Random Postings

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
GiC said:
Papist said:
10. Give yourself a day or two off every week. If you work out seven days a week, you will becom over-trained and you will not feel well nor workout well. You need at least one day each week for your muscles to rest both from cario and weight training. So on your days off from the gym, NO WORKING OUT.
You need more time than that to rest, at least if you're pushing yourself. Even on a heavy cycle, a 5 day a week workouts (3-4 hrs per day) is very taxing; unless you're also on a high dose of hGH a 6 day a week workout would be counter productive and even then, you still need to rotate muscles and intensities. (for anaerobic workouts, if you're an aerobic athlete you can easily work out daily, provided you vary the load properly).

The problem with just rotating muscles and not taking enough time off is that you're not just training specific muscle groups, you're also training ATP production, Lactate threshold, anaerobic threshold, bone density, and the nervous system throughout the skeletal-muscular system. Without either allowing time for this to rest (or using substances that accelerate regeneration), you won't be able to reach the full potential of your gains and will plateau far faster.
Agreed. I wasn't expecting a heavy work out load from the other poster. When I am lifting heavey, I only work out five days a week. OR I do three days, then a day off, three days, then a day off.

greekischristian

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Papist said:
GiC said:
Papist said:
10. Give yourself a day or two off every week. If you work out seven days a week, you will becom over-trained and you will not feel well nor workout well. You need at least one day each week for your muscles to rest both from cario and weight training. So on your days off from the gym, NO WORKING OUT.
You need more time than that to rest, at least if you're pushing yourself. Even on a heavy cycle, a 5 day a week workouts (3-4 hrs per day) is very taxing; unless you're also on a high dose of hGH a 6 day a week workout would be counter productive and even then, you still need to rotate muscles and intensities. (for anaerobic workouts, if you're an aerobic athlete you can easily work out daily, provided you vary the load properly).

The problem with just rotating muscles and not taking enough time off is that you're not just training specific muscle groups, you're also training ATP production, Lactate threshold, anaerobic threshold, bone density, and the nervous system throughout the skeletal-muscular system. Without either allowing time for this to rest (or using substances that accelerate regeneration), you won't be able to reach the full potential of your gains and will plateau far faster.
Agreed. I wasn't expecting a heavy work out load from the other poster. When I am lifting heavey, I only work out five days a week. OR I do three days, then a day off, three days, then a day off.
An eight day week would make developing workout routines and schedules so much easier. ;)

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
Anyone notice all the Catholic vs. Orthodox debates on the forum lately?
Yeah, since we can't talk about homosexuals, we're forced to discuss the second worst people on Earth. ;D :laugh:
Don't forget also that the Sunday just gone was the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee and we once again opened the book of the Triodion which is the door to the abyss containing the Purple Demons.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
Don't forget also that the Sunday just gone was the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee and we once again opened the book of the Triodion which is the door to the abyss containing the Purple Demons.
Amen.

I miss our old Seminary gag of wishing everyone "Happy Nameday" on Publican & Pharisee Sunday.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
ozgeorge said:
Amen.

I miss our old Seminary gag of wishing everyone "Happy Nameday" on Publican & Pharisee Sunday.
Nice.  ;D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Fr. George said:
ozgeorge said:
Amen.

Nice.  ;D
A few parishioners appreciated that one yesterday, too.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
ChristusDominus said:
minasoliman said:
Asteriktos said:
Well, imagine the worst headache you've had. Then make it so light makes it hurt worse. And sound makes it hurt worse. And movement makes it hurt worse. So... you're left to lay in bed motionless, in the dark, in silence, with the only thing you can do is think about how much your head hurts.  I'm glad that I haven't had one in a very long time! I once got one after a night of playing 007:Goldeneye with friends. I couldn't get the images of gunfire and exploding proximity mines out of my head. Not pleasant. :'( 8)
In medical terminology, when we hear someone say "worst headache of my life," the first thing that pops in our heads is subarachnoid hemorrhage.  But of course, not everyone's "worst headache" is that.  It's just the same as if someone comes into ER with chest pain, and we all start to be cautious about a heart attack.

I personally get mild migraines, throbbing and pulsating one sided headaches, especially when I am hypertensive, or if I grind my teeth when stressed.  Also, I don't get flairs, but when someone showed me a youtube video of a flair, I had a pretty bad headache.
A sincere question here: what do you by flair? I get headaches as well but I don't know what you mean by flair. Maybe I have had them and me not knowing :)
I apologize, I don't know why I said flair (or flare?).  I meant aura, to be more precise.  I'd give you a youtube video of an aura, but I don't want to encourage people here to watch it or their migraines can flare up.  But if you do a youtube search "optical migraine" the first video is a good example (and just gave me a headache right now, can't even listen to my own advice).

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
Yeah, since we can't talk about homosexuals, we're forced to discuss the second worst people on Earth. ;D :laugh:
Yup.  It's Fat Week.

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
Fr. George said:
ozgeorge said:
Amen.

I called old friends to wish them xronia polla.  good times.  lol

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
PeterTheAleut said:
ozgeorge said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
Papist said:
Yup.  It's Fat Week.
Yah....i'm loosing my seminary touch.  totally forgot that this was a fast-free week.  good times man..

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
Am I the 400K caller?

oh....nvm :(
I'm trying to come up with a jest about postings and 401K, but it doesn't seem to lend itself to a bad pun or anything like that.

Ah well.