrong.
Sounds creepy to me.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Signed a developmental contract with PSG of Ligue 1. I will stay in Louisiana on loan with the BRSA and New Orleans Jesters for atleast a year though, but hey I gets $$$.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
Signed a developmental contract with PSG of Ligue 1. I will stay in Louisiana on loan with the BRSA and New Orleans Jesters for atleast a year though, but hey I gets $$$.
Congrats!!  ;D

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
celticfan1888 said:
I wouldn't be bragging about a three-figure salary; hobos usually make at least four-figures.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
??? Why is it that the one word used to speak of such short words as these is five times as long as each of these words? monosyllabic ???

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I can't find my own messages anymore after changing the avatar. I keep looking for Olav but end up thinking "Who's that man on someone's avatar?"

Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
??? Why is it that the one word used to speak of such short words as these is five times as long as each of these words? monosyllabic ???
The world is full of strange phenomena.

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
celticfan1888 said:
I wouldn't be bragging about a three-figure salary; hobos usually make at least four-figures.
It's actually five-figures, but still not as much as I'm worth. *sigh* Soon, very soon I will be making the Six-Figure salary I turned down previously.  :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
   I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you were me!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you could see!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that liberty!

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Asteriktos said:
   I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you were me!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you could see!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that liberty!
POTM nomination!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Severian said:
POTM nomination!
I have a thing for girls with long fingers. When I see a youtube video featuring a woman like that... wowza!  ;D

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
    I just trimmed my nose hairs!    Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!    Don't you wish that you were me!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!    Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!    Don't you wish that you could see!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!    Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!    Don't you wish that liberty!
Amazing. :)

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I know this is two years old incident but anyway, here's two picture of Metropolitan Hilarion celebrating a liturgy at Ravenna in the church of St. Apollinaris.

It's nice to see an Orthodox bishop celebrating a liturgy in that church.