Random Postings

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Technically, wouldn't the lives of adults be more valuable than children, since adults are capable of doing things, whereas children are totally dependent for the most part?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm not ready to measure worth by productivity; GiC still has a way to go before I'd do that  8)

Pan Michał

Elder
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Technically, wouldn't the lives of adults be more valuable than children, since adults are capable of doing things, whereas children are totally dependent for the most part?
I don't know, they pay me the same for both.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
someone brought me grapes I did not have the heart to turn the person down though I did not want to eat those grapes, now I don't feel so hot, and I am turning as green as those grapes... man this is not going to end well.

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I gonna get a free copy of Christ the Conqueror of Hell by Archbishop Hilarion Alfayev. This excites me, as I really like free things.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Francis is a sissy name (or assisi name... same thing). That's worse than the other popes like John and John Paul and such. Benedict was a step in the right direction, but now this? Are there no cool names in Catholicism?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Who wants to move with me to Costa Rica? Individuals with man bits need not apply.

Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
I was incredibly bored and made a drawing. It's the Archbishop of Kawaii and all of Desu-san. He's cute.

Nice. You should try making an Orthodox comic book. I don't thing there any yet.  You could try an online one in the beginning and get some feedback...even if it is just for kids and kicks aka pleasure.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Russian scientists have finally admitted that Russians are really Finns with wrong language. I hope that news reach Putin so that he can hand over Russia to president Niinistö. Patriarch Cyril could become metropolitan under Archbishop Leo.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Alpo said:
Russian scientists have finally admitted that Russians are really Finns with wrong language. I hope that news reach Putin so that he can hand over Russia to president Niinistö. Patriarch Cyril could become metropolitan under Archbishop Leo.
Suomi forever!

Does this mean that you will finally help us beat the swedes?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Dear S.C. Johnson,

You have been promising to be more forthright regarding what chemicals are in your products. My can of Glade spray lists the ingredients as: "fragrance, solubilizers, emulsifier, stabilizer, corrosion inhibitor, propellants."  I hope you plan to do a bit better than this in the future.

Sincerely,

J

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Dear S.C. Johnson,

You have been promising to be more forthright regarding what chemicals are in your products. My can of Glade spray lists the ingredients as: "fragrance, solubilizers, emulsifier, stabilizer, corrosion inhibitor, propellants."  I hope you plan to do a bit better than this in the future.

Sincerely,

J
Yeah, ain't corporate America awesome.

TBF, nothing in consumer products in this country which go on or into your body ain't that big of a deal.

But we will sell you as much acetaminophen or chlorine as you like.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Yo Asteriktos, you should take me to some good food places when I come out in May dude.
Where are you staying at? Pittsburgh?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:
Yo Asteriktos, you should take me to some good food places when I come out in May dude.
Where are you staying at? Pittsburgh?
I'm moving there, just got a job out there.

Yeah I'll be in the downtown area for awhile, until I decide on what to do if I want to live in a township or not.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
I don't believe it. How can it snow in APRIL!
Such is life in Northwestern Europe.
Yeah, but it's not normal up here to have snow at this time. According to our mental clock, it should be spring right now. We will get even more depressed.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Yeah, but it's not normal up here to have snow at this time. According to our mental clock, it should be spring right now. We will get even more depressed.
It's snowing here as well.

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
I wanna go to Greece.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
That darn global warming causes, oh, you said it was cold.  Never mind.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
I wanna go to Greece.
2 more months for me...

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
I wanna go to Greece.
2 more months for me...
Lucky you.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Sorry to you Europeans. Here in American Midwest/Upper South it's finally switching from gray and rainy to sunny and warm. I even got a tiny sunburn yesterday!

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I hate mornings. I always either miss church or am super late. Sure I'll go to compline or an akathist or a vespers sometime during the week but that doesn't count. This is why I had to turn my priest down when he asked me to join the church at Pascha. I feel like I should overcome my sloth and actually regularly attend  before that.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
William said:
Sorry to you Europeans. Here in American Midwest/Upper South it's finally switching from gray and rainy to sunny and warm. I even got a tiny sunburn yesterday!
:(

William said:
I hate mornings. I always either miss church or am super late. Sure I'll go to compline or an akathist or a vespers sometime during the week but that doesn't count. This is why I had to turn my priest down when he asked me to join the church at Pascha. I feel like I should overcome my sloth and actually regularly attend  before that.
:(

Ansgar said:
Cyrillic said:
Ansgar said:
I wanna go to Greece.
2 more months for me...
Lucky you.
Ever been to Greece?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I want to go (back) to Greece as well. If we win the lottery, we're so moving back for about 2/3 of the year.

Just finished 16 pages of typing. Took me the whole of the weekend, in between keeping up with the necessities of life, and really kept me out of the loop of things.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
For what it's worth, I want to go (back) to Greece as well. If we win the lottery, we're so moving back for about 2/3 of the year.
2/3rds of the year? I am happy with one week every year.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Arachne said:
2/3rds of the year? I am happy with one week every year.
Well, I'd have to decide if I want my son to go to school here in the UK or in Greece, and that would decide where we would spend most of our time. But with the lottery bagged, either wouldn't be a problem. ;)

Pan Michał

Elder
Reaction score
William said:
As a matter of fact, sunny Warsaw was sunny, today.

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Two weeks down, one to go, then I'll be back with the family.  At least for a little while.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
We don't really get snow in California, save maybe a few mountain peaks in the northernmost regions during winter. Here we just get strong, freezing winds and rainfall during the winter. Specially, in the Bay Area, almost everyday feels like it is autumn due to the overcast weather and wind. We usually only get like 3-4 weeks of hot days in summer, then it goes back to the average autumn-ish weather.