Random Postings

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Arachne said:
After spending a good chunk of time going through the Parabola back issue archive, I need to find a couple hundred bucks to place an order (not very hard, though not right now) and a couple months' worth of reading time to go through the loot (nigh on impossible). I haz a sad. :-[
Everything is one.

Women are people too maybe even a superior people.

Spiritual, Jung, Buddhism, Joseph Campbell, Spiritual, Gnosticism, Elaine Pagels, Spiritual.

Women are better. Earth is a woman.

We are raping her, except Joseph Campbell, Jung, and dark skin men.

I'll send my paypal info, I look forward to your hundred pounds which should be about $5,000.
Cliff Notes, and second-hand to boot? £.02 including VAT and tip should be enough.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Walking through school in a little, pink dress is a strange experience to be sure. I don't think you'll want to see the pictures :)

sheenj

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Walking through school in a little, pink dress is a strange experience to be sure. I don't think you'll want to see the pictures :)
I take it some one has lost a bet?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Just saw a pic on facebook. When you said "little" you weren't kidding. Egads. What has been seen...

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Just saw a pic on facebook. When you said "little" you weren't kidding. Egads. What has been seen...
So sorry that you had to see something that awful  :angel:

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
I have fairly important job interview tomorrow. Nothing fancy but I hope that having anything state-related in my CV could save me from unemployment in the future.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
On the patio, sitting in a newly acquired rocker, enjoying a cup of fresh ground coffee and a bowl of EMP in a favorite pipe. :)

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Kerdy said:
On the patio, sitting in a newly acquired rocker, enjoying a cup of fresh ground coffee and a bowl of EMP in a favorite pipe. :)

I'd love to be there with you brother. :) What is EMP? I used to smoke Captain Black. Gave it up after my first heart attack. But I loved the stuff. And I inhaled it too. Not very healthy of course. :-[

Selam

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Kerdy said:

I'd love to be there with you brother. :) What is EMP? I used to smoke Captain Black. Gave it up after my first heart attack. But I loved the stuff. And I inhaled it too. Not very healthy of course. :-[

Selam
I wish you were as well.  I have had some great discussions over a pipe.  EMP is Early Morning Pipe from Dunhill.  It's a mild English blend.  I was having a good time, until it started to rain. 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The National Geographic archives rock hard.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
First day of spring and it couldn't have been better. Sunshine everywhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-dYNttdgl0

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
It's 4 degrees celsius, cold, windy and clouded here.
Come up here! We got clear sky, cold beers and jazz musicians in the streets.  :)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Come up here! We got clear sky, cold beers and jazz musicians in the streets.  :)
Come up here? It does indeed sound like heaven.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Where is this paradise? I'd like to move there.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Well, if you want my opinion, Århus and Silkeborg are some of  nicest cities. Beer is everywhere, and jazz are pretty universal, but especially in Copenhagen.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Seriously, every time I hear something about Denmark it's always something awesome. It can't be that paradise. What are you people hiding? :D

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Seriously, every time I hear something about Denmark it's always something awesome. It can't be that paradise. What are you people hiding? :D
Well, right at the moment, the czechs aren't so happy about us.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Alpo said:
Why is that? Have you drank all their beer?

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Ansgar said:
Alpo said:
Why is that? Have you drank all their beer?
Kind of. In the last few weeks, a group of danish teenagers kind of decided to repeat the viking age, except this time, they did like the swedes and went east. They detroyed some hotel rooms in Prague, one guy was stabbed by another, and they just generally got really really drunk. The real problem is that those danes who actually do behave well, appearently are so embarrassed and the czechs are so mad at them, that some have taken the ultimate consequence: pretending they're from Sweden.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Alpo said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Well, if you want my opinion, Århus and Silkeborg are some of  nicest cities. Beer is everywhere, and jazz are pretty universal, but especially in Copenhagen.
Small world, in a way. A second cousin of my mother's used to live and I think he still does live, partially at least, in Århus.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Ansgar said:
Alpo said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Small world, in a way. A second cousin of my mother's used to live and I think he still does live, partially at least, in Århus.
Is he romanian?

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
augustin717 said:
Ansgar said:
Alpo said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Is he romanian?
Of course, he and mom have the same set of great-grandparents, their grandparents were siblings etc. But he married a Danish lady later in life, after his first wife died.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Ansgar said:
augustin717 said:
Ansgar said:
Alpo said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Come up here! We got clear sky, cold beers and jazz musicians in the streets.  :)
Well, if you want my opinion, Århus and Silkeborg are some of  nicest cities. Beer is everywhere, and jazz are pretty universal, but especially in Copenhagen.
Is he romanian?
Of course, he and mom have the same set of great-grandparents, their grandparents were siblings etc. But he married a Danish lady later in life, after his first wife died.
Ah, then it only makes sense. There are a lot of romanians in Århus.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Also I was thinking, if anyone happens to know, is Easter weekend a good time to be in Paris or you'd rather avoid it? obviously Catholic Easter.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Also I was thinking, if anyone happens to know, is Easter weekend a good time to be in Paris or you'd rather avoid it? obviously Catholic Easter.
I would avoid it, unless you don't mind everyone taking advantage of school holidays to congregate at EuroDisney.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
augustin717 said:
I would avoid it, unless you don't mind everyone taking advantage of school holidays to congregate at EuroDisney.
thanks. i wouldn't go to the EuroDisney anyways. More worried about accommodations being more pricey and that type of thing.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Arachne said:
augustin717 said:
thanks. i wouldn't go to the EuroDisney anyways. More worried about accommodations being more pricey and that type of thing.
Prices always go up around the holidays, unless of course you have booked well in advance. School holidays add an extra crowd factor into the mix.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I like to open up 26 oz. cans of Spaghettios and eat it straight from the can without cooking it. The hint of sourness of spaghettios paired with the silky sweetness of diet sunkist is simply delectable. I am a true sommelier of the vulgar.

I would like to do the same thing with Campbells vegetarian vegetable, except that I like to pick the potatoes out. I love potatoes, but not in my veggie vegetable soup, where it acts as filler.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I like to open up 26 oz. cans of Spaghettios and eat it straight from the can without cooking it.
I can do the same with baked beans. And frankfurters. Together or separately. Oink, oink. :D

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
Also I was thinking, if anyone happens to know, is Easter weekend a good time to be in Paris or you'd rather avoid it?
I'd avoid Paris like the plague. But then I'd do that at all times, not only at Easter.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I like to open up 26 oz. cans of Spaghettios and eat it straight from the can without cooking it. The hint of sourness of spaghettios paired with the silky sweetness of diet sunkist is simply delectable. I am a true sommelier of the vulgar.

I would like to do the same thing with Campbells vegetarian vegetable, except that I like to pick the potatoes out. I love potatoes, but not in my veggie vegetable soup, where it acts as filler.
I do this with raviollis.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I really love my wife!

This has actually been one of the better weeks I have had in a very long time and a lot of that has to do with my bride!