Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Ok, I get it.  That's some pretty circular thinking there but I still got it.

Lucy in the sky + yo quiro taco bell = there are beetles in taco bell's beef.

Gotcha, Mr. Riddler.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Just finished a nice cup of hot coffee, a good pipe of EMP, and sat out on my porch in a cool drizzle.  It was nice.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I'm hoping the flu I have goes away, so I'll be well enough to go to church on Sunday and Monday. :)

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I was going to home school my kids, but I didn't like the teacher. :eek:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
biro said:
I'm hoping the flu I have goes away, so I'll be well enough to go to church on Sunday and Monday. :)
Ugh, the flu stinks, get better soon!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I've got three books--all of which I've enjoyed so far--sitting on my coffee table, and what am I doing? surfing the internet, endlessly refreshing, waisting away the night!  ::) :-\ ;D

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
I have a confession to make. I'm 41, and I wear braces.
I am 41 and I do not, but I am very lucky.  I am the only one who never needed them.  My mother said it had something to do with being a big mouth.  I think it was an insult. :-[

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
PeterTheAleut said:
I have a confession to make. I'm 41, and I wear braces.
I am 41 and I do not, but I am very lucky.  I am the only one who never needed them.  My mother said it had something to do with being a big mouth.  I think it was an insult. :-[
Just think of it as a large resonating oral chamber. ;D

Eastern Mind

High Elder
Reaction score
Here's an exotic shorthair kitten meowing at a persian cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2eEsVsFvQ

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Is it natural for me--a 16 year old boy--to have an undying crush and attraction toward a 30 year old woman at my Church who's always nice to me, offering me food and dressing attractively? I mean, I freaking have fantasies about marrying her...

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Is it natural for me--a 16 year old boy--to have an undying crush and attraction toward a 30 year old woman at my Church who's always nice to me, offering me food and dressing attractively? I mean, I freaking have fantasies about marrying her...
No.

Yes

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Is she a hostess at Olive Garden?

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
What the hell? No, she's a 30 year old Greek woman who ironically has a daughter only 2 years younger than me that I am actually not as attracted to.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
What the hell? No, she's a 30 year old Greek woman who ironically has a daughter only 2 years younger than me that I am actually not as attracted to.
That's a pity. Olive oil could have come in handy.

To make delicious Greek meals of course

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
So, she dresses nice and wants to give you food but she doesn't work in a restaurant AND she is old enough to be your mom...

I think it's normal to be attracted to a good woman, but don't get carried away with it.  Oh, and you may want clean up your language.  That's a sure fire way to turn any lady off, even ones young enough for you.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
So, she dresses nice and wants to give you food but she doesn't work in a restaurant AND she is old enough to be your mom...

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score

A picture from my former home town. Fairly strong contrast to noisy streets of Helsinki.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Have you talked to your mother about this?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
JamesR said:
It's fine James. Ignore the obvious and not clever jokes or any sign for concern.

NBD.

You are just more open with people you probably ought not be about things most people just keep to themselves.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
JamesR said:
When I was 21 I was infatuated with a 40 year old woman from New Zealand who had kids and was married to an adulterous pastor and who I'd never met. ... It's normal to be attracted to people. ;D

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I have fantasies with the lady who cuts my hair. Something about the way she rubs my head when washing my hair, and gently caressing my hair strands when styling it.

She just became single. Hmm to make a move or not...

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Nah.  I totally have a crush on Roza Shanina.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
I have fantasies with the lady who cuts my hair. Something about the way she rubs my head when washing my hair, and gently caressing my hair strands when styling it.

Dude, that's totally a signal she's interested. There's one way to make sure: next time you go, compliment her on her technique. If she thanks you or otherwise responds well that means she's way into you, because if she's not into you and you complimented her like that she'd say something like "Wait, I don't want to mislead you, I don't want you to be my baby daddy." Go for it!

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:

Dude, that's totally a signal she's interested. There's one way to make sure: next time you go, compliment her on her technique. If she thanks you or otherwise responds well that means she's way into you, because if she's not into you and you complimented her like that she'd say something like "Wait, I don't want to mislead you, I don't want you to be my baby daddy." Go for it!
That, or she gives him a terrible hair cut. :D

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
JamesR said:
No, that would be weird. Why would I do that? "Hey mom, I'm attracted to this nice Greek lady who's your age because she's pretty, gives me food and is nice to me, is it normal? I have fantasies about marrying her?"

Peter, you are a wise elderly man, give me your insight.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
JamesR said:

Do it. Do it!!! Maybe older women are better after all.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
PeterTheAleut said:
JamesR said:
No, that would be weird. Why would I do that? "Hey mom, I'm attracted to this nice Greek lady who's your age because she's pretty, gives me food and is nice to me, is it normal? I have fantasies about marrying her?"

Peter, you are a wise elderly man, give me your insight.
I'm not wise, and I'm definitely not elderly. LOL! :laugh: I have been around the block enough times, though, to know that there are just some things that are better discussed with your parents, your psychologist, or your priest than with anonymous yahoos on an Internet discussion board.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:

I think it's normal to be attracted to a good woman, but don't get carried away with it.  Oh, and you may want clean up your language.  That's a sure fire way to turn any lady off, even ones young enough for you.
James is into women, but I'm not sure he wants a lady.  8) And being of similar tongue to James, I think I've resigned myself to never getting anyone especially ladylike. I can't see myself in a serious relationship with someone I wouldn't feel comfortable cussing around.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
30 year old woman with 14 year old daughter.  I think the mother wants you to go out with her daughter.  The mother believes that you are a better person than her daughter's father.  You should ask where is the father of her daughter and ask about the relationship between the mother and her own father.  Chances are that you'll find some dysfunction between the mother and her own father and more dysfunction between the daughter and her father.  You don't want to be an idealized version of someone else.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
30 year old woman with 14 year old daughter.  I think the mother wants you to go out with her daughter.  The mother believes that you are a better person than her daughter's father.  You should ask where is the father of her daughter and ask about the relationship between the mother and her own father.  Chances are that you'll find some dysfunction between the mother and her own father and more dysfunction between the daughter and her father.  You don't want to be an idealized version of someone else.
James is 16 and full of hormones. What do those hormones know?

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
PeterTheAleut said:
SolEX01 said:
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
James is 16 and full of hormones. What do those hormones know?
He has to learn his own lessons in life.  If he wants to be someone's idealized daddy, he should go for it.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So does that mean I get both her and her daughter?

And for the record, let's just face it. If I can't find a woman who's comfortable with me using excessive profanity then I will never be fully comfortable and at ease around her.