Random Postings

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
The funny thing is that its not just the boys. There are some girls in my classes that I can't stand to close to when helping them with their math because the smell is so unpleasant.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Papist said:
The funny thing is that its not just the boys. There are some girls in my classes that I can't stand to close to when helping them with their math because the smell is so unpleasant.
It's like that for me sometimes riding a city bus.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Ohhhhh.....city buses are horrific in Detroit.  I don't think they ever get cleaned.

I used to ride the bus downtown to attend University.  I would never put my head back to touch the seat.  It was always so greasy...and the windows so grimy that you couldn't even see out of them.

(cringing at the memory)

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LizaSymonenko said:
Ohhhhh.....city buses are horrific in Detroit.  I don't think they ever get cleaned.

I used to ride the bus downtown to attend University.  I would never put my head back to touch the seat.  It was always so greasy...and the windows so grimy that you couldn't even see out of them.

(cringing at the memory)
The only time I've ever seen the Portland, Oregon, buses look like that is during the few days after a winter snowstorm (which we only get here once every five years or so) when they get covered with dirt from the melting snow and slush their tires throw up on them.  Even then, most of the grime is on the outside; the inside still remains moderately clean.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
No Home Ec?  Bummer....you missed out on all the meatloaf recipes!  ;-)

Most likely those who made Alveus Lacuna's lunch didn't have Home Ec either....as they skipped the drumstick...a crucial part of every fried chicken meal!
;)

Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
If more women sewed their own clothes, there would be less criticisms by Staci London, host of What Not to Wear.

I do emphatize with women who go into the finest boutiques in NYC and can't find absolutely nothing to wear.

Where have you gone, Home Economics Class?   ???
I had Home Ec! I also have a Grandmother who was a professional Seamstress.

I hate to sew! I have absolutely no patience for it. Thank God for store bought clothes!

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
I don't mind sewing....until I realize I've sewn it on the wrong "bias"....so when I put on the skirt that I so lovingly sewed, the one half droops. 
:mad:

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
http://orthphoto.net/photo.php?id=4042&id_jezyk=1

That Hieromonk on the right side looks familiar.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Papist said:
Thank God we have minimal public transportatin in New Mexico. LOL
I heard that Albuquerque has a pretty good commuter rail line along the I-25 Corridor.

Denver is trying to do something similar with RTD along the I-25 Corridor.  I believe Amtrak identified the corridor as a future high speed corridor?  ???

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
LizaSymonenko said:
No Home Ec?  Bummer....you missed out on all the meatloaf recipes!  ;-)
I faintly recall making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the 6th Grade.  The older students made salads and cakes.  I also remember taking typing; I still remember my home keys even though I'm a fast fat fingered typist (say that five times).

LizaSymonenko said:
Most likely those who made Alveus Lacuna's lunch didn't have Home Ec either....as they skipped the drumstick...a crucial part of every fried chicken meal! ;)
I like fried chicken breast - more meat and juicy meat, yummy.  :laugh:  Time to visit my local KFC.  :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score

I wonder why some states are leaner. At first I thought maybe it had to do with outdoorsy activity, but after thinking about it I don't think that is a major factor.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
This is a test. It is only a test. Do not change your settings. The test will end shortly. BUZZ.