Random Postings

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I'm feeling homesick. It's just that I don't know to where I am longing for. I was born in the South, lived my chilhood at the Center, grew up as an adult within the East and now I'm back at South. I wonder to where I should move next in order to feel home.

Now that I wrote that I realized that I am never goin to learn how to use prepositions properly. You English-speaking people should really learn to use cases instead of prepositions.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo
The timeless wisdom of the Holy Fathers.  :)

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
thought i was gonna make it to church today as i haven't been in the good mood lately, but ended up not going :(

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
augustin717 said:
thought i was gonna make it to church today as i haven't been in the good mood lately, but ended up not going :(
Me too, but because there was something stuck in a tire on the car, and I had to get it taken care of.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Success!!! So, I finally got over my social awkwardness around the opposite sex and approached the very beautiful blonde girl after Church whom I've had my eye on for quite a while. Sat next to her during coffee hour, shot the breeze, made her laugh, went to Church-school together with her, then romantically walked together outside and told her that she was very pretty before we departed. Next week I'm going to ask for her phone number.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Any advice to not screw this up? Because let's face it; chances are I'm going to have a very difficult time finding another marriagable Orthodox female my age. I have to hold onto this one.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
No. If you're ever looking to screw up a relationship with a crush though, I've got ample experience there. Just try to relax a bit I suppose. And check out this thread.

sheenj

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Any advice to not screw this up? Because let's face it; chances are I'm going to have a very difficult time finding another marriagable Orthodox female my age. I have to hold onto this one.
Hope to God that she doesn't see this post?

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
I only have one question: how long is her prayer rope?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Had a 5 page report to do on the apollo moon missions. Final paper that I turned in was about 1 1/2 pages.  Feels bad man.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Antonis said:
So have you asked her out to an akathist yet? Be careful, you don't want to come on too strong... perhaps a canon would be best for the first time?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Success!!! So, I finally got over my social awkwardness around the opposite sex and approached the very beautiful blonde girl after Church whom I've had my eye on for quite a while. Sat next to her during coffee hour, shot the breeze, made her laugh, went to Church-school together with her, then romantically walked together outside and told her that she was very pretty before we departed. Next week I'm going to ask for her phone number.
"I lost my phone number, can I borrow yours?"

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Had a 5 page report to do on the apollo moon missions. Final paper that I turned in was about 1 1/2 pages.  Feels bad man.
You should have taken a larger type size.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Antonis said:
I could make a lot of jokes about the length of a prayer rope but I'll refrain from doing so  :police:

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
sheenj said:
JamesR said:
Hope to God that she doesn't see this post?
Sometimes I think people I know IRL are watching my posts, but then again that's a silly thought. You're just making him paranoid. Besides, there are no girls on the internet.

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Antonis said:
I could make a lot of jokes about the length of a prayer rope but I'll refrain from doing so  :police:
In that case I hope she doesn't have a prayer rope. Let's just assume her nous is already praying unceasingly without any worldly aid.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Is this you posting from two and half decades ago?

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that many of the greatest entertainers of the 20th century were jews?

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Ansgar said:
Has anybody noticed that many of the greatest entertainers of the 20th century were jews?
Roseanne Arnold?
Well, yes. Together with Fanny Brice, the Marx Brothers and Victor Borge. I'm sure there are others.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
Well Pluto is still a planet in our material, so...

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
orthonorm said:
Asteriktos said:
Well Pluto is still a planet in our material, so...
Pluto is still a planet.  And I'll eviscerate anyone who says otherwise.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
While reading this forum over the past 24 hours, I don't know how many times I've said to myself the "You can lead a horse to water..." line. *shakes head*

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
JamesRottnek said:
Ansgar said:
JamesR said:
Ansgar said:
Roseanne Arnold?
Well, yes. Together with Fanny Brice, the Marx Brothers and Victor Borge. I'm sure there are others.
Leonard Cohen
Ooh, I like him.
Those who don't will inevitably die with nothing but a cardboard box to their name; a sad end to an lonely, meaningless existence.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
The lack of Mel Brooks in this thread is disturbing.
You asked for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo