Random Postings

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
Fr. George said:
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

I never had standard Fosters, just the bitter. That was bad enough, I can't imagine the horror that is the lager.
No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters. Its a joke we've played on the world and you all fell for it.
IIRC Fosters isn't even brewed in Australia.
According to their own website, www.fostersbeer.com, it's brewed in the US in Fort Worth, Texas, by Oil Can Breweries, using a licence from Foster's International. Hmm, Oil Can....sounds about like it tastes.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
According to their own website, www.fostersbeer.com, it's brewed in the US in Fort Worth, Texas, by Oil Can Breweries, using a licence from Foster's International. Hmm, Oil Can....sounds about like it tastes.
They should call it Tin Man.  I don't think it would sell as well, though (so much for truth in advertising).

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

I never had standard Fosters, just the bitter. That was bad enough, I can't imagine the horror that is the lager.
No one in Australia actually drinks Fosters. Its a joke we've played on the world and you all fell for it.
And yet, it's head and shoulders above our own practical joke, Bud Light.
Too true; Budweiser, Coors, Busch, etc ... It should be illegal to label this fermented goat urine as beer.  :)

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
GabrieltheCelt said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

Too true; Budweiser, Coors, Busch, etc ... It should be illegal to label this fermented goat urine as beer.  :)
Ahh, how good it is to live in Beervana! ;D  I believe we have more microbreweries here in western Oregon than anywhere else in the U.S.

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

Too true; Budweiser, Coors, Busch, etc ... It should be illegal to label this fermented goat urine as beer.  :)
Ahh, how good it is to live in Beervana! ;D  I believe we have more microbreweries here in western Oregon than anywhere else in the U.S.
And some of them are pretty darn good!  Used to be the only domestic beer I would drink was Sam Adams; I've had some really good microbrewery stuff lately.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
PeterTheAleut said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
Are EO allowed to drink beer during Lent? We're not.

Selam
It's allowed in the Slavic tradition, I believe.
Beer is liquid bread.
It's good that we abstain from alcohol during fasts in our Church. Heck, if I lived in Oregon and could drink during fats, then I'd probably be on "Intervention" in no time.

Selam

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
PeterTheAleut said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:

Selam
Beer is liquid bread.
It's good that we abstain from alcohol during fasts in our Church. Heck, if I lived in Oregon and could drink during fats, then I'd probably be on "Intervention" in no time.

Selam
Man, I wish I could drink during a fats, but I don't know of any fatsing seasons. ;)  What is that, anyway?  The exact opposite of fasting? :D

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
PeterTheAleut said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:
PeterTheAleut said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
Gebre Menfes Kidus said:

Selam
Beer is liquid bread.

Selam
Man, I wish I could drink during a fats, but I don't know of any fatsing seasons. ;)  What is that, anyway?  The exact opposite of fasting? :D
Yeah, that makes sense. And since I am fasting and thereby abstaining from alcohol, I have no excuse for typing "fatsing"! :D

Selam

Elijah

Elder
Reaction score
"Their throats are open graves;
     their tongues practice deceit."
  "The poison of vipers is on their lips."
   "Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."

"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
   ruin and misery mark their ways,

and the way of peace they do not know."
   There is no fear of God before their eyes."
(Rom. 3:13-18)

Elijah

Elder
Reaction score
So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. (Ecclesiastes 3:22)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
You disgust me, Elijah.

Not really, just wanted to say something random.

Jake C

Reaction score
ytterbiumanalyst said:
ozgeorge said:
Jake C said:
Haha, excellent!

Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Jake C said:
Sadly, it seems that our practical joke flew over most of our population's head. Unlike the Aussies, who apparently export all of their trash "beer" (read: Foster's), there are legions of Americans who actually drink Bud Light (why is beyond me).
My brother-in-law went to a pub in rural Ireland, and he said that almost everyone was drinking Budweiser.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Alveus Lacuna said:
Jake C said:
My brother-in-law went to a pub in rural Ireland, and he said that almost everyone was drinking Budweiser.
Yeah, I remember when I was in Mexico years ago and they loved Budweiser. Of course all the "cool" Mexicans I hung out with drank Dos Equis, Bohemia, and Negra Modelo.

(Why am I talking about beer during Lent! :-[)

Selam