Random Postings

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Achronos said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
The NCAA National Championship is actually about football. People don't spend 50% of the time discussing and analyzing the halftime show and the commercials.
Uh huh. I saw commercials when I watched the BCS game this year. And wasn't there a halftime show, I can't remember.

Sure, the National Championship is hyped up and promoted for weeks leading up to it, but it's still about the actual game.
And the Super Bowl isn't?

I didn't know corporations got a trophy for best SB commercial.

Also, they utilize the power for the football game rather than blowing the fuses on a halftime pole dance.
Because power outages never happen when hosting a game.

rather than blowing the fuses on a halftime pole dance.
Look at this post. Just look at it.

Some people like Jerry Springer, Oprah, professional wrastlin', and the Super Bowl. I can't argue with them. If that's what they like, that's what they like. I just have different tastes. For example, with all the legendary musicians that hail from New Orleans, I would have liked to have seen a local artist perform. But screw culture, tradition, and taste, this is the Super Bowl. Maybe next year they should have a gay pride parade at halftime. (Dang, I just gave Babylon another idea.)

Selam

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey did you know the BCS game was sponsored by Pfizer, who manufactures Viagara and helps in research for newer forms of birth control, and probably abortion?

ok not really, but I thought it was funny.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
serb1389 said:
anyone ever think that Ewok's are just the original form of the Wookies?  Kind of like the theory of relativity..but Star Wars...?
It is also possible that the Wookies came first, and the Ewoks are just Wookies that evolved to fit their new surrondings. Or share a same parent species, just evolved differently.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Ewok: Knock knock?
Wookie: Who's there?
Ewok: Yub nub!
Wookie: AIIIIGGGHHHHHHHH!
Ewok: *stares*

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
TheMathematician said:
serb1389 said:
anyone ever think that Ewok's are just the original form of the Wookies?  Kind of like the theory of relativity..but Star Wars...?
It is also possible that the Wookies came first, and the Ewoks are just Wookies that evolved to fit their new surrondings. Or share a same parent species, just evolved differently.
The original intent was to make the Wookies fill that role in RotJ, but Lucas changed the script, since having Chewbacca come from such a primitive people would be at odds with his role working a spaceship. And then Lucas decided that since he was changing things around, he might as well milk an opportunity to sell stuffed animals.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
That person said:
TheMathematician said:
serb1389 said:
anyone ever think that Ewok's are just the original form of the Wookies?  Kind of like the theory of relativity..but Star Wars...?
The original intent was to make the Wookies fill that role in RotJ, but Lucas changed the script, since having Chewbacca come from such a primitive people would be at odds with his role working a spaceship. And then Lucas decided that since he was changing things around, he might as well milk an opportunity to sell stuffed animals.
Wookies would have been hella coola.  

Let him who replaces wookies with troglodyte teddy bears be anathema.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously is there a better shoe than the Nikair Uptowns white on white?

They go good in everything. Love the low and mid versions, wish it came out in high top all white.

I like the all white high top strap with the gum bottom, there's something bout them that's dirty why I got 'em. I leave um strapped and laced and come up out um

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Seriously is there a better shoe than the Nikair Uptowns white on white?

They go good in everything. Love the low and mid versions, wish it came out in high top all white.

I like the all white high top strap with the gum bottom, there's something bout them that's dirty why I got 'em. I leave um strapped and laced and come up out um
I've been rocking New Balances lately. I'm pretty satisfied.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
One of those truly beautiful pieces of French poetry:

Souvent femme varie,
bien fol est qui s'y fie!

Une femme souvent
n'est qu'une plume au vent!

In order to keep the mods happy, my own (bad) translation:

Oft women are fickle
a fool is he who trusts her.

Oft a woman
is nothing but a leave in the wind

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Jesus is truly the Messiah who wants us to be happy and loves us because He gave us the permission to eat bacon.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Which ones?

I'm looking for a good running shoe.
A 1540. My feet are pretty broad and super-flat, so that may or may not be what would be best for you.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Which ones?

I'm looking for a good running shoe.
They sale them in pairs, because otherwise it'll cause an imbalance, and besides they can make more money that way!

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
They sale them in pairs, because otherwise it'll cause an imbalance, and besides they can make more money that way!
I kant spell.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
I'm so happy that I don't have driving lessons right now. I can't remember much of last night and it only was 4 or 5 hours ago.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I'm so happy that I don't have driving lessons right now. I can't remember much of last night and it only was 4 or 5 hours ago.
Someone slip you a date rape drug?  :eek:

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Cyrillic said:
Someone slip you a date rape drug?  :eek:
Oh no. Well. No. I don't think so. I only had the usual Dutch stuff.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
Cyrillic said:
Someone slip you a date rape drug?  :eek:
Oh no. Well. No. I don't think so. I only had the usual Dutch stuff.
You realise some chick could be after your superior genetics and making you her baby-daddy, right? Be careful!

Nephi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I already disliked furries, but a used diaper-wearing one?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was laughing really hard thinking it was complete BS, but then I did some more research and this dude is 100% legit.

Then I got so depressed.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I love my job.  Who wouldn't love putting in 82.5 hours the first week of the month, then get called in on Sunday to work some more knowing you have another long week ahead of you, all resulting from poor planning and indecision on the part of your supervisors?  This following 290+ hours last month. Why would anyone want to retire?  Who needs overtime instead of salary?

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Apparently, roller skating is not like riding a bicycle. You do forget how. What happened? I used to be a good roller skater. I was fast as lightning. I couldn’t skate backwards or do any tricks, but man I could fly around the rink. Of course the last time I skated was about 1980. Thought I’d just pick right back up where I left off. That didn’t happen. But the good news is that I didn’t break anything. And even though I fell a lot, I sure had a blast with the children. What a fun night!

Selam

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Apparently, roller skating is not like riding a bicycle. You do forget how. What happened? I used to be a good roller skater. I was fast as lightning. I couldn’t skate backwards or do any tricks, but man I could fly around the rink. Of course the last time I skated was about 1980. Thought I’d just pick right back up where I left off. That didn’t happen. But the good news is that I didn’t break anything. And even though I fell a lot, I sure had a blast with the children. What a fun night!

Selam
I avoided the roller skating rink in my youth because I was so awful at it.

I don't dare try ice skating either.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
  • I don't want to work 82 hours a week.
  • I don't have avocados in my apartment at the moment.
  • I do not wear diapers.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
I love my job.  Who wouldn't love putting in 82.5 hours the first week of the month, then get called in on Sunday to work some more knowing you have another long week ahead of you, all resulting from poor planning and indecision on the part of your supervisors?  This following 290+ hours last month. Why would anyone want to retire?  Who needs overtime instead of salary?
What is it that you do?

And you are not on a salary either?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That one moment where you are down 0-8 (rounds) in counter strike, only to comeback and win it 16-14.

Best feeling...EVER.