• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Muffin Song

Ta en kopp med mel og sleng det oppi bollen sammen med en miks.
Søte ting er best, men ikke sitronknoller, en dæsj med salt bare litt.
Bakingen er en kjempehit og en teskje med vanilje.
Gjør det med ett flir og tell til fir for vi gjør det jo med vilje.

Muffins, så søte gode.
Muffins, ikke på hodet.
Muffins, muffins, muffins, mufiiins!

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
If you're gonna grow it out that long, I feel having no sideburns and a short moustache is just silly.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Please post a picture of a better beard to emulate!  :angel:

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Well see that works even better, seeing as how I'm going bald anyway and usually have my head shaved  ;D

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Wait a second, that's not the dude from Demon Hunter is it? ? ? ? ? ? I've been duped!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
The latter is more Orthodox model. If I've understood correctly you have been struggling with your faith over the years. You could try whether an orthobeard would make your faith more stable. :police:

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Just haven't been able to get into Demon Hunter and was joking around. But hmm... an Orthodox beard leading to an Orthodox faith... it's just crazy enough to work!  ;D

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Just haven't been able to get into Demon Hunter and was joking around. But hmm... an Orthodox beard leading to an Orthodox faith... it's just crazy enough to work!  ;D
They're okay. I generally find they're more symphonic ballady singles to be better than the bulk of their album material.

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Yeah, find out! :D

On a side note, Demon Hunter is a pretty good band to me, though I prefer As I Lay Dying in terms of melodic metalcore bands with Christians/Christian themes.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Is it sacreligious to sample lyrics from a legendary classic rock song to use as a chorus for a hip-hop song?

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
The world is doomed

Evolutionary biologists say humans will eventually homogenize, and approach the appearance of mixed-race Brazilians.
A few centuries from now, we're all going to look like Brazilians.
http://www.livescience.com/23277-will-humans-eventually-all-look-like-brazilians.html

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Fabio Leite said:
The world is doomed

Evolutionary biologists say humans will eventually homogenize, and approach the appearance of mixed-race Brazilians.
http://www.livescience.com/23277-will-humans-eventually-all-look-like-brazilians.html

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
JamesR said:
Is it sacreligious to sample lyrics from a legendary classic rock song to use as a chorus for a hip-hop song?
Apparently it is not if you transform the whole song into samba. The group Sambô lives mostly of that:

Mercedez Benz / Sunday Bloody Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrMH4mxjes

I Feel Good / Satisfaction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwxEFu1Ns0

Smells Like Teen Spirit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmkqln9a0jw

Rock & Roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ii33VGuuY

celticfan1888 said:
Fabio Leite said:
The world is doomed

It's happening. :)

Reaction score
Fabio Leite said:
The world is doomed

I like Brazil, so I'm okay. :) On a side note, I thought there were a lot of white Brazilians; about 47% are white and about 43% are mixed, I believe.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Moon Ring on 1st of October.

Last night around 1AM with a nearly full moon high in the sky, the largest and probably most spectacularly colored moon ring I have ever seen was formed.

And this is with all the accompanying light pollution of living smack dab in a city.

The apparent size of the moon was so small which made the nearly sky wide moon ring all the more impressive.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

Last night around 1AM with a nearly full moon high in the sky, the largest and probably most spectacularly colored moon ring I have ever seen was formed.

And this is with all the accompanying light pollution of living smack dab in a city.

The apparent size of the moon was so small which made the nearly sky wide moon ring all the more impressive.
OMG- I saw that! I was wondering what was going on. Thanks!

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

"Last night, the moon had a golden ring,
      And to-night no moon we see!"

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ebor said:
orthonorm said:

"Last night, the moon had a golden ring,
     And to-night no moon we see!"
Oh, NO! The man in the moon has become a wraith! :eek: ;)

celticfan1888

Archon
Reaction score
Took a few days off running, and when I went out to train for the scouts today I was running like I never had before. I guess your muscles need time to recover, who'd have guessed? ;)

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I'm friends with a famous actress from my hometown on FB now.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
I'm in Iowa right now.. Man there's like a church on every corner.
What city and how long will you be there?