Random Postings

Myrrh23

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
1,639
Reaction score
0
Points
0
HandmaidenofGod said:
Ian Lazarus said:
Salt Pork, Oxtail and Bean soup.  Making it now....
I think I just felt my cholesterol jump 500 points!

I really should be reading King Henry V now for World Civ., but I just don't feel like it.
I should be studying my Chinese, but I found two spiders in my bedroom today, so I'm cleaing my bedroom while typing on my computer! Someone call Guiness. :p
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,641
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ian Lazarus said:
Salt Pork, Oxtail and Bean soup.  Making it now....
FART FOOD!!  Yeahhhh!!  :laugh: :laugh:
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,641
Reaction score
0
Points
0
mike said:
LBK said:
FART FOOD!!  Yeahhhh!!  :laugh: :laugh:
Try bigos, pea soup or Breton beans.
Lima beans baked in a rich tomato sauce with baby onions.
Home-made cauliflower soup.
Baba ghanoush with lots of garlic. Or skordalia (one head of garlic to 1 1/2 lb potatoes - breath's good enough to strip paint or wallpaper at ten paces.)
Leek pie.
..... and, let's not forget, a mound of steaming, golden barbecued onion rings! BLISS! (also great for Dutch ovens.  ;D)
 

LBK

Toumarches
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
13,641
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Photo from New Zealand? (Riddi, is my guess right?) Interesting looking dog, looks like a border collie-kelpie cross. Which means it would be a seriously intelligent and capable dog.
 

Ian Lazarus

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
1,545
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Beano doesen't work.  It makes the gas worse.  I know.  I had to spend a week durring the summer isloated from family friends and farm animals.  Not a pretty sight.

Pork Rules!
 

mike

Protostrator
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
24,873
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
29
Location
Białystok / Warsaw
Ian Lazarus said:
Beano doesen't work.  It makes the gas worse.  I know.  I had to spend a week durring the summer isloated from family friends and farm animals.  Not a pretty sight.

Pork Rules!
Post of the month nominee!
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
48
Location
Portland, Oregon
Ahhh, my favorite snack.  A sardine sandwich:  a can of sardines in hot sauce (sans the tin can) between slices of an English muffin...  Good stuff.  Goes down even better with a beer. ;D  Of course, I will be burping fish in about a half-hour. (Eat it now; taste it later.) :p
 

SolEX01

Toumarches
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
13,747
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Central Maryland
Website
www.goarch.org
ytterbiumanalyst said:
PeterTheAleut said:
SolEX01 said:
Sardines are too salty - might as well eat Doritos.   :)
Sardines are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Whereas Doritos are an excellent source of artificial colouring.
There are natural and organic alternatives to Doritos with less sodium and no artificial coloring.
 

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
8,785
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Springfield, MO
SolEX01 said:
PeterTheAleut said:
SolEX01 said:
Sardines are too salty - might as well eat Doritos.   :)
Sardines are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Which one can get in high quality capsules from Vitamin Shoppe.
Not the same. The body absorbs vitamins from food differently than from capsules. I have a class in five minutes, so I can't go looking for evidence right now, but I'll try to find a good article tonight.
 

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
8,785
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Location
Springfield, MO
SolEX01 said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
PeterTheAleut said:
SolEX01 said:
Sardines are too salty - might as well eat Doritos.   :)
Sardines are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Whereas Doritos are an excellent source of artificial colouring.
There are natural and organic alternatives to Doritos with less sodium and no artificial coloring.
Sure are! We love the blue corn chips we get from our organic grocer.
 
Top