Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
True. Perhaps I should have posted something more upbeat. I'll do that now. Here is the fantastic album cover of Smell the Glove by Spinal Tap...

Vocatio

Reaction score
Fr. George said:
greekischristian said:
This would have to be the most pointless thread I've seen since I've been here, much less participated in.
And believe it or not, this was pretty much the intent of the thread... so maybe it is one of the ones that has stayed "on topic" the longest!
lol

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Asteriktos said:
That kitty doesn't look very happy.
No, he's just seriously embarrassed at being caught clowning around. (I've had more than 35 years experience with pet cats, they HATE being sprung doing undignified things  ;D)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ever experience one of those times when you've been up for a day and a half or more, and you think you'd better go to sleep, but part of you wonders how long you could stay awake before you were absolutely forced to go to sleep from exhaustion? Yeah. I think I'll just pop in a DVD and go to sleep, lol. Good night all.

Vocatio

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Ever experience one of those times when you've been up for a day and a half or more, and you think you'd better go to sleep, but part of you wonders how long you could stay awake before you were absolutely forced to go to sleep from exhaustion? Yeah. I think I'll just pop in a DVD and go to sleep, lol. Good night all.

I've done this way too many times while in the military and college.  It doesn't work well.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
I've started putting up my Christmas lights today. They are all solar powered so I can light up every tree in the front garden with no fear of reproof.
I just realised this is the fifth Christmas this thread is going to see.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
I've started putting up my Christmas lights today. They are all solar powered so I can light up every tree in the front garden with no fear of reproof.
Kinda scary, ain't it?

Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
When I first read this my immediate thought was "Noooo! It's not even Thanksgiving yet!" Then I realized "Hey, he's in Australia. He doesn't give a rat about our Thanksgiving."

Here in the States, the fourth Thursday of November is when we celebrate Thanksgiving and is the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season. So what calls in the Christmas season in your neck of the woods?

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
Up here the instant Hallowe'en is over, the Christmas season starts.  All the Hallowe'en candy, costumes and commercials vanish, and Christmas things are everywhere.
It's pretty nuts, eh?

Friul

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Loc
Website
www.iheu.org
Ukiemeister said:
Nebelpfade said:
Up here the instant Hallowe'en is over, the Christmas season starts.  All the Hallowe'en candy, costumes and commercials vanish, and Christmas things are everywhere.
It's pretty nuts, eh?
Stores must do a massive inventory blitz that night.  You walk in on Nov. 1, and there are trees, Santas, ornaments, faux snow, etc.  :p

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
HandmaidenofGod said:
So what calls in the Christmas season in your neck of the woods?
For me personally its Advent which began yesterday (I'm on the Revised Julian Menologion).
Awwww. I wish we were onto christmas season already. I have had to force myself to wait to put my tree and other decorations.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yet another new page in a thread replete with new pages.  Or old new pages.  But this one will be a new old new page, which will be new and yet old in this thread.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Another Twilight movie is coming out. Was that really necessary?