Random Postings

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:
JamesR said:
Tallitots is gay? Makes sense...I don't see much straight men giving such good fashion advice on the pictures thread.
Oh you just haven't seen my metrosexual side yet.

Ask William.
Perhaps we'd better not, if we wish to abide by forum rules  :eek:
you're just jealy
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,294
Reaction score
124
Points
63
Age
41
Clearly a transitional species between humans and our ocean-dwelling ancestors   ;D
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,294
Reaction score
124
Points
63
Age
41
I went to bed for a nap tonight and had a dream that Chobani's was still open in Portage and I was shopping in there and the clerk said "if you spend two more dollars you get ten dollars off" or something like that so I bought a bunch of strawberries for about $2.49 and then I woke up.

 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,294
Reaction score
124
Points
63
Age
41
Every time I want to read my book I refresh the forum first and... whatdoyaknow... new posts by our newest regular poster... and then I get stuck reading and responding for another 5 minutes... and then repeat the process...

Well that's it! I'm going to go read now! 

(be back in 5 minutes)
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
I baked a cake and it turned out alright.
Εὔγε!  :)

Btw, ain't it Ash Wednesday in the Netherlands today?  :police: 
I'm doing Lent on the Julian, honestly!  ;)

Ah no, I'm greatly underweight (50-55kg while I'm around 2 meter tall) and would probably be hospitalised if I'd fast. I'll fast from some other things though.
 

Romaios

Archon
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
I baked a cake and it turned out alright.
Εὔγε!  :)

Btw, ain't it Ash Wednesday in the Netherlands today?  :police:  
I'm doing Lent on the Julian, honestly!  ;)

Ah no, I'm greatly underweight (50-55kg while I'm around 2 meter tall) and would probably be hospitalised if I'd fast. I'll fast from some other things though.
O, I remember now that orthonorm recommended lard sandwiches for you in Lent.

Still, you could have sprinkled ashes instead of vanilla sugar on your arktomorphic cake to share it with some poor Gregorian-calendar-abiding soul. 'Σποδὸν ὡσεὶ ἄρ(κ)τον ἔφαγον' καθὼς λέγει ὁ Ψαλμὀς.  :angel: 
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
I baked a cake and it turned out alright.
Εὔγε!  :)

Btw, ain't it Ash Wednesday in the Netherlands today?  :police: 
I'm doing Lent on the Julian, honestly!  ;)

Ah no, I'm greatly underweight (50-55kg while I'm around 2 meter tall) and would probably be hospitalised if I'd fast. I'll fast from some other things though.
O, I remember now that orthonorm recommended lard sandwiches for you in Lent.

Still, you could have sprinkled ashes instead of vanilla sugar on your arktomorphic cake to share it with some poor Gregorian-calendar-abiding soul. 'Σποδὸν ὡσεὶ ἄρ(κ)τον ἔφαγον' καθὼς λέγει ὁ Ψαλμὀς. 
Καθὼς γέγραπται: "Φάγῃ...ἄρτον κακώσεως." A lard sandwiches is truly ἄρτος κακώσεως ;)

Oh, and not even ash-sprinkled bearcake can save the new calendarists  :)
 

Romaios

Archon
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
I like spaghetti. I like meat. I don't like meat in my spaghetti.
Eating only what you like and not mixing the stuff you like explains (at least partly) why you are underweight.

A bit of ἄρτος κακώσεως every now 'n Lent might just save you from yourself. It can be bear-shaped, if you like.  ;)
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,850
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My soul has been filled with paczki. These are the advantages of living among so many Poles.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
24
Location
The Underground
I can only bake a cake when I purchase the pre-prepared powder where you only have to add eggs and oil; and even then, I still need my mother's help. I commend you for baking a cake!
 

bintalshamsa

Newbie
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello there. I'm new to the board. Is there an area here for introductions? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find one.
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,294
Reaction score
124
Points
63
Age
41
bintalshamsa said:
Hello there. I'm new to the board. Is there an area here for introductions? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find one.
No special area or thread, no, but welcome to the forum! :)
 

bintalshamsa

Newbie
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
bintalshamsa said:
Hello there. I'm new to the board. Is there an area here for introductions? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find one.
No special area or thread, no, but welcome to the forum! :)
Thank you! I'm a catechumen, so I've been looking for a forum where I could learn more and talk to others who are already Orthodox.  :)
 

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,294
Reaction score
124
Points
63
Age
41
bintalshamsa said:
Asteriktos said:
bintalshamsa said:
Hello there. I'm new to the board. Is there an area here for introductions? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find one.
No special area or thread, no, but welcome to the forum! :)
Thank you! I'm a catechumen, so I've been looking for a forum where I could learn more and talk to others who are already Orthodox.  :)
Hope you find it helpful/enjoyable/etc. :)
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I was just about to discover the cure for death, but my wife asked me to take out the trash.



Selam
Taking out the trash for your wife is a cure for death too, although it only works temporarily. Now NOT taking out the thrash is a good cure for life  :)
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
I bet you like the dozen of girls even more.  Will you be the only fellow there?
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Asteriktos said:
I went to bed for a nap tonight and had a dream that Chobani's was still open in Portage and I was shopping in there and the clerk said "if you spend two more dollars you get ten dollars off" or something like that so I bought a bunch of strawberries for about $2.49 and then I woke up.
Didn't even get to enjoy eating them.  That is just wrong.
 
Top