Random Postings

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:
JamesR said:
Tallitots is gay? Makes sense...I don't see much straight men giving such good fashion advice on the pictures thread.
Oh you just haven't seen my metrosexual side yet.

Ask William.
Perhaps we'd better not, if we wish to abide by forum rules  :eek:
you're just jealy

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Clearly a transitional species between humans and our ocean-dwelling ancestors   ;D

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I went to bed for a nap tonight and had a dream that Chobani's was still open in Portage and I was shopping in there and the clerk said "if you spend two more dollars you get ten dollars off" or something like that so I bought a bunch of strawberries for about $2.49 and then I woke up.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Every time I want to read my book I refresh the forum first and... whatdoyaknow... new posts by our newest regular poster... and then I get stuck reading and responding for another 5 minutes... and then repeat the process...

Well that's it! I'm going to go read now! 

(be back in 5 minutes)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
I baked a cake and it turned out alright.
Εὔγε!  :)

Btw, ain't it Ash Wednesday in the Netherlands today?  :police: 
I'm doing Lent on the Julian, honestly!  ;)

Ah no, I'm greatly underweight (50-55kg while I'm around 2 meter tall) and would probably be hospitalised if I'd fast. I'll fast from some other things though.

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
Εὔγε!  :)

Btw, ain't it Ash Wednesday in the Netherlands today?  :police:  
I'm doing Lent on the Julian, honestly!  ;)

Ah no, I'm greatly underweight (50-55kg while I'm around 2 meter tall) and would probably be hospitalised if I'd fast. I'll fast from some other things though.
O, I remember now that orthonorm recommended lard sandwiches for you in Lent.

Still, you could have sprinkled ashes instead of vanilla sugar on your arktomorphic cake to share it with some poor Gregorian-calendar-abiding soul. 'Σποδὸν ὡσεὶ ἄρ(κ)τον ἔφαγον' καθὼς λέγει ὁ Ψαλμὀς.  :angel: 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
Εὔγε!  :)

Btw, ain't it Ash Wednesday in the Netherlands today?  :police: 
I'm doing Lent on the Julian, honestly!  ;)

O, I remember now that orthonorm recommended lard sandwiches for you in Lent.

Still, you could have sprinkled ashes instead of vanilla sugar on your arktomorphic cake to share it with some poor Gregorian-calendar-abiding soul. 'Σποδὸν ὡσεὶ ἄρ(κ)τον ἔφαγον' καθὼς λέγει ὁ Ψαλμὀς. 
Καθὼς γέγραπται: "Φάγῃ...ἄρτον κακώσεως." A lard sandwiches is truly ἄρτος κακώσεως ;)

Oh, and not even ash-sprinkled bearcake can save the new calendarists  :)

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I like spaghetti. I like meat. I don't like meat in my spaghetti.
Eating only what you like and not mixing the stuff you like explains (at least partly) why you are underweight.

A bit of ἄρτος κακώσεως every now 'n Lent might just save you from yourself. It can be bear-shaped, if you like.  ;)

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
My soul has been filled with paczki. These are the advantages of living among so many Poles.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I can only bake a cake when I purchase the pre-prepared powder where you only have to add eggs and oil; and even then, I still need my mother's help. I commend you for baking a cake!

bintalshamsa

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm new to the board. Is there an area here for introductions? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find one.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
bintalshamsa said:
Hello there. I'm new to the board. Is there an area here for introductions? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find one.
No special area or thread, no, but welcome to the forum! :)

bintalshamsa

Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
bintalshamsa said:
Thank you! I'm a catechumen, so I've been looking for a forum where I could learn more and talk to others who are already Orthodox.  :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
bintalshamsa said:
Asteriktos said:
bintalshamsa said:
Thank you! I'm a catechumen, so I've been looking for a forum where I could learn more and talk to others who are already Orthodox.  :)
Hope you find it helpful/enjoyable/etc. :)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I was just about to discover the cure for death, but my wife asked me to take out the trash.

Selam
Taking out the trash for your wife is a cure for death too, although it only works temporarily. Now NOT taking out the thrash is a good cure for life  :)

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
I bet you like the dozen of girls even more.  Will you be the only fellow there?

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I went to bed for a nap tonight and had a dream that Chobani's was still open in Portage and I was shopping in there and the clerk said "if you spend two more dollars you get ten dollars off" or something like that so I bought a bunch of strawberries for about $2.49 and then I woke up.
Didn't even get to enjoy eating them.  That is just wrong.