Random Postings

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
HandmaidenofGod said:
IN TWO MORE DAYS I'LL BE IN ATLANTA!!!!

(I'm just a wee bit excited, can't you tell?  :laugh: )
Hope you have a nice trip! (though I suppose by the time you read this, you might be back from Atlanta... but anyway... ) :)

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
01-02-2010 is a palindrome, the first time it has happened since 08-31-1380, or 629 years and change ago.  The next palindrome date will occur on 11-02-2011.

For those who use the European dating system, a lot of palindromes will occur.  Refer to the article for more info:

New Year's Day is celebrated because it's the start of a new calendar year and another opportunity to look forward, and resolve to do things differently - better, we hope - in the year to come.

But what about Jan. 2, 2010? As it happens, this year it's a rare opportunity to look at the date itself - both forward and backward.

The date is a palindrome. When written as a series of digits - month, date and year - it reads the same, from left to right, as it does from right to left: 01-02-2010.

Better still, it's only the second such date in the lives of anyone living today. And that idea holds a particular fascination for anyone as tuned in to numbers as Aziz S. Inan, a professor of engineering at the University of Portland, in Oregon state....
source

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
01-02-2010 is a palindrome, the first time it has happened since 08-31-1380, or 629 years and change ago.  The next palindrome date will occur on 11-02-2011.

For those who use the European dating system, a lot of palindromes will occur.  Refer to the article for more info:

New Year's Day is celebrated because it's the start of a new calendar year and another opportunity to look forward, and resolve to do things differently - better, we hope - in the year to come.

But what about Jan. 2, 2010? As it happens, this year it's a rare opportunity to look at the date itself - both forward and backward.

The date is a palindrome. When written as a series of digits - month, date and year - it reads the same, from left to right, as it does from right to left: 01-02-2010.

Better still, it's only the second such date in the lives of anyone living today. And that idea holds a particular fascination for anyone as tuned in to numbers as Aziz S. Inan, a professor of engineering at the University of Portland, in Oregon state....
source
Even if you write dates in the format yyyy-mm-dd, today's date still comes out a palindrome.  2010-01-02  Spooky! :-\

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nebelpfade said:
mike said:
mm-dd-yyyy - I'll never get used to it.
It is terrible over here.  Some use the European formatting, while others use the American formatting.  There really is no standard.

dd/mm/yyyy just seems the most natural to me.
You'll get your chance for Palindrome on February 1st...

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
Alveus Lacuna said:
On my way to Archon.
Hope the journey is meaningful! ;)
Nope.  I hope all the posts to get there are trite and meaningless, as it is an accurate reflection of my personality.  Oh, self-debasing!  How Orthodox I have become.  The worstest, most miserable and indolent of sinners ever upon the face of this wretched earth, that be the man that I am!  Woe of woes!

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
At Warsaw Technological University (where I study) each course has one humanistic classes and we have philosophy. Tomorrow I have a test and one of the issues are thought of Thomas Aquinas. Should I sue the University of discriminating the Orthodox?