Random Postings

ms.hoorah

High Elder
Reaction score
Any one who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.
—John von Neumann
(Oh no.  That’s another sin I forgot to confess.)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
ms.hoorah said:
 This is Ameeeeeerica, man.
Is it?
We should have told you this sooner, but... we really only let you aussies participate here because we like the funny way you spell words such as colour.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Asteriktos said:
ozgeorge said:
ms.hoorah said:
Is it?
We should have told you this sooner, but... we really only let you aussies participate here because we like the funny way you spell words such as colour.
At least you spelled it correctly! :D

ms.hoorah

High Elder
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
ozgeorge said:
ms.hoorah said:
Is it?
Ohhhhh...so thats why they are here. I thought it was because of Foster’s. ;)

Jake C

Reaction score
Haha, excellent!

I never had standard Fosters, just the bitter. That was bad enough, I can't imagine the horror that is the lager.

ozgeorge

Hoplitarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.greekorthodox.org.au
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

I never had standard Fosters, just the bitter. That was bad enough, I can't imagine the horror that is the lager.
No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters. Its a joke we've played on the world and you all fell for it.

Get_Behind_Me_Satan

Reaction score
This shows how much the demons hate us.

They don't like us to pray very much.

They really, really, hated these men.

Evagrios the Solitary
On Prayer:
One Hundred and Fifty-Three Texts

Philokalia book 1

106. We have heard that the evil one attacked a certain saint so fiercely as he prayed that, when the saint lifted up his hands, the evil one changed himself into a lion and raising his front legs fixed his claws into the saint's thighs; and he kept them there until the saint lowered his hands, which was only when he had come to the end of his usual prayers.
107. There is too the case of that great monk, John the Small. He lived the hesychastic life in a pit, and his
communion with God was not interrupted even when a demon in the form of a serpent wound itself round him,
chewed his flesh and spat it out into his face.
108. You have surely read the lives of the monks of Tabennesis. When Abba Theodore was preaching to the
brethren, two vipers crawled under his feet; but he calmly made an arch of his feet and let them stay there until
he had finished his sermon. Then he showed the vipers to the brethren and told them what had happened.
109. We read how, when another spiritual brother was praying, a viper came and wound itself round his leg. But he
did not lower his hands until he had finished all his usual prayers; and because he loved God more than himself,
he was not harmed at all.
110. Do not let your eyes be distracted during prayer, but detach yourself from concern with body and soul, and give all your attention to the intellect.
111. Another saint living the hesychastic life in the desert was attacked, as he was praying, by demons who for two
weeks tossed him like a ball in the air, catching him in his rush-mat. They were completely unsuccessful in
distracting his mind from fiery prayer.

112. When another monk was practicing inner prayer as he journeyed in the desert, two angels came and walked on either side of him. But he paid no heed to them, for he did not wish to lose what was better. He remembered the
words of the Apostle: 'Neither angels, nor principalities, nor powers . . . shall be able to separate us from the
love of Christ* (Rom. 8: 38-39).

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters. Its a joke we've played on the world and you all fell for it.
And yet, it's head and shoulders above our own practical joke, Bud Light.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Demetrios G. said:
How does one pray for telemarketers and meter-maids.
I guess the way that Jewish Rabbi in Fiddler on the Roof prayed for the Tsar:  "May God bless and keep the Tsar...  far away from us!" :laugh:

Elijah

Elder
Reaction score
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. (1 John 1:5-7)

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

IIRC Fosters isn't even brewed in Australia.