• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Random Postings

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
Kerdy said:
Cyrillic said:
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
I bet you like the dozen of girls even more.  Will you be the only fellow there?
Well, no. My best friend is coming too. So that makes two.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
Kerdy said:
Cyrillic said:
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
I bet you like the dozen of girls even more.  Will you be the only fellow there?
Well, no. My best friend is coming too. So that makes two.
Two guys, 12ish girls, pie...sounds like a hearty time to me.  Just behave. :police:
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,585
Reaction score
331
Points
83
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
12 girls and 2 guys. I predict a lot of giggling and a lot of blushing. Who does what depends on what kind of guys Cyrillic and his friend are.  8)
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
Kerdy said:
Cyrillic said:
Kerdy said:
Cyrillic said:
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
I bet you like the dozen of girls even more.  Will you be the only fellow there?
Well, no. My best friend is coming too. So that makes two.
Two guys, 12ish girls, pie...sounds like a hearty time to me.  Just behave. :police:
I'll be a good boy  :angel:
 

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
13,265
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
House Of Balloons
Cyrillic said:
It appears I'm invited to a girl's birthday party where I'll eat pie with a dozen of girls. I like pie.
Edited.

Honestly this was too easy of a remark to make.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
LOL Achronos. Thank you for your good wishes ;)
 

vamrat

Merarches
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
9,471
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
36
Location
Omaha
Faith
Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of New Gracanica
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
I was just about to discover the cure for death, but my wife asked me to take out the trash.



Selam
Last time a woman asked me to take out the trash



Needless to say, I was pretty lonely that night.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
My friend quickly left after he arrived so then it was just me. The pie was nice. She made it herself  :)
 

Romaios

Archon
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
2,940
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Cyrillic said:
My friend quickly left after he arrived so then it was just me. The pie was nice. She made it herself  :)
Der Hahn im Korb...  :laugh:

 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
7
Points
38
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
pmpn8rGPT said:
Am I the only one who didn't know today was Valentine's Day?
It's hard to miss, assuming you are in the US. But I too, having been paying little attention to the calendar in quite a bit,  I first thought it was gonna be on Tuesday. One lady though, enlightened me.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,585
Reaction score
331
Points
83
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
I had forgot it was today, but my therapist reminded me.
 

That person

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Faith
I dunno, Lutheran???
Jurisdiction
People's Republic of Memphis
I need no lover beyond Sweet Lady Rugby.

Also, how long should you wait between ibuprofen doses?
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
27
Location
Mesa, AZ
That person said:
I need no lover beyond Sweet Lady Rugby.

Also, how long should you wait between ibuprofen doses?
This depends entirely upon what you are hoping to accomplish.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,585
Reaction score
331
Points
83
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
pmpn8rGPT said:
500th post
You're on a roll now! Before you know it you'll be avoiding your responsibilities and refreshing the forum every 10 seconds!
 

That person

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Faith
I dunno, Lutheran???
Jurisdiction
People's Republic of Memphis
JamesRottnek said:
That person said:
I need no lover beyond Sweet Lady Rugby.

Also, how long should you wait between ibuprofen doses?
This depends entirely upon what you are hoping to accomplish.
At this point, I just want to manage exercise soreness. Conditioning my liver for when I reach drinking age is probably worthwhile though.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,585
Reaction score
331
Points
83
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
Asteriktos said:
pmpn8rGPT said:
500th post
You're on a roll now! Before you know it you'll be avoiding your responsibilities and refreshing the forum every 10 seconds!
Ah yes. Welcome to the club pmpn8rGPT.
 

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
16,357
Reaction score
170
Points
63
Location
Detroit
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
A meteor hit east of Moscow this morning.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/15/3991132/russia-meteorite-explosion-reported

 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Age
25
Location
The Underground
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
 

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
37,280
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
49
Location
Portland, Oregon
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
RUN!!!
 

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
27
Location
Mesa, AZ
PeterTheAleut said:
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
RUN TO THE MONASTERIES!!!
Fixed that.
 

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Pluck out your eyes.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Smile and say hello or smile and say nothing.  It is up to you.  But, without more details it is difficult to say.  Ah, life.  So complicated.
 

augustin717

Taxiarches
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
7
Points
38
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Telling you that at 16 unless she's vey close to your age I mean 17 or under you'd. Still end up looking weird if you tried. But it gets better as you get older.
 

Asteriktos

Strategos
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
39,585
Reaction score
331
Points
83
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
If you say anything (even hello), I'm pretty sure if she's not within 3.6 months of you in age she'll think you a creep and report you to security. True story bro.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Make the sign of the cross and continue with what you were doing :)
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Age
25
Location
The Underground
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Smile and say hello or smile and say nothing.  It is up to you.  But, without more details it is difficult to say.  Ah, life.  So complicated.
I was at the electronics store earlier this evening, and I saw this beautiful Latina of about 22-24 years old and I could help but keep looking and looking at her when she wasn't watching. And finally at the end, she caught me, and I just smiled and then walked away real fast feeling odd.
 

JamesR

Taxiarches
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
6,924
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Age
25
Location
The Underground
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Cyrillic said:
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Make the sign of the cross and continue with what you were doing :)
Probably the best advice so far; even if it is the hardest.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
JamesR said:
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
Okay, so what do you do when you are at the store and you see a very pretty woman and you can't help but keep taking quick glances at her, and you want to talk to her, except, you don't know how to without looking weird, and she catches you glancing at her and knows you are attracted to her?
Smile and say hello or smile and say nothing.  It is up to you.  But, without more details it is difficult to say.  Ah, life.  So complicated.
I was at the electronics store earlier this evening, and I saw this beautiful Latina of about 22-24 years old and I could help but keep looking and looking at her when she wasn't watching. And finally at the end, she caught me, and I just smiled and then walked away real fast feeling odd.
Sounds like a respectable departure to me.
 

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Messages
5,813
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am thinking of purchasing a home where we are considering retirement.  I am not sure how long it will be before I can actually move in.
 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
13,710
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
26
Location
Netherlands
Jurisdiction
But my heart belongs to Finland
Kerdy said:
I am thinking of purchasing a home where we are considering retirement.  I am not sure how long it will be before I can actually move in.
Good idea. Aren't prices for houses at an all-time low at the moment?
 
Top