Taxiarches
Reaction score
biro said:
William said:
Cyrillic said:
William said:
Achronos said:
William said:
silly Achronos, setting himself up to be yoked with nonbelievers.
Hey doesn't the husband consecrate his wife?  :police:
I am confused.
The unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband (1 Corinthians 7:14)
That wasn't what I was confused about. It's how Achronos can be against Jennifer Aniston's wedding but is okay with dating an atheist.
That's because people tend to make things okay for themselves.
Exactly.  People make all sorts of excuses and considerations when it's something they want.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
William said:
Achronos said:
William said:
silly Achronos, setting himself up to be yoked with nonbelievers.
Hey doesn't the husband consecrate his wife?  :police:
I am confused.
The unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband (1 Corinthians 7:14)
Not only is this improperly quoted, it's way out of context.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Is this rude? My dad is a huge, classic, stereotypical homophobe and the other day when we had company over, he was going on into a huge homophobic rant about how they "violate the Bah-bul!" and that he's glad he isn't like them. So I ended up embarassing him and humbling him in front of everyone by reminding him that he fornicated and thus is just as guilty as them of "violating the Bah-bul."

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Is this rude? My dad is a huge, classic, stereotypical homophobe and the other day when we had company over, he was going on into a huge homophobic rant about how they "violate the Bah-bul!" and that he's glad he isn't like them. So I ended up embarassing him and humbling him in front of everyone by reminding him that he fornicated and thus is just as guilty as them of "violating the Bah-bul."
YIKES!! What happened next?  :eek: ;)

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
LBK said:
JamesR said:
He gave me a dirty look, then stopped talking and we finished dinner in silence.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
LBK said:
JamesR said:
You mean, after he woke up?

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I don't know the specifics of what he was saying, but contrary to popular belief, not everyone who doesn't fully embrace homosexual conduct is a homophobe.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
JamesR said:
I don't know the specifics of what he was saying, but contrary to popular belief, not everyone who doesn't fully embrace homosexual conduct is a homophobe.
I know that, but my dad was dropping the F-A double G E-T word; I think that says enough about what he was saying.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Walking home with a blizzard blowing into my face was a pain. Literally.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
contrary to popular belief, not everyone who doesn't fully embrace homosexual conduct is a homophobe.
But anyone who makes a fuss about homosexuality or someone being a homosexual probably is a homophobe or a homosexual. Or both.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Kerdy said:
contrary to popular belief, not everyone who doesn't fully embrace homosexual conduct is a homophobe.
But anyone who makes a fuss about homosexuality or someone being a homosexual probably is a homophobe or a homosexual. Or both.
No

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Kerdy said:
Alpo said:
Kerdy said:
No
Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I subscribe to the Church's teaching on sexuality. That doesn't mean making a fuss about homosexuals or homosexuality.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Kerdy said:
Alpo said:
Kerdy said:
No
Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I subscribe to the Church's teaching on sexuality. That doesn't mean making a fuss about homosexuals or homosexuality.
Wouldn't that be dependant on what one considers a fuss as well as what one considers the Church's teachings?  Either way, it still would not automatically make a person a homophobe or homosexual.  

Next random post...

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
My apartment smells like an ashtray.
Then quit. Your lungs, your curtains and carpets, and your hip pocket will thank you.  ;)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
Then quit. Your lungs, your curtains and carpets, and your hip pocket will thank you.  ;)
I've never smoked anything in my life--not once. I'm not the source of the smell...

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
I've never smoked anything in my life--not once. I'm not the source of the smell...
Must have been quite a party, then. Or one helluva card game.  :laugh:

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
Never? Even I, one of the most boring persons ever, smoked all sorts of things.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Not even a ciggerette (sp?)  One time I was at a party of my father's friends and everyone was smoking pot, but I turned it down. That was probably as close as I ever came.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
One time I was at a party of my father's friends and everyone was smoking pot, but I turned it down. That was probably as close as I ever came.
You didn't miss much.  ;) :p :p

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
I've never smoked a thing either, despite the joints regularly making the rounds of the gaming table. Just the thought of inhaling something (beyond air) gives me the heebiejeebies. Like those people who can't put anything into their eyes.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Like those people who can't put anything into their eyes.
Oh, Lordy! Somehow I've defied strong genes on both sides of the family and haven't needed glasses yet, even at my age. But, if and when that day comes, and it will be when, not if, contact lenses will be completely out of the question.

I ain't too proud to wear glasses. Too old and grumpy to be messing with all that paraphernalia.  ;)

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Just the thought of inhaling something (beyond air) gives me the heebiejeebies. Like those people who can't put anything into their eyes.
+1

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
What low self-esteem can do to people!  ::)

You should stop thinking about yourself that way. Really! 

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Romaios said:
Cyrillic said:
What low self-esteem can do to people!  ::)

You should stop thinking about yourself that way. Really! 
It's a habit of mine. I always think least of myself to avoid disappointments. It works.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
I want to smoke really badly, but my parents won't let me till I'm 18; one more year left. I'm already planning on purchasing a huge cigar on my 18th birthday and smoking the entire thing to celebrate my ascent to manhood :)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I want to smoke really badly, but my parents won't let me till I'm 18; one more year left. I'm already planning on purchasing a huge cigar on my 18th birthday and smoking the entire thing to celebrate my ascent to manhood :)
It's better than pipe but a cigar is really heavy to start with.

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
"Ascent into manhood"! Good thing you added a smiley.  ;)

BTW, do yourself and your wallet a favor and do not do the cigar thing. The manly thing to do, if you really want to celebrate your "passage," is to resist such trite and damaging stereotypes as drinking, smoking and having sex. I submit to you that these "manly" things are actually very childish. Good luck.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
.... and you'll be as sick as a dog if you do. Nothing "manly" about that.  :p :p

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Cyrillic said:
Asteriktos said:
LBK said:
Asteriktos said:
I did that for my 18th. Never smoked before or since. It was just nice to know I could. Brickhouse is a pretty good brand if you're wondering.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
The cigarette smoking man smoked Morleys, fwiw...

LOL! Nice! I love stuff that exists solely throughout the fictional universe of Hollywood.

Thanks for reminding me about this.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
My fantasy baseball draft starts in less than 4 minutes. I thought you all should know.

Arachne

Toumarches
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I did nothing special or new when I turned eighteen.
I skipped school and went shopping. And the sky didn't fall. ;)

Cyrillic said:
I did IETS exams today. Anyone here ever did that?
I know about them, but by the time they were established, my certifications were long past.