• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
It's 5:33am... I tried to sleep but couldn't... Liturgy is at 9am... should I try to make it? Decisions, decisions...
 

Severian

Taxiarches
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
6,642
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Asteriktos said:
It's 5:33am... I tried to sleep but couldn't... Liturgy is at 9am... should I try to make it? Decisions, decisions...
I do not feel competent enough to give such advice, but...

If you do make it, can you go back home and then sleep? Or would that disrupt your sleep schedule too badly?

Anyway, your Church holds a Liturgy on Saturday?
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
It's 5:33am... I tried to sleep but couldn't... Liturgy is at 9am... should I try to make it? Decisions, decisions...
Yeah I'm going Sunday.
They need a thumbs up emoticon on this forum :)

Severian said:
Asteriktos said:
It's 5:33am... I tried to sleep but couldn't... Liturgy is at 9am... should I try to make it? Decisions, decisions...
I do not feel competent enough to give such advice, but...

If you do make it, can you go back home and then sleep? Or would that disrupt your sleep schedule too badly?

Anyway, your Church holds a Liturgy on Saturday?
If I stay up for it I'll probably just stay up till tomorrow night tonight, otherwise my sleep schedule will be even more screwed up than it is now. But the liturgy tomorrow today is a special one for the liturgical new year, there ordinarily isn't one on Saturday.


EDIT--Fixed post to take into account that it is already Saturday...
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Severian said:
Asteriktos said:
It's 5:33am... I tried to sleep but couldn't... Liturgy is at 9am... should I try to make it? Decisions, decisions...
I do not feel competent enough to give such advice, but...

If you do make it, can you go back home and then sleep? Or would that disrupt your sleep schedule too badly?

Anyway, your Church holds a Liturgy on Saturday?
Mine has one today as well. Feast of the Indictionm
 

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Rashida Jones' father is Quincy Jones?!  And she was friends with Tupac Shakur?!  This is mind-blowing.  I don't know right from left anymore...
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Ionnis said:
Rashida Jones' father is Quincy Jones?!  And she was friends with Tupac Shakur?!  This is mind-blowing.  I don't know right from left anymore...
Ah yes that whole interracial episode. Once you know she was born from QJ, you can never look at her the same again. She does have quite a few resemblances of him.
 

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
36
Achronos said:
Ionnis said:
Rashida Jones' father is Quincy Jones?!  And she was friends with Tupac Shakur?!  This is mind-blowing.  I don't know right from left anymore...
Ah yes that whole interracial episode. Once you know she was born from QJ, you can never look at her the same again. She does have quite a few resemblances of him.
I find (found?) Rashida extremely attractive and now all I see is Quincy Jones.  It's weird. 
 
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
288
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a fantasy football draft at 1:00 AM. For once I'll actually have a reason for staying up late. :)
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
christian7777 said:
I have a fantasy football draft at 1:00 AM. For once I'll actually have a reason for staying up late. :)
LOL. Good luck. Mine was this past Tuesday. My starting lineup is...

QB - Philip Rivers
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Marques Colston
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Trent Richardson
TE - Vernon Davis
D - San Francisco
K - David Akers

That's supposing Richardson is ready for week one. Not that I'm expecting big things from him. Oh, also had to get a backup D off the waver wire because I didn't realise San Fran plays Green Bay week one. Ugh. I won our league last year. Not sure if that lineup will get me another win, but I guess we'll see...
 

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
I missed my deadline to sign up with my group of friends for fantasy football so I'm not doing it this year and this makes me cranky. Everything is making me cranky. It's out of control.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
I moved my computer from the Southern wall to the Eastern corner, but it remains in the same room. I thought you all should know.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
Next week I'm going to order the same icon that I currently have as my avatar and put it on a corner shelf above my monitor. It'll be like they're looking down on me  :eek: :angel:

 

Attachments

stavros_388

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Asteriktos said:
christian7777 said:
I have a fantasy football draft at 1:00 AM. For once I'll actually have a reason for staying up late. :)
LOL. Good luck. Mine was this past Tuesday. My starting lineup is...

QB - Philip Rivers
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Marques Colston
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Trent Richardson
TE - Vernon Davis
D - San Francisco
K - David Akers

That's supposing Richardson is ready for week one. Not that I'm expecting big things from him. Oh, also had to get a backup D off the waver wire because I didn't realise San Fran plays Green Bay week one. Ugh. I won our league last year. Not sure if that lineup will get me another win, but I guess we'll see...
I guess I should have picked up a back-up D for the same reason... but I did not.  :(

My starting line-up for now looks like this:

QB Phil Rivers
RB Ray Rice
RB Shonn Greene (till Mathews is good)
WR Dez Bryant
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Fred Davis (till Witten is good)
W/R Steven Jackson
K Nate Kaeding
D SF

I had Rivers last year and kind of planned to avoid him this year. Didn't go as planned. As long as he stops with all the picks he has been throwing, we'll be okay. I think having 6 kids is making it hard for him to focus, sleep, and everything else.
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Asteriktos said:
Next week I'm going to order the same icon that I currently have as my avatar and put it on a corner shelf above my monitor. It'll be like they're looking down on me  :eek: :angel:
I'd like to order mine, where?
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Next week I'm going to order the same icon that I currently have as my avatar and put it on a corner shelf above my monitor. It'll be like they're looking down on me  :eek: :angel:
I'd like to order mine, where?
I assume you mean the icon, not your avatar  ;D  It can be ordered from Come and See Icons, and is listed here as:

The Three Holy Hierarchs    zcj-01    10.5" x 5.4"    $30
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
stavros_388 said:
I guess I should have picked up a back-up D for the same reason... but I did not.  :(

My starting line-up for now looks like this:

QB Phil Rivers
RB Ray Rice
RB Shonn Greene (till Mathews is good)
WR Dez Bryant
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Fred Davis (till Witten is good)
W/R Steven Jackson
K Nate Kaeding
D SF

I had Rivers last year and kind of planned to avoid him this year. Didn't go as planned. As long as he stops with all the picks he has been throwing, we'll be okay. I think having 6 kids is making it hard for him to focus, sleep, and everything else.
Looks good. Tis always the waver wire to pick up a D... I picked up the Jets (who play Buffalo week 1)...
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:
Asteriktos said:
Next week I'm going to order the same icon that I currently have as my avatar and put it on a corner shelf above my monitor. It'll be like they're looking down on me  :eek: :angel:
I'd like to order mine, where?
I assume you mean the icon, not your avatar  ;D   It can be ordered from Come and See Icons, and is listed here as:

The Three Holy Hierarchs     zcj-01     10.5" x 5.4"     $30
Thanks.

I like this one:
http://www.comeandseeicons.com/groups/phn105.htm
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,501
Reaction score
265
Points
83
Age
41
Was it being all saints of America icons bought on the internet in 19th century Russia? Not with the dial-up speeds back then, I can be telling you!  8)
 

celticfan1888

Archon
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
30
Location
Louisiana
Fantasy Gridiron Football line-up:

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Peyton Hillis
RB - Brandon Jackson
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Michael Crabtree
TE - Owen Daniels
W/R - Darrius Heyward-Bey
K - Dan Bailey
D - Cardinals
 

stavros_388

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Sep 5, 2010
Messages
1,325
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Asteriktos said:
stavros_388 said:
I guess I should have picked up a back-up D for the same reason... but I did not.  :(

My starting line-up for now looks like this:

QB Phil Rivers
RB Ray Rice
RB Shonn Greene (till Mathews is good)
WR Dez Bryant
WR Vincent Jackson
TE Fred Davis (till Witten is good)
W/R Steven Jackson
K Nate Kaeding
D SF

I had Rivers last year and kind of planned to avoid him this year. Didn't go as planned. As long as he stops with all the picks he has been throwing, we'll be okay. I think having 6 kids is making it hard for him to focus, sleep, and everything else.
Looks good. Tis always the waver wire to pick up a D... I picked up the Jets (who play Buffalo week 1)...
Good call (I'm still a bit green at this). I grabbed the Eagles D for week 1 (they play the Browns).
 
Top